Apex Companies, LLC

Add Photos

Peter Ceribelli

Invests in young professionals

Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsApex believes in emerging professionals and provides support, guidance and mentorship to those who seek it. Superiors have an exceptional work ethic and technical expertise, and project managers are willing to take the extra time to provide learning moments on the job. Fast-paced environment which provides constant opportunities for professional development and growth.

ConsHighly motivated and multi-tasking qualities a must--workload can be heavy at times and requires a certain type of individual to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore staffing and project status meetings would promote more internal communication and facilitate scheduling.

Lies, lies lies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is great opportunities for advancement....if you have no morals and enjoy others taking credit for your work.

ConsConstant travel, no consistency, and lies.

Advice to Senior ManagementShoot yourselves in the head.

Apex Companies, LLC Director responded to this review

Jul 14, 2014

I'm sorry you feel your experience at Apex was not positive. Our firm works very hard to create a positive environment where employees feel valued for their individual and team contributions. We ... More

Solid Environmental Consulting Firm

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Urbandale, IA

ProsApex provided every opportunity for growth that I could have asked for. In less than three years, I went from an Environmental Scientist to a Project Manager. My career path had a lot to do with what I made of it. Apex gives you every opportunity to succeed. Your success is based on how well you perform. This is something that isn't necessarily offered with other companies.

ConsWorking at Apex is incredibly fast-paced and exciting. If you are unable to multi-task and keep organized, this company is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to allow for growth with your "excelling performers" and compensate them accordingly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsBreakfast Fridays and the friendships you can make because it is a very small comapny.

ConsLow pay, no room for growth, micro management and VERY high turnover rate. Out dated software. Once you leave you won't know any of the current systems out here today.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better and have growth opportunities. Also, have learning opportunities and invest in your employees

Apex Companies, LLC Director responded to this review

Jun 12, 2014

It can be difficult for any company with over 40 office locations nationwide to maintain the smaller company feel, and we're glad you are able to develop friendships at Apex. We work very hard to ... More

The worst company ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood location; Although some people keep complaining about something, they still stay in the company. So there must be something that the company is being reasonable about.

ConsWaste of my bulk of time. Poor management team and unclear corporate strategy. No respect to employees from managers. They don't bother asking what issues you may encounter that's keeping you from doing what you are expected to get done. All they care is their employees get the job done. No rewards for excellent job done. No appreciation shown to employees for job well performed. Feel like family business. Senior management's sons and daughters are allowed to work in the company. Some coworkers are being unprofessional and mean to others they work with. Bad working atmosphere. Managers rarely walk out of their room and talk to you. They don't want to know about your story. One of the managers have trust issues and whatever you do is wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some people skills and take leadership courses. Invest in hiring and keeping talented people. Managers should learn to appreciate their employees for working for them. Reward, Listen to people and don't stand on the top and look down at people

Apex knows how to hide disfunction within the final product.

Geologist (Former Employee) Midlothian, VA

ProsApex has aquired an amazing asset in the regional managers' talents and ability to produce high quality project reports.

ConsPoor execution of strategy. Terrible employee engagement. Not enough oversight of regional projects by corporate management. If regional revenues and costs hit expectations, there is not a deep dive into product performance or relationship between employees and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementApex began making some changes before I left. These included a complete changeover of the employee anual review policy. Further efforts should incentivize regional managers to help promote employees. Audit regional managers ability to keep employees certified in a timely maner. Ensure regional managers are current in needed technical skills which may have lapsed (i.e. if company has one engineer, make sure that they can still DESIGN, not just BUILD) a remediation system).

Worked for Apex Companies, LLC? Contribute to the Community!