Aon

Aon Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Aon President, CEO, and Director Greg Case

Greg Case

Pros
  • Work life balance is unheard of unless you are a Senior Broker or in the Energy Group (in 23 reviews)

• Good work environment and good growing opportunities (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for advancement (in 5 reviews)

• Do the right thing always but sometimes work life balance can be a challenge (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights
8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company culture, wonderful coworkers.

Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery clear professional development path. All coworkers and boss are very helpful.
    Compensations are very generous

ConsNational wide management style is a little bit tough for employees in different locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are not bad...

Good compensation. Stable and good name recognition, particularly with larger companies.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsLarge company with depth of resources

ConsNot much cross-culture communications or assistance

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on culture to get away from superstar mentality and grow the company through a great culture of working together as a team.

Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe pay was good. The people were great. Management was outstanding.

ConsThe hours were too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers were great and very supportive! They were always there when I needed them to give advice and constructive advice.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aon

Account Executive (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsDecent benefits, good locations, quality clients.

ConsBranch managers and rank & file account managers frequently don't comply with corporate standards. Constant in-fighting among senior branch managers. Gimicky corporate initiatives that waste time and often fade away. Dishonest employee performance review system. Degraded HR department with unhelpful managers located far away. Corporate IT is missing in action if you're not with the right office - it often takes weeks or months to repair computer problems because IT is outsourced. Branch offices and departments often don't communicate very well with each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo matter how much it pretends to be sensitive to the employees, Aon's senior and corporate management doesn't really listen to them.

Those with ambition never stay more than 4 years

Account Specialist I (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsStrong career choice for those interested in office politics over product technicalities.

ConsStable. Does not require independent thinking. Products are simple. Company's role in industry is on its last leg.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that employee motivation and provided incentives are correlated.

Middle of the road

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsThe people I work with a cross the US and world are great.

ConsContinually work is pushed down when there are broken programs etc. How much time do they think we can create since we already have a day job.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuick pushing work down and then say thank you. You really do t understand the impact to morale.

Very Good Experiences

Contract Coach (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsVery credible and sophisticated people and processes. Work hard play hard. Collaborative.

ConsPay is modest. Very few downsides.

I loved working there but they tend to lay people off quickly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lake Forest, CA

ProsPeople were great to work with, the support was great, the benefits and perks were outstanding and the best in the industry, and it was the best job I've had

ConsAlthough they shower employees with great benefits and perks, they tend to lay people off quickly and nobody really knows if their jobs are secure

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee loyalty is essential. When people don't know of their future, they will not want to contribute much

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!