Anthropologie

www.anthropologie.com

Anthropologie Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

David W. McCreight

Pros
  • Great discount considering you are not required to wear the clothing at work(in 66 reviews)

• Employee Discount was great and the work environment smelled nice with all the candles(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • All associates are scheduled for multiple on-call shifts per week--no matter the season(in 60 reviews)

• If you are looking for anything beyond part time work I would give it a miss(in 27 reviews)

Great experience!

Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe people, discount and overall atmosphere

ConsLate night closing shifts and just working in the retail world in general

Great experience with this company

Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) Huntington, NY

ProsEasy going managers, happy environment, something new everyday

ConsLate night closing shifts are not the greatest

On the better side of retail

Visual Sales Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe time and effort put into visuals makes working for Anthropologie very interesting and sets them apart from other retailers, even sales associates get involved with little crafts and projects.

ConsAs a VSA sometimes you are doing as much as, if not more than, the Display Coordinator but getting paid significantly less. Considering this position means you not only need to have specific creative skills and knowledge you also must understand how to oversee the sales floor as well. It's a lot of responsibility without much pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways encourage your employees to grow. If they don't believe they are going to get anywhere in the company they won't make the effort. Always lookout for people with special skills and help them to develop those skills.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I learned a lot from this company.

Apparel Department Manager (Former Employee) Birmingham, MI

ProsGreat aesthetic, awesome benefits, good discount, opportunity for growth, constantly evolving and learning.

ConsAs a manager, it can be a bit demanding, making it difficult to sometimes have a life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your managers a bit more flexible schedule.

Great experience! Lovely company, lovely clothes and lovely people.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsBeautiful clothes
    Wonderful Employees and Management
    Great discount! (40% off clothes, 25% off home and special days where you get items for 60% off!)
    Awesome environment

ConsOdd hours sometimes, and a lot of on call shifts. It does get a little pretentious at times and some customers are kind of snooty, but no real issues with the company or anything themselves.

Creative and Cultural

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAnthropologie and its parent company Urban Outfitters are truly committed to creating an unimagined customer experience, as well as a supportive, creative, and thoughtful work place. You are constantly creatively challenge, without plannograms or company direction. Their benefits packages are great and at the higher management level, you are eligible for bonuses based on sales/payroll performance.

ConsBecause the company is so creatively driven, they lack in current technological systems, that other companies have been utilizing for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think supporting the stores with more payroll could really benefit the bottom line. Creating the culture that thrives at home office, at the store level, takes more support than received!

Creative, Stimulating Work Environment

Management (Current Employee)

Prosgreat product, awesome customer base, creative minds, growing culture, awesome networking, paid holidays, competitive pay, thoughtful appraisals

Consretail hours, limited career options without relocation

Learning Experience

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsGreat Discount and the customers that you meet sometimes are just out-of-this-world-awesome.

ConsNot sure if the discounts are worth it if you don't only shop at Anthro, Urban Outfitters or free people. Also, Closing is the worst, If you are a full-time employee, try to work your way into the opening shifts. Closing shifts can be the worst when you work a full-time job in the morning. I did it and came for closing shifts. Make sure you bring really comfortable shoes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGirls can be super catty, so when you are hiring 18 year olds make sure they are not unprofessional. I've heard girls call other girls terrible names there. I always stay to myself because I really keep work and personal separate, but every girl there is trying to grab attention, so they'll start talking to anyone about how much they hate that one other girl there.

Sale associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLike the company dont like the pay.

ConsFeels a little like high school

I am new, I am try to understand.

Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThe worldwide company marketing strategies and the opening to hire even people without retail experience.

ConsEnvironment in the store, lack in communication process, not enough weekly hours and hourly salary very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance the communication process between managers and other employee.

Worked for Anthropologie? Contribute to the Community!