Antec Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Andrew Lee

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Antec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is pretty laid back but also has a sense of urgency when it comes down to business. I am really enjoying my time here, the CEO seems very friendly and has a great sense of humor during the company meetings. Also, I LOVE the fact that we have quarterly functional meetings with the CEO and a small group of employees were we are free to ask any questions to the CEO. Management team at Antec want to see you grow as an individual and take on more responsibility as your time progresses at Antec.

Cons

People that take 4 hour lunch breaks because they are "salaried" needs to get fired. Not even the CEO of the company take that long. Other current employees talk about loyalty, but in reality these people are just here to take money. Always taking personal breaks while getting paid.

Advice to Management

Fire the person that back stabs the company. How is this person still a current employee? If they don't like the company they work for then leave. This fixing "music titles on iPod" only one guy in the company has Admin rights on computers to do that, yet here he is speaking about loyalty when it's really backstabbing. I say look for a much more productive guy because this person every time you look for them, always out of his desk. Antec is big enough of a company to find a way better person than this.

“Great company moving to change directions and overcome some past challenges; excellent road ahead of growth and profit.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Antec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with employees is like a family, everybody looks out to each other. Employees are easy to work with and very outgoing. More room for improvements.

Cons

Not a lot of projects. Products have a short lifespan and the fun meter on new products are somewhat low.Engineers does not listen to ideas and suggestions.

Advice to Management

Change the direction and move on and expand more products to other customers. Listen to some employees and changes should be implemented. Provide moral support to departments.

Excellent company with bright future and bright products!!!

I have been working at Antec

Pros

Antec is a 28yr. old company with a lot of history. It has gone through its up and downs as many companies have. They brought in a new General Manager a couple of years ago to revamp the company. In that time there has been many positive changes with a focus on new business development and employee moral. The companies provides free drinks and snacks and bring in lunch for special events and holidays. Antec has been enhancing its product offering and moved into mobile accessories beyond it core business of computer components and accessories. Recently, they have brought in senior executives with significant industry knowledge who has helped drive Antec business in various categories and improve Antec's brand image. The future look bright for Antec and users of Antec products.

Cons

Employees who don't understand that companies have to advance and morph over time to be competitive in the ever changing marketplace.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee development. Continue to create great and industry leading products and developing new markets for Antec's products.

Disconnected, Unorganized, and Unprofessional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Antec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendships between coworkers are made because you weather a chaotic storm together. High turnover rate means more responsibility for everybody. If you can stand being overworked and stressed you will get some hands on experience.

Cons

Disconnected: Upper management (the family that owns the company) is clueless and unprofessional. Basic industry standards such as market research, outbound sales development, or product development schedules are nonexistent. The decision making process can be summarized is as such: "Guys I decided _______, forget everything I said last week. I want you to do all this other work because I said so." Unorganized: The office is dusty, dirty, and cluttered. The crumbling building is a physical representation of Antec's loss of marketshare. Beyond the physical mess, the organization itself is has lost credibility. Hard work and loyalty is not rewarded. The most tenured employees have nothing to show for their years of service. That said, those that succeed in this organization protect themselves and gossip Unprofessional: Birds of feather loose money together, upper management is a family of bungling clowns that bicker constantly. They expect you to work on their personal pet projects (starting a restaurant) and menial tasks (fixing the music titles on their iPod). The truth is you will have to answer to five different people and figure out which task is a priority. Upper management will berate employees in front of the entire company, and focus more on their personal opinion of you than the merit of work itself.

Advice to Management

Greed and pride clouds judgement, and limits the natural growth of your employees and thus the company. Be open, and don't silo your teams. Open up communication and don't be afraid to receive advice. Remember that success is not just the result of the leadership team but a combination of effort from the entire company.

Feb 20, 2015 – General Manager

These are some serious points that will be addressed and considered. The issues brought up in this review are all valid and do prove certain points. Being in the industry for 28 years has created a ... More

Everyone needs a new start

I have been working at Antec full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There's a shift in the environment. They're having more activities and social events at work. Management is improving their efforts to helping to change the company

Cons

Still needs time to grow

Advice to Management

Keep looking forward and promote change.

7. A Ok job for starter .

I worked at Antec

Pros

Co-workers are super nice and friendly .

Cons

Management playing favors all the time. You really need to get into good term with your boss in order to get any pay raise or promotions.

Oct 21, 2014 – General Manager

Thank you for your response. We understand the need to improve and can comfortably say we are on the transition to change. We will improve and take recommendations seriously.

Chaos

I worked at Antec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The products were used to be great.

Cons

No new creative products. Terrible management.

Advice to Management

Grow out of your family business. No leadership.

Oct 21, 2014 – General Manager

Antec did start as a family business, however, management is slowly transitioning and we hope to improve our professional management team soon! It is very exciting times! Thank you for your ... More

Very bad company

I have been working at Antec full-time

Pros

Casual, coworkers are nice, good weather in Fremont

Cons

Very bad management that do not understand anything, pay is low, very little benefits, work desks & computers are old

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you know everything. Work with employees instead of controlling them

Oct 21, 2014 – General Manager

Being around since 1986 does mean we do collect a lot of historic relics, especially in the computer world. None the less, all good things must pass. We will look into updating the office as a ... More

Decent Job

I worked at Antec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back work environment that values creative thinking and provides opportunity for growth into various roles. there are plenty of resources to utilize when you have a question. Really friendly staff.

Cons

Sometimes you will get stuck in a day to day routine. The work can be repetitive but there is also opportunity to develop new skills here and there. Its tough to get in for a decent salary though.

Assistant

Former Employee - Administrator in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Administrator in Fremont, CA

I worked at Antec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and funny coworkers

Cons

Very unfriendly and unfunny managers

Advice to Management

Get a sense of humor

RSS Feed </> Embed