Aon Hewitt Reviews

3.1
1,164 Reviews

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool
Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance (in 155 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule where you can work from home or remotely (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a bit of concern at times (in 60 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a lot including writing code.

Cons

Felt that managers at times would micro-manage

Benefits Advisor

Current Employee - Benefits Advisor  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay, sign on bonus, relaxed atmosphere (can wear jeans everyday), and managers helpful

Cons

hours are long and breaks are hard to take sometimes because you are so busy.

Work smart and work hard

Former Employee - Financial Services Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Financial Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Team was friendly, nice building, great manager, work was challenging and engaging. As long as you gave your best effort and your performance assessments were showing that you were exceeding expectations, your effort will be recognized and you will get promoted. many opportunities for growth. great pay and benefits.

Cons

long commute, middle management and upper management sometimes were not in sync, usual bureaucracy

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company for some people, not for me.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent benefits, decent pay, great co-workers.

Cons

When I started with this company it was just Hewitt. At that time they had just went public, (I believe that was the downfall of Hewitt and it's employees). Hewitt used to be a very employee oriented company. They provided excellent low cost benefits, free meals and more opportunity for advancement. When I started there, they had just gotten rid of the free meals. They still provided a discount for employees and free milk and juice. It didn't take long for that to stop as they had become public they had to feed the fat cat stock holders. As time went on, they took away our hour lunch and turned it into a half hour. They raised the price of the meals so that it was more expensive to eat in the building but then you didn't have enough time to go off campus and get back to eat. When it came to the actual job they put more and more restrictions. It became very difficult to advance from the phones because if you had certain skills and they needed you in that position, they would not allow for your advancement. I had a friend that actually had to quit and get rehired in another role because even though she was well qualified for a higher role, they wouldn't give it to her because they needed her to be on the phones. That isn't a fair situation for a hard working employee. Its really not what you know but who you know, when it comes to advancement from customer service. Every year they hire temporary employees, "train them" quickly and badly and then leave it up to permanent employees to clean up the mess they made for the next 6 months. For customer service there is no life work balance. You are given sick days but you better know in advance when you are going to be sick because you have to request time off in advance. and then you probably won't get approved. They have a points system and if you are out a certain number of days for whatever reason you are at risk of losing your job. As a CSA you are expected to be chained to the desk for at least 90% of the day. Probably more now. I could honestly go on and on about how terrible this company is for the customer service position. Other positions however, are great. In some positions you are given a computer and allowed to work from home. If I had a position like that I would probably still be there. So bottom line is, working for Aon Hewitt may be great for some positions but in my opinion, not CSA. Good luck to all.

Lower management is okay, Upper management is out of touch and very typical corporate. I have no advice for them as I'm sure they don't care.

Health and Benefits Consultant

Current Employee - Health and Benefits Consultant  in  Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Health and Benefits Consultant in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, awesome benefits, lots of vacation, personal, and sick time. Extremely flexible work from home several days a week. Great opportunity to learn as much as you want. Monthly webinars and access to IFEBPS courses.

Cons

Heavy work load, they need to hire more analysts and consultants.

Upper management is more concerned about the bottom line than its employees.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time

Pros

If you are a new college grad and desperate for work experience, I'd say work here for not too long and continue looking for another job.

Cons

On the bleeding edge of technology and shifting of work offshore to India has made the onshore corporate culture non existent. The long hours makes work-life balance difficult and the lack of community leads to isolation and burnout.

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wide range of opportunities if you had a sponsor

Cons

Small minded management staff; cliques; low pay

Treat all employees the same--stop having favorites

Good Opportunity for New College Grads... Not so much for Experienced Professionals

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Provides good experience for new college graduates in a corporate environment. Also good exposure to product/project management processes and how it affects all levels (From the Client Team/BAs to LSA & SAs and finally to SCAs). The Onboarding process was also pretty good and engaging, ramp up time wasn't as long as expected. Good diversity of professionals from varying ages and backgrounds.

Cons

Proprietary systems and tools do not provide future job/career marketability. Work Life balance can be challenging during busy months and overtime/working off hours comes off as being 'volun-told' rather than 'volunteer'

Was good now it just bad

Current Employee - Benefits Service Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Benefits Service Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good pay and work from home

Cons

everything from managment to peers. everyone expect you to work 70hrs a week

stop making money and try to consider work and life balance. when you make millions poor Joe is having hard time paying bills

Business Delivery Specialist

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Work-life balance, ability to work from home as a first time employee.

Cons

The location is poor, I wish we had more space in the building in the city.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!