Aon Hewitt

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.0 1,076 reviews

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool

Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance (in 155 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule where you can work from home or remotely (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a bit of concern at times (in 60 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights
1,076 Employee Reviews

I love working for this company; it has been a great experience for me.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsThere are many opportunities for growth.

ConsYou are required to be in your current position for a minimum of one year before being able to apply for other roles within the company.

Large company trying to do the right thing

Communication (Former Employee) Lincolnshire, IL

ProsBroad range of interesting clients and industries, so that makes working for Aon Hewitt Interesting. Pretty good attempt by company culture to do the right thing. There are some really good people here who maintain good working relationships under challenging situations.

ConsTime requirements and demands can be challenging, sometimes lack of communication can be frustrating. Lack of ability to push business solutions that benefit clients are often hindered by slow company processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage independence and ability to fail when stretching for performance improvements. More flexibility negotiating contracts for outside vendors would be helpful.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsFlexibility and very multi culture envirnoment

ConsHigh turnover, benefits are pretty high

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunities to take hold and grow your career!

ProsGreat work life balance and the executive leadership really cares about the employee experience.

ConsChange management could be handled in a better way in some organizations.

A great team oriented atmosphere!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lincolnshire, IL

ProsEveryone on the team helped one another no matter what the skill level. All managers and leaders are available for resource during the shift time. There are no limits to the amount of sources to study or tap into in the company.

ConsTemporary position ended too soon, miss working with that team.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever change your positive approach! The personal attention that you show toward everyone is inspiring and reassuring that you want ALL employees to succeed. Keep up that supportive attitude!

Not anonymous

Contractor UI (Former Employee) Lincolnshire, IL

Prosgreat cafeteria at HQ, remote work options

Conssome lack of communication when working remotely, can get lost on conference calls

It was okay.

Setup Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsRelaxed, good work-life balance, decent amount of training

ConsPay's pretty mediocre, age gap is pretty large.

Advice to Senior ManagementMileage may vary depending on what manager you have., Some are good at fostering growth, some arne't.

Overall positive, but extreme cost pressures exist that are driving very lean staffing and and uptick in attrition.

Human Resources Outsourcing Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlexible schedule, open door policy with leadership.

ConsVery low merit increases, if any. Low bonus payouts, especially the last few years. 50 hr/week is the expectation, and little time to devote to personal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to appreciate the value of tenure on the floor, and the cost to replace that level of experience. Often penny wise and pound foolish when it comes to holding on to key talent.

Will not hire enough colleagues to get quality work done

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAllowed me to work from home for many years.

ConsI left after 25 years because I was tired of the growing workload which was already too much to handle. Instead of hiring more people, they drove away my entire group due to being overworked and underpaid and undervalued. Despite meeting and/or exceeding expectations, I received 0% pay increases year after year. It's not worth the stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire quality people in adequate numbers like you used to do before Aon came into the picture.

Very educational, wonderful co-workers, learned a lot but highly stressful and work hours are ridiculous.

CS Team Manager (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsI gained a lot of information on the industry, there was excellent training when the company was Hewitt Associates. Not sure how it is now under Aon. The many people I worked with were awesome and demonstrated integrity.

ConsThe worst part of working here was the 65-70 hour work weeks (no overtime). It's my understanding that this is still the same under Aon. Had hoped they would change this. Would go back to work there if they would hire enough people to do the job!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a lot of people who still need jobs; help the economy and reward your loyal workers by giving them work/life balance. They would like to see their families and actually have enough time to enjoy them.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!