Anthem Media Group

www.thisisamg.com

Anthem Media Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Brian Weaver

Great place to work, learn and grow

Publisher (Current Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsI've been with Anthem for almost 2 years. I love that I am able to contribute to success, and have the room to learn and grow from the challenges. I'm able to be creative in every aspect of my position. There's no dwelling on mistakes, just moving forward toward success. I am challenged to excel.

I enjoy the people I work with and love the flexibility to work from home when I choose to. No clock watching. The health and vacation benefit offerings are excellent.

ConsThis is a fast-paced business. You have to make sure to take time off to maintain a good work/life balance.

Great Place to Work!

Accounting (Current Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsLove working here. It's such a comfortable laid back atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and a joy to be around. Having the ability to work from home whenever you need to has come in handy so many times. VERY nice option. Everyone really cares about this company and everyone is involved. We are a family.

ConsI can't think of ANY cons.

My experience has been very positive.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsAnthem has the resources and core leadership of an established company, with the flexibility and innovation you'd find in a startup culture. When I took the job, I expected it to be mundane and temporary, but it's morphed into a really good fit for me.

ConsThe flexibility can be a con if you don't like change (I do, personally). Needing to adapt keeps you sharp, but it's definitely not an environment conducive for "coasting."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Anthem... A nice place to work.

ProsFlexibility, good pay, friendly people that care about their brands/responsibilities.

ConsSome communication breakdowns as we all have a lot on our plate.

Autonomy & Flexibility Keep Me Happy!

ProsI enjoy my daily work -- it's creative, interesting, challenging, and I am always learning something new. I appreciate the fact that I am valued for my abilities to spearhead and execute projects autonomously. My supervisor and upper management seem to appreciate my talents and allow me the freedom to realize some very creative projects. In addition, work/life balance at this company is really important and not just a 'buzz" phrase. As long as you get the work done, no one is looking over your shoulder and no one questions non-traditional work hours if that's your preference or if you need the flexibility.

ConsI do think that for some people working from home can be a negative. I enjoy it, but for a number of reasons, it is not the ideal fit for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a 401k match -- even if it's modest/nominal. It will boost morale and employee loyalty! ...In a time when other companies are still NOT providing it, you have a chance to be generous to your people -- that's a leadership move that will be respected by the rank and file!

Anthem Media Group HR Director responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you for the feedback! I am actively working on getting a 401k match into place for 2015. We plan to communicate the details of the match during Open Enrollment this year.

Anthem Media Group

Creative Team Member (Current Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsI'm having a lot of fun working with both the creative and marketing team. With the scope of companies Anthem works with, there are opportunities every day to build your portfolio, network, and work on projects that are awesome resume builders. A nice feature is that you can work remotely. As long as you keep in contact with your team and supervisor, you can make your own work hours/pace.

ConsI've been working here for less than a year, and have not discovered any major cons yet. Work-life balance is good so far.

Rad Coworkers, Awesome Office, and Exciting Projects

ProsI feel like my ideas and creative strategies are really valued here. The scope, size, and variety of projects makes coming to work fun and never, seriously never, boring. The atmosphere is laid back and cool (how could it not be since the office is a loft?) and the people I work with on a daily basis are some of the most creative and hardworking people I've met.

ConsIt might seem ridiculous, but I have yet to discover any cons of working here. People who truly enjoy their work make good coworkers and management.

TRAIN WRECK

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsTHE OFFICE is the only nice thing about this company and a few people make is bearable, but for the most part nothing is really nice here.

ConsBAD BAD management, organization, the owner, high turn over rate, no team work, and the WORST PAY ever. Good place for an entry level anything to get a foot in the door and build a quick resume. If you can live through this place you can work anywhere. There are several companies under Anthem, be prepared to work for all of them when one team is "between employees", which is at least once a month, for all 5 companies. Not great benefits that are pretty expensive, and if you are leaving even with two weeks notice, be prepared to say good bye to any PTO you have earned while you worked there, so take it all and say GOODBYE!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees like real people. Consider paying people the standard rate of pay for that position, and maybe people would deal a little better with being treated poorly and over worked.

A Terrible Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are great people that work at Anthem, however the management is very bad, and semi corrupt.

ConsManagement is corrupt. The company does not take care of their employees. Pay is bad, hours are bad, and managers are rude. Especially the CEO Brian Weaver. The problems at that company start from the top, which is why turnover rates are so terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and value them more.

Great for building a portfolio. Terrible for your life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsBuild up portfolio very quickly. Neat office space. Interesting events. The best part of working for Anthem was that I was able to fill up my portfolio with quality pieces, so I could find a better job at a better company.

ConsOverworked, poor management, minimal training, not many opportunities to advance your career within the company, work-life balance is practically non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect and as if you want them to be there, offer advice/mentoring so employees can perform better (and not just in reviews), if you find an employee to be valuable--TELL THEM. At the time I worked at Anthem, when I gave my notice, management scrambled to make me a better offer to stay--it was too little too late.

Worked for Anthem Media Group? Contribute to the Community!