Aon Hewitt

1,387 Reviews
1,387 Reviews

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool
Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance (in 179 reviews)

• Lts of opportunities to work from home unless you are in Customer Service (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • EVERYTHING is based on client needs and so forget about work-life balance (in 75 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Not what you thought

Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the better pay for call center jobs. They will pay for your licenses, certifications. They have decent benefits and they match your 401k.

Cons

Where to start. Let's see from the beginning they have been completely disorganized. They have no clue what to do managers often have to ask reps for answers. Half of the employees don't know much either. They have very little regard for the customers. They call and harass people like telemarketers when they tell them they are not interested and claim they have no way to stop it. Typical of call centers they hired tons of people for one schedule and then changed the hours. However after nearly everyone complained and threatened to leave they fixed it. Managers spend more time gossiping with each other than helping their teams. Teams are basically self managed and only need managers to assist with scheduling but they rarely do that. Employees are truly just a number. They have quality expectations, but no coaching on how to achieve the scores. They waited until after AEP to communicate that they had x number of sales that had to be met, but they didn't communicate the number until AEP was over. Bonuses weren't on time, and everyone's bonus was short so they developed a system to explain why reps were screwed. No one felt like they have job security even the management. The department is slow with literally no work but they still required their workers to come in after a winter storm. They offered part time work or a leave of absence, but nothing ever came of it because employees were advised that they could lose their jobs if they took it. For the ARHE it isn't a bad place to work for AEP when you can get uncapped OT because they work you like a work horse and then disregard you when AEP is gone. I think they had great intentions in the beginning but every thing there is a facade. The building is nice, but you often have to work through lunch and breaks. Be prepared to work like a dog during AEP selling and making them money, for them to almost fire you in January.

Workers are human. Stop evading questions be up front and honest.

Worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

I enjoyed my co workers that's about all

Cons

Poor management
    Very little room for growth
    Not organized
    Poor attendance system

I advised corporate to reevaluate those working in management. They should clean house and just hire new managers over all or heres a thought those customer service reps that's been there for years who are working hard everyday just for a little recognition should be the ones working in management

Misguided

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

The only pro is that there is a 6% match for 401k. That is literally the only pro. This is a horrible job.

Cons

This job is horrible! It is highly underpaid for the amount that has to be done. Trainings are cut short if the call volume is low so you are not fully trained like you should be. Very unorganized. Client employees can be extremely rude.

Train your employees efficiently. Train in every aspect of the job and don't just tell them to look at callflows. Be helpful and guide where to find information.

Aon removes bonus

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Good medical, location, vacation times

Cons

Aon incorporates bonus into salary at three quarters during the year in 2014, and pro rata only for Q4. 75% of year not recognised.

Choose Another Company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Close to Home, for me, which is the only "pro".

Cons

No Culture, No appreciation for Customer Service as a whole (not integrated in to any other department, either).

Display the same courtesies and considerations in customer service as you would in other departments of your company. They are the voices who are representing the company.

Payroll company that cant process payroll...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

None absolutely - before selling payroll services to other companies, AON Hewitt needs to learn to process payroll for their own employees

Cons

My paycheck was sent to me as check instead of direct deposited into my account as usual. I have not been home for 3 weeks and wont come home for another week, so instead of having my money on the 9th of January, I wont get it until February. Upon submitting a ticket for that issue on January 10th, I waited on "escalated" resolution for over 2 weeks until finally cancelling my ticket. If I took 2 weeks to resolve such a straight forward ticket for one of AON Hewitt clients, they probably wouldnt be our clients after that....shame

Management needs to stop thinking so much of themselves and learn to listen to their employees

It's a no

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice looking building, many discounts offered as a perk.

Cons

Unethical treatment of employees, very high school, high priced insurance, no room for advancement unless you are buddies with your boss.

Reevaluate your current management staff in customer service-specifically in the BPO portion.

Not what I exoected!

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Nothing I can add here.

Cons

The training is far from thorough.

Train your facilitators better so they can prepare new hires to be successful at executing and performing in their roles.

Aon Hewitt ushers in a modern day form of slavery

Current Contractor - CBA in Sacramento, CA
    Current Contractor - CBA in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Aon Hewitt as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They will hire just about anyone

Cons

No benefits, no holiday pay, so sick days, no FMLA, sub par training, sub par management, constant lies and ambiguity.

I would suggest that you make more frequent trips to visit your facilities and actually LISTEN to your subordinates concerns (meaning those of us who actually do the work). Increase the pay, because the work we have to do with poor management, outdated tools and clueless trainers deserves two times what you actually pinch off to pay us. Advise your management team to stop lying to us. This is the worst company I've ever worked for. Just as SOON as I receive another job offer, I'm out of there like a bat out of you know where!!!

DISORGANIZED

Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Co-Workers
    Years past the pay and bonuses were very good

Cons

Under Paid
    No room for growth- even though its promised
    Flexibility for Employee work shifts are pretty much non-existent

Cut out all the layers of management. TOO MANY COOKS IN THE KITCHEN