Answer Financial
www.answerfinancial.com Encino, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Answer Financial Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014
Answer Financial – Knoxville – “Cutting the ribbon at our new offices in…”

Rob Slingerland

Great work-life balance

I have been working at Answer Financial

ProsSmart people
Data driven
Drive to succeed

ConsNeed better coordination between cross functional teams

Good if you're smart and are willing to work hard

Sales Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsYou can determine your salary. No outbound calls, they come to you.

ConsAuditors that don't know anything about sales or insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop producers should be rewarded more so they don't leave for greener pastures and create even more turnover.

What A Joke

Licensing (Former Employee)
Knoxville, TN

I worked at Answer Financial as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSome of your co workers are wonderful!

ConsMgmt and HR are jokes! The atmosphere that HR and management project is one of a 'good ole boys club'. Many illegal things are allowed to happen and even if they're reported to HR nothing is done.
Don't waste your time with this company. They are only interested in how much money comes in and not how employees are treated. Then they wonder why employee turnover is so high.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and stop thinking the only thing that's important is your money. If you called your employees more, the people who are on the front lines for your company, maybe they'd stay.

Insurance agent

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany provides training and there are opportunities for good bonuses. Job is fairly easy and simple. You have downtime.

ConsLittle to no opportunities for advancement or growth. Job is endless. Same thing everyday month after month.

Horrible Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Answer Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsThere's a California Chicken Cafe down the street.

ConsI finally left because I could no longer stand the fact that I have a college education and was working among these animals. Don't put your lunch in the refrigerator because it will get stolen.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves.

Not the place for experienced sales people

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time

ProsWork from home if you qualify, No Prospecting required

ConsCompany is top heavy, agents are treated like numbers, commission chargebacks and no renewal commissions, no raises and little upward mobility, base salary not competitive with similar sales jobs, requirement to work weekends and holidays, difficult to get time off, management does not respect/hear the opinions of employees, must pay for parking if you work in office, office morale is horrible since many people are on stress leave and the rest are looking to find another job

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your sales managers about the compensation plan. They have been telling you for years it needs to change. Pay should be based on PREMIUM not units. That is why you have so many agents writing volumes of crappy 15/30/10 liability policies that cancel. No one wants to write a 4 car policy because it take so much time and you pay so little for it. Also do you really need so many sales managers and marketing reps to run an insurance agency? If you cut half the bloated staff that does not contribute to the bottom line maybe you could afford to pay your sales agents a respectable wage. When you pay the winner of a "chili cook off" the same amount as to give your salesmen of the quarter, you are sending the wrong message to your sales staff on their value to you. As the job market changes you will no longer be able to keep quality sales people because they will be able to find jobs elsewhere at a considerably higher wage. ex. Viking

Be Skeptical about the Compensation

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Answer Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsThey pay for the training and licensing fees to obtain your Insurance License

ConsInbound calls from very mainly the absolute dregs and dirtbags of the insurance world. The ones with the worst records, the one's no self-respecting Carrier would touch come to AFI. You will be talking to some of the rudest, most obnoxious, outright lying SOB's you could imagine.
Every single thing you say is monitored.
 3 weeks after I started they gutted the Comp. plan!
"Retention Bonus" When a Policy you sold renewed, you got paid a bonus. "Chargeback" when the policy cancels (for whatever reason) AFI billed you but the two balanced each other out somewhat. Then! They Arbitrarily, just like that, called all the Agents in and Wham! Eliminated the "Retention Bonus" BUT Kept the "Chargeback's"
Every Month!! You started your Month Owing AFI, 3,4,5,6,-$1000 or more and you don't start earning a DIME in commissions For Yourself until you've overcome that deficit and what's worse? They knew it killed the Agent's earning potential.. They Knew It! Management Knew it and could give a fig! Two reasons AFI is always hiring? A.) There's extremely few decent jobs around. B. They have a high turn over rate. C. Morale? I ran into a guy I worked with there and I said: "you still with AFI?" His answer: "yeah, unfortunately."

Advice to Senior Managementspell out the comp plan "warts and all" and then remind the new hire: "and it's all subject to change."

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Prosthere are benefits and a base pay

Consextremely stresseful environment with little to no chance for growth. leads are of extreme poor quality with customers that cannot afford to pay policy premiums. we write business in states where we know that we are no competitive in. we must read long robotic scripts and ask stupid questions no relative to the rate. our compensation is probably the worst in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay agents fairly

Great place if you are good at auto/home insurance sales!

Sales Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time for less than a year

ProsNo cold calling, mostly inbound calls from 3rd party lead sources. If you do well, work from home opportunities are available.

ConsMost of the leads you get are people that don't want to buy insurance, it's a struggle to convince people to buy and meet your sales goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket directly to customers instead of relying on 3rd parties. The quality of leads can definitely be improved.

Good Company and Opportunities

Director, Business Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Answer Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsThey have a very flat organization as such you have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact with your efforts.

ConsCan be slow to react due to the high regulatory environment to on insurance in each state. But management is willing to explore new opportunities when possible. Very competitive industry dominated by large insurance carriers' marketing dollars which hinder company's ability to compete with more aggressive marketing budget and limits the ROI achievable by marketing partners.

Worked for Answer Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Answer Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Answer Financial CEO Rob Slingerland. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Answer Financial employees.