Anthropologie

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
3.3

David W. McCreight

Pros
  • Great discount considering you are not required to wear the clothing at work (in 84 reviews)

• Employee Discount was great and the work environment smelled nice with all the candles (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • On- Call Shifts ** This is perhaps one of my biggest gripes with Anthropologie (in 66 reviews)

• If you are looking for anything beyond part time work I would give it a miss (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Senior Sales Associate

I have been working at Anthropologie

Pros

Fun environment to work, move around every hour to a different "station" so time passes fast, usually great people with great personalities so you can make a lot of friends

Cons

Not the greatest pay and sometimes hours are way longer than expected, not paid for lunch breaks

Sales Associate

I worked at Anthropologie

Pros

Great environment and a lot of room to grow.

Cons

Unpredictable hours and very low hours after the holiday season.

Great place for part time work

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Anthropologie part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fair compensation; not commission based which puts less pressure on you. Great community of people, many of which have been with the company for years and years.

Cons

Can be kind of a grind, hours are not always ideal. They sometimes prioritize someones look when hiring over hard skills.

More thoughtful hiring

An Exceptional Company with great atmosphere and benefits

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate

I worked at Anthropologie full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked on both sales and visuals, I can say there is a camaraderie across the board that is unprecedented to any other retail environment. When they say it is an Anthro "culture" it is totally true, a whole store of individuals who share a lot of your tastes, hobbies, interests, etc, which makes coming to work not feel like work. Because it is under the URBN corp too, the benefits are incredible!

Cons

Slightly lower pay than competitors

An open door policy is always nice, and while it can be difficult, stay out of the "politics"

Empowering, aesthetically nurturing work environment!

Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Anthropologie part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You learn a ton about designers, fits, and styling techniques.. and you get to use what you learn to continue improving your own personal style. The employee discount is AMAZING and your life and closet will become so much more beautiful! The people who work here are pretty cool, as it attracts a creative, people-oriented, and open-minded crowd. They rotate your jobs during the day so you typically don't get stuck in one place all day. They ask you what you enjoy the most and try to accommodate your work day around it. You have meetings every opening and closing time and feel really in the loop and on the same page. Management wants you to succeed, and they don't treat you as lower than them!

Cons

Because it's high-end fashion and we're capable of doing almost anything for our customer, the clientele can be really demanding and entitled sometimes. There were times I had to step off of the floor and regain composure for a while, because some people were so incredibly rude. But, management always supports the associates and had our back!

lovely

I have been working at Anthropologie

Pros

Lovely store, fun co-workers, amazing discount!

Cons

decent pay, on-call shifts, flooring is all wood so wear good shoes.

Worth it for the discount!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Anthropologie

Pros

Not a bad part-time job. I've always been a fan of the clothes and home goods, so working there was worth it for the discount on those items. I had great co-workers, too.

Cons

Pay was only OK; I made about $12/hr. after working there almost 3 years. Closing down the store during the holidays can be quite an ordeal.

The word among staff is that current employees rarely get hired for jobs at home office. I would think hiring from within would be a good move for the company.

Sales Asociate

I have been working at Anthropologie

Pros

Beautiful store, incredible co-workers, great discount, and fun store activities. This was the perfect part time job while I was in school.

Cons

Exhausting if you're trying to work here part time and work full time at another job. You constantly need to be "on" and ready to be conversational (which for some is not a con), this is just a forewarning for some that may think this is an easy job to just past time time. This job requires high energy and enthusiasm!

Great Part-time job

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Anthropologie part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a company that for the most part values its employees. The management of the Little Rock location are very down-to-earth and considerate of their employees

Cons

While they have systems in place to thoroughly train all employees, they are not followed. Often times I was left to learn things on the fly.

Make sure everyone in upper management knows how to lead people authentically.

Loved working here, everyone is so welcoming and dedicated to making you feel comfortable and prepared.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Anthropologie part-time

Pros

wage is decent, people are happy and caring and very flexible with hours.

Cons

not always the best at communicating or responding to requests in a timely manner

Just keep creating a great learning environment that encourages communication amongst employees and management.

Anthropologie Photos