Aon Hewitt

Aon Hewitt Reviews in The Woodlands, TX

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Aon Hewitt CEO Kristi Savacool

Kristi Savacool

Pros
  • There is ample room for growth and the company seems to really respect work-life balance(in 154 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule where you can work from home or remotely(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a bit of concern at times(in 60 reviews)

• No work / life balance expect to work holidays(in 16 reviews)

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

AonHewitt

Pension Analyst (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsThe location is good for those who live in the area. So convience is a plus

ConsThe pay should be more it is one of the lowest paying companies but the work is more and not comparable to the pay.

Too much

CSA (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsBeautiful Facility, ok location, and they offer free exams at times

ConsTerrible pay, the training isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow love to you CONTRACTORS

No upper mobility for minoirties

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsThe people that work there make it bearable.

ConsIf you do not know the hiring managers you will not get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou pay for school but do not give associates an opportunity to utilize their new skills.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trainer

Trainer (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsThe company has a wide range of different career oppurtunities.

ConsThere is always some underlying message as to why you dont get a raise after working hard for 6 months (Length of time to be considered for raises).

Temp job only

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsNice location. Starbucks located on site was a nice bonus. Good job for someone not looking for permanent employment.

ConsDisorganized at times. Not adequate training. Always have to look over your shoulder in fear because they can and will let you go at any time for any reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe whole hiring process is difficult and employees feel like they are treated like children instead of adults.

Unethical middle management working people to death and then threatening job with "Performance Issues"

Requirements Analyst (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsGreat coworkers and interesting work

ConsZero work life balance, Department management was terrible -- focused on having too many managers to "manage workload and metrics", not enough folks to do the actual work, blaming staff for problems when there is clearly too much work, favoritism and whatever the opposite of whatever favoritism is that bordered on illegal harassment and retaliation, zero response from HR for complaints and continue to support the corrupt and unethical department management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a better look at your department level managers -- they are running the company into the ground by making everyone miserable with impossible work loads and them talking about "performance issues" for the impossible work. Despite what you're told in your mgmt meetings, it's not the people....it's the middle management.

Randstand Temp in the Woodlands, Texas

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsGreat location near major roadways

ConsMicro managed. Not enough training. It was a sink or swim type of training. I was in a class of 68 people and one month later there were less than 25 people left from my training class. Goals were not clearly defined in training.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up hire quality people, supply detailed training. Set clearly defined goals and expectations.

Great Employer to Work For

Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsFriendly atmosphere, Room for advancement, competitive salary, great facility, plenty of company sponsored functions to honor employees

ConsShort lunch breaks--only 30 mins

Good company and improving

Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsGreat people.
    Great for new college grads. The company is spending lots of time and money on young talent.
    Good benefits.
    Flexible hours (virtual, overtime, etc.) depending on your manager and your position.
    Currently improving their processes and procedures in pretty much everything from training to better integration and systems. Seems like a genuine effort to re-innovate the company
    Lots of opportunities to move up.

ConsAround average salaries for an industry leading company in a region filled with oil and gas companies paying top dollar for talent
    Overwhelming work (60-70 hours a week) at times due to seasonal demand (like Annual Enrollment or new client implementation or new system implementation)
    Big corporation (depending on how you see it, good or bad!)
    Work can be very exciting or very boring depending on your position and your team

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the current effort to engage, energize, and improve the company. I think you're bringing the company back to its good days by bringing focus back on talent and engagement. More pay to match the HR salaries in the area would be a great way to retain talent as well.

Up in the Air

CSA I (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsThe diversity
    The support of various client teams

ConsUsing Aon Temps with no benefits and low pay. Aon Temps are doing the same job and people who are hired on perm, with no recognition.
    Client teams need more workers
    They are working with less when they really need more

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the new healthcare law being put in place, there is no need to hire on temps to get out of paying health insurance. Offer perm employment and benefits

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!