Anthem Media Group

Anthem Media Group Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Brian Weaver

Anthem Media Group

Creative Team Member (Current Employee)
    Leawood, KS

ProsI'm having a lot of fun working with both the creative and marketing team. With the scope of companies Anthem works with, there are opportunities every day to build your portfolio, network, and work on projects that are awesome resume builders. A nice feature is that you can work remotely. As long as you keep in contact with your team and supervisor, you can make your own work hours/pace.

ConsI've been working here for less than a year, and have not discovered any major cons yet. Work-life balance is good so far.

Rad Coworkers, Awesome Office, and Exciting Projects

ProsI feel like my ideas and creative strategies are really valued here. The scope, size, and variety of projects makes coming to work fun and never, seriously never, boring. The atmosphere is laid back and cool (how could it not be since the office is a loft?) and the people I work with on a daily basis are some of the most creative and hardworking people I've met.

ConsIt might seem ridiculous, but I have yet to discover any cons of working here. People who truly enjoy their work make good coworkers and management.

TRAIN WRECK

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsTHE OFFICE is the only nice thing about this company and a few people make is bearable, but for the most part nothing is really nice here.

ConsBAD BAD management, organization, the owner, high turn over rate, no team work, and the WORST PAY ever. Good place for an entry level anything to get a foot in the door and build a quick resume. If you can live through this place you can work anywhere. There are several companies under Anthem, be prepared to work for all of them when one team is "between employees", which is at least once a month, for all 5 companies. Not great benefits that are pretty expensive, and if you are leaving even with two weeks notice, be prepared to say good bye to any PTO you have earned while you worked there, so take it all and say GOODBYE!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees like real people. Consider paying people the standard rate of pay for that position, and maybe people would deal a little better with being treated poorly and over worked.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Terrible Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are great people that work at Anthem, however the management is very bad, and semi corrupt.

ConsManagement is corrupt. The company does not take care of their employees. Pay is bad, hours are bad, and managers are rude. Especially the CEO Brian Weaver. The problems at that company start from the top, which is why turnover rates are so terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and value them more.

Great for building a portfolio. Terrible for your life.

Overland Park, KS

ProsBuild up portfolio very quickly. Neat office space. Interesting events. The best part of working for Anthem was that I was able to fill up my portfolio with quality pieces, so I could find a better job at a better company.

ConsOverworked, poor management, minimal training, not many opportunities to advance your career within the company, work-life balance is practically non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect and as if you want them to be there, offer advice/mentoring so employees can perform better (and not just in reviews), if you find an employee to be valuable--TELL THEM. At the time I worked at Anthem, when I gave my notice, management scrambled to make me a better offer to stay--it was too little too late.

Run away

Graphic Designer (Current Employee)
    Kansas City, KS

ProsCan help build a portfolio for an entry level worker.

Conssalary, hours, management style.

You're treated like an easily replaceable tool to building the owners bank account. You'll work insanely hard under tyrannical conditions for awful pay and no gratitude.

Fa├žade and Fraud

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsThe only positive is the aesthetics of the office which is superficial and moot if you don't have a real company to support it.

ConsIf you have ever seen the show American Greed, this is exactly what I can recount of my experience at anthem media group.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a spine and quit supporting this fraud of a company.

Anthem Media

Employee (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsFun environment. Co-workers are nice.

ConsHigh turn over makes it difficult to maintain continuity.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in keeping emplyees

An extremely unpleasant place to work - I dreaded going there every day

President (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

Pros-Casual environment
    -Networking opportunities through KC Magazine

Cons-A culture of dishonesty and corner cutting.
    -A generally unpleasant work environment on many levels. Employees are motivated by fear more than anything else - they walk around on eggshells to avoid the CEO's frequent angry tantrums.
    -Extremely shady underpinnings: The business is tied to controversial payday lenders and there's a sea of sub-entities incorporated in Nevada, all with the purpose of avoiding scrutiny.
    -The business is in poor financial shape. They have abysmal credit, a filthy D&B report and consistently pay vendors and contractors late.
    -Poor pay, leading to unqualified hires, leading to very high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe hiring of a COO with the necessary skill set was a good step, now go a step further and replace the rest of the C level staff. Appoint a board and hire someone with the skill set and emotional intelligence necessary to lead the organization. Build a culture of integrity, not one of fear.

Great place to cut your teeth, not a good place for growing roots.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice-ish office. Location wasn't bad, only a block off of the interstate.

ConsAnthem has a special super-secret division dedicated to obfuscating anything bad on the internet, so I'm fairly sure they'll use some shady spam tactics to hide this review, but it needs to be written nonetheless.

A complete lack of real leadership or vision meaning a frustrating work day for anyone that wants to perform well. Instead of projects there are regular "schemes" devised to try and make money without any real investment of time or resources, resulting in a lot of busy work with no definition of what success means. Abysmal administrative functions with high turnover, meaning late paychecks, a mix and match of IT infrastructure (my desktop was old, slow and often unusable) and a general atmosphere of penny pinching. Add a volatile CEO and you've got a culture of finger pointing and CYA, which is a pretty miserable way to spend one's day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more integrity? Invest more in your employees and product? I'm not sure advice will fix Anthem's problems - their failings are entirely rooted in the personal ethics of upper management.

Worked for Anthem Media Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anthem Media Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Anthem Media Group CEO Brian Weaver. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Anthem Media Group employees.