Aon Hewitt Reviews

3.1
1,209 Reviews

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool
Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance (in 173 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule where you can work from home or remotely (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life balance gets a little skewed at times, but the management ensures full flexibility (in 72 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Stable Place to Work

Current Employee - Team Manager in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with my peers. Aon also offers a lot of time off to their employees, but it's use it or lose it.

Cons

There seem to be redundancies within leadership. This is your typical "Corporate America" job, I feel like nothing more than a number.

A learning experience.

Former Employee - Benefits Advisor
    Former Employee - Benefits Advisor

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time

Pros

The best reasons to work for navigators;
    1. Good benefits
    2. No cold calling
    3. Co-workers are good people

Cons

Assisting in the act of kicking grandma off of her group health policy. Layoffs. What do you think is going to happen once the big client's retirees are all enrolled? Even if there is another client in the pipeline, this question may be something you find yourself thinking about. To note for the record, there has been a mass layoff after every enrollment period since 2011.

Upper management: You guys are awesome! Keep up the great work. There is not one piece of advice that I could give that would make you any better. You guys are the A team, Karate kid, and the Ninja turtles (including Splinter) all combined into one super force fighting team.

Aon Hewitt Review

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, HR/Payroll education, virtual roles

Cons

Understaffed, personal growth, promotions, perks, salary when working in multiple roles

Increase salaries when employee's are working multiple roles, office culture

Health and Benefits Consultant

Current Employee - Health and Benefits Consultant in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Health and Benefits Consultant in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, awesome benefits, lots of vacation, personal, and sick time. Extremely flexible work from home several days a week. Great opportunity to learn as much as you want. Monthly webinars and access to IFEBPS courses.

Cons

Heavy work load, they need to hire more analysts and consultants.

Great company for some people, not for me.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, decent pay, great co-workers.

Cons

When I started with this company it was just Hewitt. At that time they had just went public, (I believe that was the downfall of Hewitt and it's employees). Hewitt used to be a very employee oriented company. They provided excellent low cost benefits, free meals and more opportunity for advancement. When I started there, they had just gotten rid of the free meals. They still provided a discount for employees and free milk and juice. It didn't take long for that to stop as they had become public they had to feed the fat cat stock holders. As time went on, they took away our hour lunch and turned it into a half hour. They raised the price of the meals so that it was more expensive to eat in the building but then you didn't have enough time to go off campus and get back to eat. When it came to the actual job they put more and more restrictions. It became very difficult to advance from the phones because if you had certain skills and they needed you in that position, they would not allow for your advancement. I had a friend that actually had to quit and get rehired in another role because even though she was well qualified for a higher role, they wouldn't give it to her because they needed her to be on the phones. That isn't a fair situation for a hard working employee. Its really not what you know but who you know, when it comes to advancement from customer service. Every year they hire temporary employees, "train them" quickly and badly and then leave it up to permanent employees to clean up the mess they made for the next 6 months. For customer service there is no life work balance. You are given sick days but you better know in advance when you are going to be sick because you have to request time off in advance. and then you probably won't get approved. They have a points system and if you are out a certain number of days for whatever reason you are at risk of losing your job. As a CSA you are expected to be chained to the desk for at least 90% of the day. Probably more now. I could honestly go on and on about how terrible this company is for the customer service position. Other positions however, are great. In some positions you are given a computer and allowed to work from home. If I had a position like that I would probably still be there. So bottom line is, working for Aon Hewitt may be great for some positions but in my opinion, not CSA. Good luck to all.

Lower management is okay, Upper management is out of touch and very typical corporate. I have no advice for them as I'm sure they don't care.

Love this company!

Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are many pros with this company. I have been working there for almost 4 years now and cannot think of a more amazing company. I have grown so much.

Cons

There is really not many cons that I can think of at this time as the company has been very good to me.

Lots of positives, but it should be better.

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of flexibility, ability to work remotely for many roles, nice people to work with, and excellent healthcare benefits.

Cons

Salary should be better and a lot of office politics. Also, the salary can range vastly between people in the exact same role with the same time at the company.

Great Diversity

Current Employee - Consultant in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is a wide variety of ages, ethnic backgrounds, education and experience. Lots of educational opportunities through Aon University. There are a variety of online courses covering everything from working with technology to business ethics.

Cons

Depending on the practice, you may find yourself with little mentoring. You could find yourself working on a project with little guidance or support.

Collaborative teams, challenging work, leadership oppty, virtual

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging work, interesting, opportunities to advance. Collaborative team, ability to really impact people

Cons

Sr leadership out of touch, workloads are very large, lots of hours

Leadership 2-3 up is out of touch with daily work people are doing. Salary increases need to be looked at for long-term employees to right size against market. They say they are worried about engagement, but they continue to work there people too much and they do not appreciate the work being done. Most people are satisfied with their work only because their immediate manager is good. You have to be self driven in this job.

BOA

Current Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator
    Current Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator

I have been working at Aon Hewitt as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I find my co-workers are friendly and helpful. They are willing to help answer your questions when you are not entirely sure what you are doing.

Cons

Personally, I find managers are working remotely might not be the best model in building strong relationships with teams that are at different locations.