Aon Hewitt Reviews

3.1
1,161 Reviews

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool
Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance (in 155 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule where you can work from home or remotely (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a bit of concern at times (in 60 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Great large corporation, trying to modernize

Former Employee - Requirements Analyst  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Requirements Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, very flexible schedule, great support system in place, no micormanagement

Cons

During Annual Enrollment you will log a ton of hours, go to work, come home eat dinner,and log back in.
    Because AH is the world leader, we use a lot of proprietary systems/software. This doesn't allow employees to learn modern 3rd party software and technology. Company has TOO MANY referenced locations and resource locations. Knowledge is everywhere and it is exhausting to find it all. Pay is below market value

Keep modernizing the firm! Great support to employees keep it up

Good place

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment.Fast pace job
    room for advancement . Great trainers. Could develop a technical support class at times in my opinion.

Where is the love

Cons

promotions is hard to obtain at times. employees tend to be hard to handle.
    Enforced rules and regulations of recreational facilities in order to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
    Organized, lead, and promoted interest in recreational activities such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies

good get it

Love this company!

Current Employee - Benefits Advisor  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are many pros with this company. I have been working there for almost 4 years now and cannot think of a more amazing company. I have grown so much.

Cons

There is really not many cons that I can think of at this time as the company has been very good to me.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Diversity

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is a wide variety of ages, ethnic backgrounds, education and experience. Lots of educational opportunities through Aon University. There are a variety of online courses covering everything from working with technology to business ethics.

Cons

Depending on the practice, you may find yourself with little mentoring. You could find yourself working on a project with little guidance or support.

Lots of positives, but it should be better.

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A lot of flexibility, ability to work remotely for many roles, nice people to work with, and excellent healthcare benefits.

Cons

Salary should be better and a lot of office politics. Also, the salary can range vastly between people in the exact same role with the same time at the company.

BOA

Current Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator
    Current Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator

I have been working at Aon Hewitt as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I find my co-workers are friendly and helpful. They are willing to help answer your questions when you are not entirely sure what you are doing.

Cons

Personally, I find managers are working remotely might not be the best model in building strong relationships with teams that are at different locations.

Collaborative teams, challenging work, leadership oppty, virtual

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Challenging work, interesting, opportunities to advance. Collaborative team, ability to really impact people

Cons

Sr leadership out of touch, workloads are very large, lots of hours

Leadership 2-3 up is out of touch with daily work people are doing. Salary increases need to be looked at for long-term employees to right size against market. They say they are worried about engagement, but they continue to work there people too much and they do not appreciate the work being done. Most people are satisfied with their work only because their immediate manager is good. You have to be self driven in this job.

Not bad at all

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly people

Good manager

Challenging work

Work from home

Good pay

Good benefits

Aon Hewitt gave me a job out of college when nobody else would. For about $10k more a year than anyone else was advertising

Cons

Days can get long. Workloads can get large. A lot of times teams feel like they are understaffed.

Aon Hewitt Review

Current Employee - Pension Case Manager  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Pension Case Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This Company offers Good pay, Great benefits.

Cons

The promotion process is lagging and can be restructured.

Opportunities abound, flexible work environment

Current Employee - Lead Systems Analyst Advanced  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Systems Analyst Advanced in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been at Hewitt, then AonHewitt for over 15 years. There are so many different areas in which you can grow your career, it's up to you on where you want to go. There is an Open Opportunities database for colleagues to see what is currently open, and working with your manager you can work towards the next role progression if that's what you want. There's no lack of work or opportunity.

The work environment is also flexible. Many people work from home at least on an occassional basis. This doesn't work for all roles, like customer service center reps, but for many people it is available.

Cons

The con to so many people working remotely is that new hires don't always get the training they need. Coaching is often done over the phone, which isn't as good as having that person sitting next to you for those random questions. Also due to the large number of people working remotely, the corporate culture suffers, as there isn't that 'water cooler' chatter and other informal communication.

Reward your employees. Pay increases have been stuck around 2% for years, not even keeping up with inflation. If you want to retain talent, reward your performers. Communication has improved over the last several years, keep that up. Find a way to keep the workforce engaged with so many working remotely. Don't take away the ability to work remotely as this is what keeps many people with AonHewitt, but find a way to make the connection between colleagues strong in this type of environment.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!