Aon Hewitt Reviews

Updated April 19, 2015
1463 reviews filtered by

1. Good working environment and work life balance

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Work life balance and lot of free time

Cons

No learning and no technical bent of mind

2. Mediocre

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Paid time off, lots of other positions to advance to-if you know someone to connect you.

Cons

Everyone is on the same annual review raise percentage. While some people do so much more work-they get paid the same as the one who simply show up to work.

Advice to Management

Reward the employees with skills and positive attitude with a better pay raise. My last annual pay raise was $1,090. My rent increased more than my pay raise.

3. Nice place to work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefit
    room for growth
    tuition reimbursement

Cons

senior leadership needs to listen to employees more

Advice to Management

ask for input from employees and do not be mad when they tell the truth

5. You start with a temp agency and possible become permanent.

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Its a Monday thru Friday Job.

Cons

Hard to move up in the company

6. Disorganized

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Nothing positive to say. The company is disorganized and has competing priorities which are unclear to the employee.

Cons

Very disorganized. Unclear business objectives

Used bait and switch in hiring process

Former Employee - Benefits Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Benefits Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Aon Hewitt part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Well-established company, strong diversity, nice facility with plenty of amenities

Cons

I was hired with a class of about 30 others to open the Benefits Advisor hub for AON Hewitt Navigators in Charlotte NC in Summer 2013. I found out quickly that what I signed up for is not what they had in mind. First of all, the trainers and middle management had no CLUE what they were doing. Our training was supposed to be 2 WEEKS and they we start making calls/sales. That kept getting pushed back and back every week. I was there for 2 MONTHS and I never actually did a single phone call because they did not have their stuff together. There were some days where the team just got on their computers and killed time on the internet because their training and planning was a nightmare.

Secondly, they hired me as a PERMANENT employee and what did I find out day 1? I am a TEMP that can be eligible for permanent employment in 6 months. Wow! Thanks! No big deal at all! I was about to quit right there but decided to give them one more chance until...

Thirdly, they advertise this position as a WARM LEADS only and that all of your customers are employees of AONs clients. Not the case at all. We all found out 2 weeks into training that our targets are actually COLD LEADS and that we are calling D2C, aka calling people on their cell phones and home phones who have no idea what you are calling about. It was such an obvious bait and switch that I almost had to respect the cold-blooded nature of it. They told 30-40 people one thing in all the interviews and it was just one big lie.

Pretty much it was one thing after another. I am certain they used bait and switch on me just to have enough bodies to get the Charlotte hub up and off the ground. Between the managers running out of things for us to do, our certifications taking forever, our job duties CHANGING, my employment status being TEMP when I was told by the recruiter I would be permanent, I left pretty quickly.

Advice to Management

Not sure where to begin. There was SUCH an obvious lack of leadership skills in the folks you brought from Chicago to train the Benefits Advisors. There needed to be a more well-thought out plan for getting everyone up and running. When we come in at 8am and you tell everyone to go through the same module AGAIN for the 10th time and/or "just do your own thing on the internet" to buy you time when you figure everything out, how can you expect any kind of respect? It was a joke and most employees I was there with treated it as such. Some folks just walked around the campus for hours at a time and management never noticed. There was literally nothing to do because they had NOTHING in order. I've never experienced anything like it.

I am not one to get on glassdoor and leave a review like this, but they deserved it. I had high hopes for this position and that diminished pretty quickly.

8. My experience working at Aon has been good

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Good working environment. Good work/life balance

Cons

Poor benefits and compensation for Admin Assistants

9. Poor

Current Employee - Delivery Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Delivery Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time

Pros

Positions in this division provide safe employment that allows for time outside of work. Virtual options are available which is nice and flexible.

Cons

The company has very little culture and lacks engagement. Not a place for young ambitious people. You must be excited by slow growth and benefits most positions with this company.

Advice to Management

Improve colleague engagement to make people feel like they are part of a team and not just an individual sitting at a desk in a cube all day.

10. Decent place to work

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Good benefits good hours no weekends

Cons

Give employees more flexibility without micromanaging

11. The worst company out there

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay checks that's all that's good about this company , but not worth it . I left once I got a better offer !!!!!!!

Cons

Managers do not care about you
    You barley see your managers
    Not a good environment to work in
    All you hear is other co workers talk bad about the company how they hate it .
    Case managers give you confirming information , all of them are trained differently and know different information . Then you get in trouble when you go by what they say .
    Case managers sometimes give you attitude like they don't want to help you when that's there job .
    This company is so pathetic there asking employees to find people to work there

Advice to Management

Learn your job, be fun , more willing to help and get off your butts and walk around and help !!!!!!!