Anthem Worldwide

David A. Schawk

New leadership, new vision

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Anthem Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small agency atmosphere promotes collaboration, organic idea generation. Casual work environment, good work-life balance.

Cons

Smaller office means you need to create opportunities for yourself within the accounts. A hangover from previous management/acquisitions sometimes creeps in, but for the most part, it is a growing office with lots of potential.

Keep the growth and momentum, continue to challenge the status quo

Unprofessional...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Anthem Worldwide as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Cool, laid back office vibe and good company benefits.

Cons

The company is not upfront with a lot of things both to their employees and their clients. They source out their production overseas and lie about it. Management does not give feedback when they need to and does not take accountability for their decisions. Instead, they will blame and cut lose their employees when company is not doing well financially.

Be fair and be honest.

Room for improvement

I worked at Anthem Worldwide

Pros

Coworkers are nice people, it's a cool office, there's always a lot of food to sample, you are working on well known brands.

Cons

It is unfortunately a very corporate environment. Salaries can be very stagnant and reviews are less frequent than they should be.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Benefits of large company but operates like a start up, with all the pros and cons of each

Former Employee - Senior Designer
    Former Employee - Senior Designer

I worked at Anthem Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Anthem is held by Schawk, which is a large public company. For an employee, this means benefits like good healthcare coverage, dental coverage, and 401k. The NYC studio itself is nice, and there is an overall sense of a start-up-like mentality, even though it's owned by a larger company.

Cons

Since it operates like a start-up, deadlines are tight and designers are expected to work overtime. However, since it's not actually a start-up, there is no sense that there is a reward for all the time put in (and, in fact, there isn't, in the end). Also, on the design end, there is an overall "factory" mentality in which the designers are simply expected to produce, produce, produce without ever really being part of the overall team, and their opinions/concerns expressed to management tend fall on deaf ears. This leads to many disgruntled, burned out employees who are eventually forced to leave. In addition, the pay is low, and only ten days of vacation.

Empower your employees, especially the designers. Listen to them and let them be part of the team. Reward them for a job well done or for overtime, either with increased pay/promotion or more vacation. Otherwise, they will burn out and leave.

Anthem

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Anthem Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, many long term careers. Work from home opportunities.

Cons

Direct Management was not the best.

Listen more to the associate feedback.

good

Former Employee - Sales  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Anthem Worldwide

Pros

very good place to work, better than most

Cons

Big has it downside - can be slow to change or respond

Terrible Management Happens To Good People

Current Employee - Can't Say, the Office Is Too Small (but Not Senior Management Clearly)  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Can't Say, the Office Is Too Small (but Not Senior Management Clearly) in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Anthem Worldwide

Pros

Your coworkers are very talented great people. They're fun to work with and spend time with outside of work.

Cons

The management is terrible. They only seek to further their own interests (at the expense of employees and the company).
    The benefits are pretty bad too, we are owned by a huge corporation and have so-so health insurance, 10 days off a year, 5 sick days, only the really big holidays, NO BONUS, and during our annual reviews were told that was not the time to discuss raises

The reason people are quitting is your terrible leadership. Employees are people, not just tools for you, you need to treat us with respect and consideration. The reason we aren't making more money is you're not providing the resources we need and you're wasting our money on an MD who doesn't contribute anything, two creative directors who never have time for anyone (with 7 designers do we need 2?), and a studio manager you've turned into an office manager/secret police.
    You have a pool of talented hard working people and you have no appreciation for them.

Dean

I have been working at Anthem Worldwide

Pros

Great working with the students.

Cons

Management was a joke. They didn't care about the employees at all.

Learn some people skills.

A slowly sinking ship

I have been working at Anthem Worldwide

Pros

- wages are ok- opw is nice. Benefits are OK, but getting worse every year that goes by.

Cons

many too many unqualified base management!!!_ employee surveys taken yearly, yield NO appreciative changes, furthermore, they don't tell you the TRUTH, about the survey RESULTS, either..
    They may briefly reference it, but pretty much blow it off, relative to letting the employees know the TRUE responses. Poor training of new hires. as most have virtually NO experience, and are stupid once they are on the floor. Sorry to be so blunt, because it's not their fault, it's poor training from those who know nothing.

It's hopeless, as will only fall on deaf ears, as always.

Good place to work. Excellent co-workers Good benefits

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Anthem Worldwide

Pros

Good place to work. Excellent co-workers Good benefits

Cons

Tend to reorganize each year

Worked for Anthem Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!