Anton Paar Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Reinhard Eberl

Growing company, great people, and abundant opportunity - for the right person...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

I have been working at Anton Paar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Anton Paar is a great company with a lot of really dedicated and smart people working there (fun people to work with). The quality of the products are as good or better than many of the top publicly traded analytical instrumentation companies (the products have a market and can be sold). The company is not publicly held, so the company is very committed to decisions that they make (there is job security). The managers are generally good (not micro-managers, good to work for). The rapid growth rate has led to many new openings so there is excellent upward mobility. Overall, the PROs vastly outweigh the CONs.

Cons

The company is experiencing fast growth which leads to growing pains. The ISO 9001 structure has led to a compliance culture. There are many policies that are much more 'efficient' than other companies which, for me, resulted in culture shock.

Advice to Management

The turnover rate is high compared to similar companies. Significant attention needs to be paid to reducing the turnover rate.

2. Great Company

I have been working at Anton Paar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing company with numerous opportunities to excel. Focuses on employees and supplying high quality products to customers. Is a full spectrum organization which performs R&D, Sales, and Support for entire product portfolio.

Cons

Fast paced environment is not a fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen for feedback from employees.

3. Great People, Great Instruments

I have been working at Anton Paar full-time

Pros

Intelligent, talented and driven team of professionals, Excellent growth potential, Supportive environment with respect to home life / work balance, Industry-leading products, Good healthcare benefits

Cons

Typical 'growing pains' associated with a fast growing company

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing career paths and opportunities at all levels within the organization, re-evaluate hiring, training and employee retention policies and programs

5. Fast paced exciting and rewarding environment

I have been working at Anton Paar full-time

Pros

Company makes great products and stands behind their products willing to do the right thing for the customer regardless of cost. The company invest heavily in engineering, employee benefits, and facilities. Private company with good growth every year, which provides for new opportunities and good job security.

Cons

Culture takes adjustment for most new hires because of Austrian ownership. Not bad, just different. All manufacturing and product development is overseas. Communication with head office can be challenging at times due to time difference. Would be nice to have products also developed and manufactured in US.

Advice to Management

Enjoy the open door policy by management. Maintain the relatively flat structure as company grows, and keep investing in new products and personnel development.

6. Truly great instruments, great people

Current Employee - Technical Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Representative

I have been working at Anton Paar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a great benefits package, and I feel like a valued and cared for employee. As Anton Paar USA is fairly small (150 employees) you get to know most people and everyone is willing to help if you ask. The fact that it's owned by a non profit (Santner Foundation) gives a greater sense of purpose as not everything is about profits. Travel is about 50% of your time, which can be fun and exciting or tiring, just depending on your personality/mood and where you are in your life (i.e. single, married, kids). The flexible schedule allows a great work-life balance, as long as you manage your time well and get your work done. The instruments are truly top of the line, and are a pleasure to learn about and sell.

Cons

My main complaints are about poor internal communication- because the company is so small, you have to know/meet the right people which can be difficult at first; working in the field doesn't help with this. There's also sometimes a disconnect between decisions made by upper management (within AP USA, but also between Anton Paar GMBH and AP USA)- there's not always a conversation with employees and a unilateral decision is just announced. The software used for CRM is also a bit outdated and a hassle to work with, but you just have to suck it up because no one can fix it or change it.

Advice to Management

Have more open discussions with employees and update/modernize CRM

7. Best job experience of my career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

I have been working at Anton Paar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I guess everyone sees it a bit different, but most important for me is to be able to identify with the products and values of my employer. Actually that was the reason why I left companies before, even if career paths were there. Also a big pro for me are the numerous concrete opportunities to learn and grow as a professional. The company is constantly growing. I like the job security and the chances to develop a career that come with it. Leadership is down to earth and not only has an open door policy, but also lives it - walks the walk. I never had that before. Coworkers are passionate and ALWAYS help each other out. No back stabbing! My family is covered under a strong insurance plan. I like it!

Cons

I think you really gotta like learning to enjoy keeping up with this fast paced environment. If you look for a 9-5 routine, it's not the best place to be. The company has European roots, so the communication culture tends to be direct. Not everybody likes that.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the pragmatic, result oriented mindset. It's easy to know where you stand and if you do a good job or how you can improve otherwise. Forward thinking. Encourages growth and development.

Good company badly run

Former Employee - Field Service
    Former Employee - Field Service

I worked at Anton Paar full-time

Pros

Great products and some very good people working at the company. Support for field staff varies from very good to poor, depending on product and/or staffing levels. Company has been very stable in recent years, good job security.

Cons

1.) Salaries are very poor, particularly for field staff. 2.) Management is vindictive, petty, arbitrary and capricious. Basically, the USA branch of AP is run as a dictatorship, with all decisions, whether valid/reasonable or not, final and not open to debate. What the CEO says goes, and no dissent is brooked. Employees are "punished" by having bonuses withheld, or blacklisted. A climate of fear seems to be the operating model. 3.) There is a weird obsession with head-count, to the point where current employees are underpaid in an effort to expand staffing levels, whether necessary or not. The company has staffing goals set for the end of the year. Company profits (very high in recent years) go into "empire-building" rather than rewarding the employees responsible for that success.

Advice to Management

Democracy rather than dictatorship.

Mar 16, 2015 – Director of Service

Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you find an organization which is a better fit for you. While I do disagree with many of the "con" statements, I will accept these as feedback of a ... More

Excellent opportunities in a growing company

I have been working at Anton Paar full-time

Pros

The company is in growth mode. They are expanding and new and exciting opportunities continue to arise. With a broad industry base and management with foresight, this company will be going places.

Cons

All companies have their issues at times, Anton Paar is no exception. However, the potential within this company outweigh any minor cons which you would find with any company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep investing in the company!

10. Description

I have been working at Anton Paar

Pros

Great company, great products, good people, job security

Cons

pay, company morale, support, and constant hiring when not needed

Advice to Management

N/A

Jan 12, 2015 – Director of Service

Thank you for your post and positive company review. Since it indicates that you are a current employee, I would ask that you reach out to Mr. Eberl to provide direct feedback on where we, as a ... More

nightmare

Former Employee - Field in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Field in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Anton Paar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you will get a paycheck nothing more

Cons

travel,travel,travel,travel...did i said travel?.a very clickish environment

Apr 3, 2014 – Director of Service

I am truly sorry that Anton Paar did not work out for you as a company. During the interview and hiring process we strive to make sure that every candidate understands the travel requirements ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed