Antech Diagnotics Reviews

Bob Antin

1. Laboratory Technician

Former Employee - Lab Taechnician in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Lab Taechnician in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Antech Diagnotics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have very good equipment to work with analyzing specimens. There is also very good assistance from senior staff.

Cons

There is too much emphasis on quota performance. There is no team work from other coworkers as they are trying to meet their quota.

Advice to Management

Don't put too much pressure on employees meeting quota esp. if there are circumstances that inhibit receiving more specimens for work.

2. Lead tech

Pros

Not too many pro work for this company I would she the pro would be vet discount.

Cons

Bad management, no respect for hard work lacks leadership

Advice to Management

Treat employees better show more respect reward hard work.

3. Upper Management needs to go

I worked at Antech Diagnotics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work environment - able to thrive when you have a good work ethic

Cons

Goals were a joke- the better you did, the higher they'd set them. So if you were not doing well, you were lucky and had a means to make more.

Advice to Management

Quit playing favorites and focus on the business

5. Tech II

Current Employee - Tech II in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tech II in New York, NY

I have been working at Antech Diagnotics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Organized, Good environment, less work load, Good salary

Cons

Mainly night work, A lot of machines to work with.

6. A good job for new college graduates with good benefits but only night shift positions available.

Current Employee - Parasitology Technician
    Current Employee - Parasitology Technician

I have been working at Antech Diagnotics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a high workload so it is common to run into overtime everyday which helps in the overall paycheck.

Cons

Only night shift positions are available. It is uncommon or technicians to cross-train in other departments. Many employee positions change frequently including management. Days off are never back to back.

Every Day Trying To Fit 10 Hours Work In An 8 Hour Day - No Work/Life Balance, Vacations Denied, No Breaks Ever

Current Employee - Laboratory Generalist II
    Current Employee - Laboratory Generalist II

I have been working at Antech Diagnotics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Two hours per day, I actually do the work that I thought I was hired to perform - hematology, chemistry, coagulation tests and urinalysis. I enjoy working with some of the professional employees and learn from their expertise.

Cons

There is no work/life balance here at all. The work is grueling as I spend an average of 3 hours per day STANDING in one place typing (accessioning) as fast as I can. The turnover rate is apparently very high and the pay is below average. Vacation requests are denied for no good reason. The Employee Handbook states that two 10 minute breaks are permitted per day yet I have never been offered a break by the "supervisor" in a year and a half. The work is not managed. The deadlines are unrealistic. Training consists of the "supervisor" stating "go faster." I'm not joking.

Advice to Management

There is no management at all in my location. Management is several states away in New York and in California?

8. Good company to work for until the current president of this division took over.

I worked at Antech Diagnotics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great discounts at VCA Animal Hospitals for your Pet Care - Very relaxed worked environment - Casual Dress code for non-customer facing roles - Some Managers deserve their roles and are very professional

Cons

- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits were not as great. Cost increases seems to be more than normal but expected everywhere else. - Pay seems low compared to Fair Market Value of your position - Some people seems to be able to get away with not performing well and get to keep their jobs - Lots of politics like every other job but this place seems more like little kids at school - Most managers are clueless because the "president" of the company put them in their positions for their managerial skill and not their knowledge of the job/department they are supposed to be managing. - No training budget EVER. - Morale is almost always low

Advice to Management

New management in most of the departments.

9. horrible

Pros

no pros at all working here

Cons

temp, low pay, lies, work for free("volunteer" after your shift has ended)

This isn't a place for qualified individuals

Pros

Good pet benefit discounts. (Not for people, though.)

Cons

If you're college-educated, don't go here. It pays well below industry standard for your education level. If you don't have a degree, it pays well. I was pricked with a needle (not my doing) and I had to pay for my own blood testing to make sure I didn't catch anything. It's just... wrong. After I left, I received a bill for discounted services I had obtained while working there. Yes, that's right. I was working there and received a good discount, I found something better a few months later, then they sent me a bill for the value of what the service discount was.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with the same dignity you treat your pets.

11. Antech Diagnostics is a great place to work

Former Employee - Client Services/Consult Agent in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services/Consult Agent in Irvine, CA

I worked at Antech Diagnotics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Antech is a company that has a heart. They honestly do their best to make the customer happy. As an employee you are generally treated fairly and yet still held to a high standard. Supervisors are great and work with you as mentors to help you be your best. Overall a good experience.

Cons

I don't think you really get paid enough for the difficulty of the higher level jobs.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed