Aon Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. READ BEFORE YOU APPLY!!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Aon

Pros

Insurance are little cheaper.there is no other pros at all.

Cons

Cant use your vacation time, horrible and smallest amount of training for this huge job, no support when you start your job, horrible managers. huge employee turn over, all year hiring so that means all year people quit after few month.

Advice to Management

Let me tell you before you make the biggest mistake in your life and could jeopardize your stability of life. Beware stay away from AON. Only 2 weeks of training for such a scenario based job. After the training there is no floor help all are based on chat so you have to hold the customer on the phone for hours for 1 minute answer due to all are busy to cover themselves. They say you have those so called vacation but you’ll never be able to use that due to new hire No flexibility for your life such as you’ve doctor’s appointment you will not be able to take time off due to service level or so many rubbish excuses If you are going to school think twice before even you are applying as they require their needs first no flexibility for your school or exam. Managers will grade your call based on their judgment against you so if you are thick you will be in their junk list so no matter how hard you try due to you are not pretty you will be always grade low. Biggest frustration is no help over the floor, have 10 + years call center experience could not able to go through their horrible biased rude trainer ,they will expect you to research for hours putting customers on hold for 2 min answer, those problem could be solved if there is a floor coaching or trainer but they are horrible cheap in terms of training new recruit and they will dump you after few months saying not all job are meant for every one where as this job can be done without any high school grad people, just if they would have support. Their employee retention is lowest like 5% people stay so you can guess they hire all year round. They will lower ball you ,if you do not bargain they will reap you off for such hard and crazy job. Everything is outsourced in this job so for small time change you have to apply outside of the country and wait for day’s to sort some small time off things. In the interview they will amazed you with their huge building ,vacation and so many internal opportunity but trust me most of them are very rare to achieve and it is kind of exaggeration about the opportunity there is hardly any. People who never worked over the phone could be your manager so better get ready for their harsh rating on your call though you are new hire there is no mercy from them. If you do not know better you might be okay there if you worked some where okay place, please do not bother to apply and waste your life.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aon (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, smart colleagues who are generally sophisticated and hard working. Good career growth opportunities within a global organization. Offers work environment flexibility and volunteer opportunities.

Cons

While some super-stars are identified early and cultivated, salaries tend to increase slowly (very low single digit percentages) for the rest of the employees. Super-star status can seemingly be arbitrarily bestowed.

Advice to Management

Define career tracks more consistently. Disclose average salary ranges of titles across the organization. Better training of managers to effectively communicate on these issues with subordinates.

3. Flexible, friendly, long hours

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Super flexible, competitive environment, tons of untapped benefits. On a whole a good place to work. Aon allows you to make what you want of your career. Upper management is extremely supportive

Cons

Typically the hours tend to be long. I'm sure you will find this t any large company but there are a significant amount of just "doers". Not a lot of thinking outside the box

Advice to Management

NA

5. intern

I worked at Aon

Pros

Great internship experience. I learned a lot during my time at Aon.

Cons

No cons, had a very positive experience.

Premium Account

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Aon

Pros

Pleasant environment , average people, Partial good benefits

Cons

Low Salary, horrible health benefits,

Advice to Management

Raise pay and you'll actually succeed in your expectations from your employees.

7. Aon - Great company to work for...!

Former Employee - Director of Telecommunications in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Telecommunications in Irvine, CA

I worked at Aon

Pros

Fantastic benefits, leadership, career growth opportunities.

Cons

The only downside I have to share is that I had to turn down a promotion for personal reasons. The new role would have required my relocating from Irvine, CA to Chicago, IL. At the time that wasn't something I could do.

8. Customer Service Associate

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aon

Pros

Diverse employment practices. They hire different people of different ethnicities and backgrounds.

Cons

Position not respected. Cliquish atmosphere, it's not what you know but who you know.

Advice to Management

Consider skills and experience obtained outside of AON when considering candidates for advancement and how they can translate.

9. aon customer service representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefit package Opportunity for job growth

Cons

Call center environment is very stressful

Advice to Management

More time off the phones to complete other job duties for the call center employees

10. Great Benefits, Terrible Pay, Few Opportunities

Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aon (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great! Wonderful if you have a passion for outsourcing and health and benefits

Cons

They expect you to work there 5 years before you get a promotion. The merit cycle is not the most encouraging

Advice to Management

Talk to your leaders about encouraging employees

11. Great Company

Current Employee - Portrait Artist in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Portrait Artist in Skokie, IL

I have been working at Aon (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work at home ... they are in Canada. They commission me to paint portraits for their 25 year employee incentive. Super nice people

Cons

none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none

RSS Feed </> Embed