Antelope Valley Hospital

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Central Processing Manager  in  Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Central Processing Manager in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Antelope Valley Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent people. Excellent salary and benefits.

Cons

Left AVH due to lay-off's.

The staff is Awesome!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Antelope Valley Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This hospital allowed me to start of my nursing career with them. They have great mentors and managers. One of the best hospitals I have been with.

Cons

The location is not very good. Lancaster is a very hot place. Nothing negative to say about this hospital. The only reason I left was due to moving to a new city.

Great job!

Not an easy work environment

Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist  in  Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Antelope Valley Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have a reasonably good clinical pharmacy program.

Cons

There is a lot of cattiness and talking behind people's back occurring. The present Pharmacy Director has made a concerted effort to stem this. However, the nastiness is pervasive and hard to quench. Working at AV Hospital, therefore, is difficult owing to the negative work environment in the pharmacy department.

Do not reward negative behavior such as gossiping. Try and reward people for positive helpful behavior.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmacist

Former Employee - Pharmacist  in  Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Antelope Valley Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have some good programs in the Department of Pharmacy, and integrate all pharmacists into a mixed roll of clinical and distribution, which makes working there interesting and diverse

Cons

Management is not always supportive. There tends to be a catty environment, with a lot of gossiping and back-biting, which for the most part was left unchecked. Management, however, started cracking down on unprofessional behavior during last few months of my employ.

Try more positive reinforcement of employees.

The experience is poor b/c of an unsupportive upper management and understaffed and overworked nurses.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at Antelope Valley Hospital

Pros

To obtain RN experience within a diverse population of patients. Work here if you really don't have an option due to the economy.

Cons

Understaffed, lack of relief nurses (too many interrupted lunch breaks and very late lunches as a result of this), poor support from upper management, lack of praise for accomplishments from upper management

We need more nurse techs and relief nurses--so we don't pass out from starvation and exhaustion. Much better support from upper management is necessary to increase work morale. If this doesn't change, more nurses will end up leaving.

Very discouraging.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at Antelope Valley Hospital

Pros

Flexible hours and shifts, good health and dental benefits offered.

Cons

Non positive environment, very little opportunity for growth.

Great Company to work for.

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Antelope Valley Hospital

Pros

I love the unions, however, being on the outside looking in there needs to be more of a balance with wanting employees to be respected and treated will as well as employees giving back to the company what they are given.

Cons

HR nees to back disciplinary actions takem by the management team especially when all the documentation is there. Dont be afraid of the union when we are in the right. Our economy is full of people who would appreciate what they have if hired at AVH, yet many positions are filled with employees who don't care and have no problem showing they don't care.

Just keep trying to work with HR to get rid of the people that don't want to be there. This is a great place to work and should be filled with people who want to work. The moral would be so much better if it didn't have top performers getting the same perks as the ones that just show up.

Worked for Antelope Valley Hospital? Contribute to the Community!