Apex Companies, LLC

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
2.7

Peter Ceribelli

Apex is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC for less than a year

Pros

All of the staff at this location are respectful & professional. My managers acknowledge when I have done a good job and are always shifting work around to make sure we're not too overwhelmed.

Cons

Nothing really just wish I had a window!!

Keep doing what you're doing!

Apex Companies, LLC

Current Employee - Project Engineer  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Apex offers its employees leadership and growth opportunities with a true focus on safety. Independence and flexibility are provided by the senior leaders for self-motivated employees to thrive.

Cons

Some of the business systems are expected to be updated soon for better efficiency (i.e. billing).

Invests in young professionals

Current Employee - Environmental Scientist  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Apex believes in emerging professionals and provides support, guidance and mentorship to those who seek it. Superiors have an exceptional work ethic and technical expertise, and project managers are willing to take the extra time to provide learning moments on the job. Fast-paced environment which provides constant opportunities for professional development and growth.

Cons

Highly motivated and multi-tasking qualities a must--workload can be heavy at times and requires a certain type of individual to succeed.

More staffing and project status meetings would promote more internal communication and facilitate scheduling.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accountant

Current Employee - N/A  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - N/A in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time

Pros

Great location..it is very close to down town rockville.

Cons

One of the worst company i have ever seem.. no management skill, no team work etc..

Fire all of them

Aug 5, 2014Director

Apex has several programs in place and a culture that focuses on employee satisfaction. Retaining our greatest assets - our team members - is one of our top priorities. It's disappointing to hear ... More

Lies, lies lies

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time

Pros

There is great opportunities for advancement....if you have no morals and enjoy others taking credit for your work.

Cons

Constant travel, no consistency, and lies.

Shoot yourselves in the head.

Jul 14, 2014Director

I'm sorry you feel your experience at Apex was not positive. Our firm works very hard to create a positive environment where employees feel valued for their individual and team contributions. We ... More

Solid Environmental Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Urbandale, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Apex provided every opportunity for growth that I could have asked for. In less than three years, I went from an Environmental Scientist to a Project Manager. My career path had a lot to do with what I made of it. Apex gives you every opportunity to succeed. Your success is based on how well you perform. This is something that isn't necessarily offered with other companies.

Cons

Working at Apex is incredibly fast-paced and exciting. If you are unable to multi-task and keep organized, this company is not for you.

Continue to allow for growth with your "excelling performers" and compensate them accordingly.

Assistant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Breakfast Fridays and the friendships you can make because it is a very small comapny.

Cons

Low pay, no room for growth, micro management and VERY high turnover rate. Out dated software. Once you leave you won't know any of the current systems out here today.

Pay your employees better and have growth opportunities. Also, have learning opportunities and invest in your employees

Jun 12, 2014Director

It can be difficult for any company with over 40 office locations nationwide to maintain the smaller company feel, and we're glad you are able to develop friendships at Apex. We work very hard to ... More

The worst company ever worked for

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good location; Although some people keep complaining about something, they still stay in the company. So there must be something that the company is being reasonable about.

Cons

Waste of my bulk of time. Poor management team and unclear corporate strategy. No respect to employees from managers. They don't bother asking what issues you may encounter that's keeping you from doing what you are expected to get done. All they care is their employees get the job done. No rewards for excellent job done. No appreciation shown to employees for job well performed. Feel like family business. Senior management's sons and daughters are allowed to work in the company. Some coworkers are being unprofessional and mean to others they work with. Bad working atmosphere. Managers rarely walk out of their room and talk to you. They don't want to know about your story. One of the managers have trust issues and whatever you do is wrong.

Learn some people skills and take leadership courses. Invest in hiring and keeping talented people. Managers should learn to appreciate their employees for working for them. Reward, Listen to people and don't stand on the top and look down at people

Apex knows how to hide disfunction within the final product.

Former Employee - Geologist  in  Midlothian, VA
    Former Employee - Geologist in Midlothian, VA

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Apex has aquired an amazing asset in the regional managers' talents and ability to produce high quality project reports.

Cons

Poor execution of strategy. Terrible employee engagement. Not enough oversight of regional projects by corporate management. If regional revenues and costs hit expectations, there is not a deep dive into product performance or relationship between employees and managers.

Apex began making some changes before I left. These included a complete changeover of the employee anual review policy. Further efforts should incentivize regional managers to help promote employees. Audit regional managers ability to keep employees certified in a timely maner. Ensure regional managers are current in needed technical skills which may have lapsed (i.e. if company has one engineer, make sure that they can still DESIGN, not just BUILD) a remediation system).

Worked for Apex Companies, LLC? Contribute to the Community!