Aon Hewitt

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool

Kristi Savacool

51 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to learn from

Client Specialist (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsLarge company, many location to chose from

ConsSlow growth, a lot of politics and red tape

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter succession plans

New to Aon Hewitt-Orlando!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsPleasant work environment with lots of natural beauty on the property, good and detailed training, full and excellent benefits, very secure building, and friendly and helpful co-workers : )

ConsBe prepared to learn a lot everyday. If the computer system ever goes down (you're SOL until it comes back up) and you must keep up with somewhat high expectations and criteria to get bonus and/or promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, I really like this company and think everything is run really well. I guess the only thing I would say is that the attendance policy (timing adherence) can be pretty tough and there is a possibility that you will be moved around from your original department, which would stink if you really enjoyed it in that department.

The internship program will get you used to working in a professional setting.

Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsThe people are very friendly and are willing to help you if you need it. If you show any type of self initiative they will love you and most likely offer you a full time position (thats what internships are usually for). If this is your first time working in an office setting it is a great learning experience. It is also a great resume booster because Aon is a well known international company. It's kinda like the movie Office Space but more relaxed.

ConsIt is a VERY large company and you can get lost in the chain if you are not careful. The industry itself is a dull industry to be in. It's not HR, it is benefits management. Since the company has been around for a long time, different rules apply to different clients/companies and it can confuse you even though you have been there for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining doesn't help you very much. I would start by focusing on the big picture and work your way down the chain all the way to the interns.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible middle management!

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsThe pay, some of the benefits

ConsPoor team Leads, they are too busy trying to advance and not really understanding what you are asking them.The one in Orlando Fl, has a lot of Ghetto un professional managers and team leads, poor leadership skills, they are huge on having cliques, and helping only their friends and family. Barely team morale, not really big on team players. They dress and act very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management, train your managers better, and make sure you are having weekly huddles to make sure things are going as planned.

Good company with many opportunities

Orlando, FL

ProsThe atmosphere at Aon is generally laid back. The fellow colleagues are easy to get along with and there is an onsite cafeteria.

ConsDepending upon the servicer, you aren't able to receive phone calls due to the lack of cell phone signal.

3 years and nothing to show for it.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsTraining is provided. Briefly.Team Leaders act like you are bothering them. Which you are. You can ask more senior reps for help because they have to help you as it is built into their reviews. But then as a senior rep you get poor evaluations for helping others because your AHT will not be acceptable or your WORK time will be 1 second over the goal. I was very disappointed when my supervisor was changed and I was assigned to someone who doesn't work well with people. Management could care less because they are all trying to figure out how to get ahead and out of their current jobs.

ConsVery complex issues to learn in short period of time. No advancement.Pay raises raises went away so they could hire people at lower pay that had no clue what they are doing. But that is just business these days.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I saw.

Great People and Culture

Lead Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

Pros- People
    - Flexibility with work schedule

Cons- Work/life balance
    - Pay
    - Lack of domain training
    - Low employee engagement
    - Leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on education and retention of both colleagues and clients.

Good Company to work for. Make sure you connect with the right individuals.

Retirement Specialist (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGood pay and benefits.

ConsVery little concern for the individual.

Hard work and dedication are not appreciated

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsDecent pay. Benefits and 401(k) match. Good training opportunities. I learnt a lot about Health and Welfare benefits as well as pensions and 401(k).

ConsIt's very hard to get ahead. Unless you have someone pulling strings for you, you're not getting promoted no matter how hard you work or how well you do your job. Most employee recognition programs have been stopped. No flexibility with work schedule for customer service reps.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward/promote those who put in the effort to excel. Bring back some incentives for your employees. Allow more flexibility in scheduling.

Great place to work, min development and below average compensation

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat flexibility
    Able to work remotely
    Great teamwork

ConsProprietary Software
    Dated technology
    Below average compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementStart investing in technology and your employees

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon Hewitt reviews and ratings in Orlando, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool. All 51 reviews posted anonymously by Aon Hewitt employees.