Aon Hewitt Reviews

1432 reviews filtered by
1,432 Reviews
Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool
Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance (in 179 reviews)

• Lts of opportunities to work from home unless you are in Customer Service (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • EVERYTHING is based on client needs and so forget about work-life balance (in 75 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays (in 19 reviews)

1. Inconsistent and unorganized. Customer service representatives are not valued.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice scenery, cafeteria, and Starbucks.

Cons

Low salary. Inadequate training. Low advancement opportunities.

Adding value to employees would go a long way.

2. Customer Service Reps Are Treated Like Animals

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Easy To Get Hired. If you have a 9th grade education level, you'll get hired. If you desperately need a job, it's better than collecting unemployment.

Cons

Customer Service Reps treated like beasts of burden. Tedious, stressful procedures for garbage pay. Hiring the dregs of society for these position is the norm since no one with any sanity would tolerate this nonsense.

Don't treat grown men and women like 9 year olds. Maybe your employee turnover rate wouldn't be to the moon.

3. Beware of this Employer!

Former Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work-life balance is okay now that they made changes in the past year. The benefits are also a perk.

Cons

Managers push additional work off on employees so they do not have to do the work and just sit at their desk and stay in meetings all day, or leave the job location. The pay is not acceptable for the amount of work that is placed on employees. They claim to give the spill of we will take your open and honest feedback and apply it, but watch what feedback you give, if you are not in good with the management team they will find a way to get rid of you.

My advice is to practice what you preach to employees, do not just say something and not do it. Also be honest with employees and don't make them feel like they have to be quite and not make friends at work and more management involvement and engage and reward your employees for their feedback or ideas, and not target them for providing feedback.

5. Worst organisation seen in life.

Former Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator in Greater Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator in Greater Noida (India)

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Do to some Managers, MSM making this orgainsation worst.

Cons

No help support provided by Team mates and BOM. whenever I approached theTeam mates’s for any support or any help, they never provided any kind of support. They always tried to explain their work to me stating they can’t help me out & they are busy or they have a lot of work to do.

There is no HR in this orgaination. Only Operation is very thing.

AON Hewitt is a low-paying firm.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the people that I worked with. I got to volunteer with local charities.

Cons

Virtually impossible to move up in the company the way it is structured. Leadership is non-existent. However, there are plenty of managers and the managers have their favorites. If you are one of the favorites you have good pay and a clear career path. If not...

Be fair.

The Charlotte office is highly unprofessional and is run by a group of a chosen few, close minded ego maniacs.

Former Employee - Team Manager
    Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Resume builde and industry experience

Cons

Salary, unprofessional at all levels of the business

Think outside the box of the few chosen ones and drive the business with customers and employee satisfaction in mind.

Not what you thought

Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the better pay for call center jobs. They will pay for your licenses, certifications. They have decent benefits and they match your 401k.

Cons

Where to start. Let's see from the beginning they have been completely disorganized. They have no clue what to do managers often have to ask reps for answers. Half of the employees don't know much either. They have very little regard for the customers. They call and harass people like telemarketers when they tell them they are not interested and claim they have no way to stop it. Typical of call centers they hired tons of people for one schedule and then changed the hours. However after nearly everyone complained and threatened to leave they fixed it. Managers spend more time gossiping with each other than helping their teams. Teams are basically self managed and only need managers to assist with scheduling but they rarely do that. Employees are truly just a number. They have quality expectations, but no coaching on how to achieve the scores. They waited until after AEP to communicate that they had x number of sales that had to be met, but they didn't communicate the number until AEP was over. Bonuses weren't on time, and everyone's bonus was short so they developed a system to explain why reps were screwed. No one felt like they have job security even the management. The department is slow with literally no work but they still required their workers to come in after a winter storm. They offered part time work or a leave of absence, but nothing ever came of it because employees were advised that they could lose their jobs if they took it. For the ARHE it isn't a bad place to work for AEP when you can get uncapped OT because they work you like a work horse and then disregard you when AEP is gone. I think they had great intentions in the beginning but every thing there is a facade. The building is nice, but you often have to work through lunch and breaks. Be prepared to work like a dog during AEP selling and making them money, for them to almost fire you in January.

Workers are human. Stop evading questions be up front and honest.

9. Worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

I enjoyed my co workers that's about all

Cons

Poor management
    Very little room for growth
    Not organized
    Poor attendance system

I advised corporate to reevaluate those working in management. They should clean house and just hire new managers over all or heres a thought those customer service reps that's been there for years who are working hard everyday just for a little recognition should be the ones working in management

10. Misguided

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

The only pro is that there is a 6% match for 401k. That is literally the only pro. This is a horrible job.

Cons

This job is horrible! It is highly underpaid for the amount that has to be done. Trainings are cut short if the call volume is low so you are not fully trained like you should be. Very unorganized. Client employees can be extremely rude.

Train your employees efficiently. Train in every aspect of the job and don't just tell them to look at callflows. Be helpful and guide where to find information.

11. Aon removes bonus

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Good medical, location, vacation times

Cons

Aon incorporates bonus into salary at three quarters during the year in 2014, and pro rata only for Q4. 75% of year not recognised.