Aon Hewitt Reviews

3.1
1,155 Reviews

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool
Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance (in 155 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule where you can work from home or remotely (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a bit of concern at times (in 60 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Frustrating

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Virtual opportunities are excellent- lots of flexibility and options

Cons

Management is too busy to respond to any employee or client needs.

Develop your people, don't allow them to be bored and unproductive.

Learning opportunities, galore!

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Vice President in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than a year

Pros

With the merger, Aon and Hewitt colleagues have more opportunities to work with. The company is fully global and provides for interesting assignments all over the world if you're willing to travel.

Cons

With the merger, Aon and Hewitt are still overcoming some of the merger and consolidation pains. The company is trying hard to find a common denominator, but still struggles with IT support, growing virtual staff and project management.

Managers are taking on more work without paying close attention to process and operational discipline. Consulting organization will benefit from more structured approaches to sales and vetting of opportunities and costs. It is ok to say "no" to a client if we get little back from the engagement.

Overrated

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you know someone already that works there in management then you are set

Cons

It's not family oriented and it's not about what you know or who you know. If you are not willing to be a "brown noser" than this may not be the postion for you . Also , the training is the worst . You don't have adequate training for anything you are preparing for . It's a "sink or swim" atmosphere

Need to be more people oriented to be in management otherwise there will always be a high turnover in the call center.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked and Unappreciated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility and some amazing colleagues

Cons

Salary, benefits, leadership, structure, engagement and growth

Try to retain your top employees by higher salaries and better benefits

A learning experience.

Former Employee - Benefits Advisor
    Former Employee - Benefits Advisor

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time

Pros

The best reasons to work for navigators;
    1. Good benefits
    2. No cold calling
    3. Co-workers are good people

Cons

Assisting in the act of kicking grandma off of her group health policy. Layoffs. What do you think is going to happen once the big client's retirees are all enrolled? Even if there is another client in the pipeline, this question may be something you find yourself thinking about. To note for the record, there has been a mass layoff after every enrollment period since 2011.

Upper management: You guys are awesome! Keep up the great work. There is not one piece of advice that I could give that would make you any better. You guys are the A team, Karate kid, and the Ninja turtles (including Splinter) all combined into one super force fighting team.

LAYOFFS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have great pay and bonus.

Cons

Did they just layoff a ton of people in Concord with no warning?

Stable Place to Work

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy working with my peers. Aon also offers a lot of time off to their employees, but it's use it or lose it.

Cons

There seem to be redundancies within leadership. This is your typical "Corporate America" job, I feel like nothing more than a number.

Aon Hewitt Review

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, HR/Payroll education, virtual roles

Cons

Understaffed, personal growth, promotions, perks, salary when working in multiple roles

Increase salaries when employee's are working multiple roles, office culture

Great company for some people, not for me.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent benefits, decent pay, great co-workers.

Cons

When I started with this company it was just Hewitt. At that time they had just went public, (I believe that was the downfall of Hewitt and it's employees). Hewitt used to be a very employee oriented company. They provided excellent low cost benefits, free meals and more opportunity for advancement. When I started there, they had just gotten rid of the free meals. They still provided a discount for employees and free milk and juice. It didn't take long for that to stop as they had become public they had to feed the fat cat stock holders. As time went on, they took away our hour lunch and turned it into a half hour. They raised the price of the meals so that it was more expensive to eat in the building but then you didn't have enough time to go off campus and get back to eat. When it came to the actual job they put more and more restrictions. It became very difficult to advance from the phones because if you had certain skills and they needed you in that position, they would not allow for your advancement. I had a friend that actually had to quit and get rehired in another role because even though she was well qualified for a higher role, they wouldn't give it to her because they needed her to be on the phones. That isn't a fair situation for a hard working employee. Its really not what you know but who you know, when it comes to advancement from customer service. Every year they hire temporary employees, "train them" quickly and badly and then leave it up to permanent employees to clean up the mess they made for the next 6 months. For customer service there is no life work balance. You are given sick days but you better know in advance when you are going to be sick because you have to request time off in advance. and then you probably won't get approved. They have a points system and if you are out a certain number of days for whatever reason you are at risk of losing your job. As a CSA you are expected to be chained to the desk for at least 90% of the day. Probably more now. I could honestly go on and on about how terrible this company is for the customer service position. Other positions however, are great. In some positions you are given a computer and allowed to work from home. If I had a position like that I would probably still be there. So bottom line is, working for Aon Hewitt may be great for some positions but in my opinion, not CSA. Good luck to all.

Lower management is okay, Upper management is out of touch and very typical corporate. I have no advice for them as I'm sure they don't care.

Health and Benefits Consultant

Current Employee - Health and Benefits Consultant  in  Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Health and Benefits Consultant in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, awesome benefits, lots of vacation, personal, and sick time. Extremely flexible work from home several days a week. Great opportunity to learn as much as you want. Monthly webinars and access to IFEBPS courses.

Cons

Heavy work load, they need to hire more analysts and consultants.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!