Aon Hewitt

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.0 1,062 reviews

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool

Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance(in 154 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule where you can work from home or remotely(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a bit of concern at times(in 60 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays(in 16 reviews)

1,062 Employee Reviews

Customer Service Associate

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Lincolnshire, IL

ProsBig, global company. Cafeteria on site.

ConsEverything started out fine and looked promising. You get 4 weeks of training in the beginning but when you get put on the phones, you discover that the things you just spent 4 weeks reviewing aren't really relevant. The training materials were outdated. More was expected out of you than was even possible. Be prepared to be timed when you go to the restroom. Be prepared to get to work 30 minutes before you start getting paid so that you can get the ancient computers and software you have to use on and ready to work. Also, they're moved the entire team that assist the CSAs to India, so be prepared to go back and forth for days or even weeks with someone who has a very loose grasp on the english language about very technical health insurance subjects. Everyone hates it there. Every single person I spoke to was in the process of looking for another job. I started with a 33 person training group. Within one month, there were only 8 left. When I left after 5 months, there were 2 left. Oh, also, prepare to be treated like a child. The management approaches the CSAs as if they already know you are a their and a liar. For example, if you had to attend a funeral, you will be made to produce an obituary, even if you have never missed work or requested off before. I've never been treated with such disrespect from an employer, and after experiencing a loss at that.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some investment into your low-level employees. Don't treat them like nameless animals heading to the slaughter. Reputation means something, and anybody who knows a previous employee knows about Aon.

AON HEWITT BANGALORE IS AN NIGHT MARE AND ONLY WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD, HEADLESS MANAGERS.

Senior Support Specialist (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThere is no pros about this company. If you want screw your personal life and happiness please join this company because easy to get job here. They need people now because most of them slapped there manager with resignations. Every day nothing less than 2 - 3 people are quitting. Indeed great place to work thanks to Christie savvacool.

ConsThere this office located in Bangalore, India.
    - Management is an absolute Headless chicken (wondering how they became managers).

- Do never expect or even dream about your personal life....only thing the management people knows work work work stay in the office work...

- Work on weekends..without expecting extra penny from the company. you have to spend your fuel, food expenses from your wallet and and even at the cost of tour weekend.

- Unrealistic work assignments from Headless chicken (managers).

- Managers come at morning 10 Am and leave exactly by 6 Pm. Assigning work to the associates.

- Place is become filthy, there is no standard hiring process, they know just hire. There is no quality people. Place is become filthy fish market.

- Attrition rate is too high hence they are hiring anyone who attends the interview.

- Old technology, tools being used are 2-3 decade old. In house developed applications. God knows how we are still forced to use. Nothing works properly.

- Cafeteria - one of the most filthy unhygienic place. Most worst than hospital. Tea /coffee vending machines never worked. If you have tea sure you get diabetic soon.

- People are more gossiping about each other, since there is no standard quality people hiring. They Hires just people have to run the Indian payroll factory.

- Management is dead or don't have eye's.

- No proper appraisal, no pay hike and no bonus for small mistake you have done long back. Even you did not aware that that was mistake.

- No employees engagement program, not even know what is the meaning of employee engagement.

- In other words this company is Third class factory which produces terrible payroll application.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all of these mammoth salary taking Headless chicken Mananagers.

Hire sound knowledgefull people who change the company's fate.

incompetence rises to the top

Prossome really good co-workers
    training is good and the only positive I can say

Conssupervisors are on power highs and they learned from everyone above them
    the only company value I see is everyone is out for themselves and score with management by pointing any and everything the co-workers do wrong

Advice to Senior Managementtime to clean house
    here is a surprise for you employees are human

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

3 years and nothing to show for it.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsTraining is provided. Briefly.Team Leaders act like you are bothering them. Which you are. You can ask more senior reps for help because they have to help you as it is built into their reviews. But then as a senior rep you get poor evaluations for helping others because your AHT will not be acceptable or your WORK time will be 1 second over the goal. I was very disappointed when my supervisor was changed and I was assigned to someone who doesn't work well with people. Management could care less because they are all trying to figure out how to get ahead and out of their current jobs.

ConsVery complex issues to learn in short period of time. No advancement.Pay raises raises went away so they could hire people at lower pay that had no clue what they are doing. But that is just business these days.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I saw.

The Absolute Worst Place to Work!

Customer Service Representative (YSA) (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsNot too much to say nice about this place. If I had to pick something positive to say about this company is that their systems are very up to date. But thats it....

ConsI started working for this company through a temp agency in september. I currently work in the spending account dept. I was told that this was a temp to hire position. After working 6 months on a temp. basis, I am finally was brought on to Aon just to find out I had to make it though another 3 month trial period with Aon, no benefits and only a dollar pay raise. Management here is also horrible. They have an attitude everytime a CSR asks them for help. Senior management is almost invisable. I have only seen one member of senior management in the year that I have been here. As an employee you are nothing but a number. The only thing they care about is punching the clock. Thats it. We had a very bad winter this year in NC. To the point where it was impossible to make it to work. CSRs were penalized for not coming in even though management didnt have to. On top of that, this company is canstantly doing things to customer accounts without informing the customers and as a result the majority of the calls that come in are angry participants cursing us out. This place is literally a hell hole and am very fortunate to have been able to find other employment!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselfs and hire people more suited for the job!

Discriminated against, Overworked, Underpaid and Undervalued- files team

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsNone to report unless you are in the inner circle and "friends" with management. If work is your entire life and you are best friends with leaders they will promote you and give you more money.

ConsLead Programmer Analysts discriminate by gender, age, race, and language spoken. They can be and are often disrespectful and mean. The place is a cocktail of pending lawsuits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet help and treat your employees fairly.

Chaos, and that puts it nicely.

Case Manager (Current Employee) New Britain, CT

ProsCorporate benefits package is excellent. Home Office seems to have a good reputation but satellite office in New Britain is a mess and has no corporate feel. Hiring salary was decent, they allowed for negotiation of rate of hire.

ConsManagement makes no effort to retain quality employees. Employees are overworked without recognition even as minimal as positive praise and encouragement. No efforts made for career development although they love to sell how much the like to promote from within. No annual bonuses and minimal raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook around or you will lose all your top talent. Do something to organize the chaos, improve morale, and develop employees. 75% of the case managers I interact with daily are actively looking for new jobs.

Started as a "temp" and did not want to stay due to a busy-body. Was called back due to my work and hired,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were NO Pros. The only thing worth staying was the benefits. I felt there was discrimination on many area's within the department / company. Also "major" money spent that was unnecessary which maybe could have gone to the employees.. Many expense report for dinners were "way" beyond what a dinner should cost... even for clients. I had a $1,200 dinner bill for just Hewitt employees which included an unbelievable amount of alcohol. But I only got a 1% raise.,, less than the cost of living... how WRONG is that??? I got less for a raise than the dinner. But all the consultants got their raise and bonuses. Then the insurance is raised and MORE than my 1% and am now making "less" than I was before. Oh yes... many pros to talk about AON Hewitt. There are so many miserable people who stay just for a job and you don't see it. How sad

ConsThere were no "Pros" in thiis job. In the beginning I was a temp and was "very" accommodating to staying to 9:00 p.m. for the constant emergies., and offered the job, but said no due to the "no-it-all" next to me. It was common knowledge that she thought she needed to instruct me on everything. I left the position and went on vacation. I called my agency to find out my next assignment and "surprise" I was going back to were I left off. I was brought back for a position that would be created for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was there for almost 6 years and saw every level of stress. I "CAN" say, a person worked ALL night and had her husband bring clean close in the morning. I know this since I was asked if I could come in at 5:00 a.m.

If this was not insanity, I don't know what is.

Horrible atmosphere to work in

Payroll Analyst (Current Employee)

Pros3 weeks vacation, other than that there is no other Pro to mention about this company

ConsAfter AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic
     There is no opportunity to grow in the company no matter of your skill set. They have no promoted or looked to hire within the company.
    There is little training that is being provided to ensure the work is done accurately.
    There is no feedback received fro management to let you know how you are doing.
    The management does not care about their employees and at times make them feel inferior to them, our concerns and questions as an employee are ignored by upper management.
    The worklife balance is horrible at Aon Hewitt, long working hours and little or no recognition is received for the hard work, or late hours that are worked.
    All of this has affected the Morale of the company, before the merger none of these were ever an issue, we had a great employer and great management who would help drive your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as humans, and not animals. We have committed to provide you with our blood, sweat and tears to ensure the work is completed and we are entitled to some respect. Aon is losing some very knowledgeable, respected and valuable employee, what is it going to take for someone to realize and acknowledge that there is a problem.

CES

Calc Engine Specialist (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

Prosholidays,cab and coach,lesser work in beginning

Consno technology,no growth if worked more than a year you are finished can't switch......

Advice to Senior Managementstop ruining young graduates

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!