Apex Energy Solutions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.7
Michael Foit

1. Apex has been the best opportunity of my life.

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Partner in Denver, CO

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours Entrepreneurial culture Paid for what you put in Great lifestyle position Great advancement opportunity Comprehensive training Teaches life skills Off the charts technology Industry leading product

Cons

There are very few cons to this company. It is Commission based so there are ebbs and flows. You must be self driven or it will not work for you.

Advice to Management

Co-op our technology with manufacturing and install

2. Not a traditional job

Current Employee - Junior Sales Partner in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Junior Sales Partner in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions

Pros

- You make your schedule - You determine your paycheck - Excellent Training - Best technology you'll see in this industry - Best deal for the homeowner, hands down - Excellent product and service - Nothing is every high pressure - Team based atmosphere - Meet lots of great people - Being on the road = Taco Trucks - Excellent Pay & Bonuses This is a sales job, a 1099 sales job, if you aren't familiar with that sort of a role don't worry, we'l explain it to you. While you are "on your own" most days, we do hold two weekly meetings where everyone can come together and discuss challenges, bonuses, etc. If you are willing to learn, can commit 20-30hrs/wk, and can separate yourself from rejection (ie., have a "knack" for sales), you will make a full time income in part time, on your schedule.

Cons

Weather can affect how effectively you can work. The poor performance of previous reps causes inconsistent notes in our CRM. Benefits are on you.

Advice to Management

Keep setting great goals and working on fostering more teamwork.

3. Great people, great company, great money, great hours

Current Employee - Senior Sales Partner in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Partner in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic sales training -- I had zero experience before, but felt fully equipped after training. The positive attributes of the job and training are transferable to other parts of life outside of work. The work/life balance is best I've ever seen; allows me to pursue other projects on the side, i.e. music, writing, etc. Promotions are performance based, and the pay is also aggressive -- you are paid what you're worth! The management is always there when needed to help you at any time. Good people nationwide, and a cool, unique business model that's reflected in the fast growth of the company. It's a great time to join Apex!

Cons

Perfect for people who are hard-working and motivated, not for someone who just wants to mindlessly clock in/out.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. Chance to excel

Current Employee - Junior Sales Partner in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Junior Sales Partner in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with Apex isn't like other jobs I've had that limited your ability to grow, earn, and achieve. At Apex, they love to write you a big paycheck! Plus, they work very hard to equip you to be able to succeed in your position. The training can be intense, but it's very thorough and based on their win-win philosophy, because if you excel and make good money, that's more business and growth for the company. I've dealt with Apex management and employees in Nashville, Indianapolis, and Atlanta, and I've always been impressed with the quality of people Apex attracts and employs. It's a little different, but it's a good different.

Cons

You set your own schedule and work your own hours, so even though Apex sets you up for success, you have to do the work and have some self-discipline. Not so much of a "con" as a "heads-up." The want you to succeed and will help you, but they can't force you to succeed.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job! Let's keep expanding nationwide.

6. Ideal Job

Current Employee - Junior Partner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Apex Energy Solutions offer employees a schedule where they get to pick their hours, and also where they work. This is ideal for myself as a college student because if need be, I can take a week off to study as long as I make it up the week after or the week before. The company culture is incredible, all passionate and positive people make the job for me, and as a plus, I'm getting a full time salary while working part time. Also a side plus you get really nice company shirts, they're the best I've ever received. The location I work at also has fun weekly challenges, such as first person to reach a certain number of meetings gets a side bonus, or person who gets rejected the most gets a bonus. All of it adds to the fun factor of the work. Apex also does an incredible job training their employees, after the training period I felt extremely confident and competent in doing my job.

Cons

Work can sometimes get a bit dull, but they're more than not made up for with exciting days. Team meetings are only once a week.

Advice to Management

More team meetings, this keeps the momentum up throughout the week. Maybe a voluntary second week meeting.

7. I love my job and the people I work with!!!

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions

Pros

I am able to do what I want and still work for an amazing company. As well as work with great people.

Cons

It's a roller coaster of a ride and it definently plays tricks with your mind.

8. Junior Partner

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions

Pros

Flexible hours, limitless earnings, great if your a self motivated person, the best work environment I've ever been in, your success is dependent on yourself and how much your willing to work, weekly bonuses and team goals, meet new people on a daily basis

Cons

100% commission, company doesn't take taxes out for you, you must pay taxes quarterly, you must be an organized person and able to keep track of many things at once.

Advice to Management

Continue exactly what your doing! This is an amazing company and I can't see myself working for anyone else! Continue to praise good work and offer constructive criticism when needed

9. Family.

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions

Pros

Not only are you a part of a team but you're part of a family with Apex. Everyone there is the help you and support you and make you become the best person you can possibly be whether that's inside or outside of Apex. The kind of morals that is behind this company is something you don't find in a typical 9-to-5 job. That's the best part about this job, not to mention you're really well supported financially on top of that. How do you beat that?

Cons

The only con I can think about Apex, is it's not for everybody. It's only for people that drive and passion and can act on that with persistence.

10. Junior partner

Current Employee - Junior Partner in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Junior Partner in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about the job is being able to connect with new people everyday and also help them. The flexibility is nice and as long as you invest yourself and believe in what you are doing the money is very nice as well. Everyone that works for apex is awesome. I have had more fun in the past 8 months than I have in my entire life. Not only have I had a lot of fun, but I have also grown as a professional. The apex group is not just a team, we are a family. We are all passionate about what we do because we are making a difference in people's lives every day.

Cons

This is a tough one, because I honestly can't think of any cons other than the fact that it is 100% commission. But if you don't like a challenge then maybe the job isn't for you.

Stay away from this job if you value morals, control and hard work that pays off.

Former Employee - Junior Partner in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Junior Partner in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good tools, decent training, nice portfolios. In the beginning of the job, the culture is great but as time winds down and you see that performance isn't getting you paid. You will realize why there is high turnover.

Cons

Knocking on doors daily and weekends when people are eating dinner or just getting home. Pointing out the issues with people's windows and the overall promotional home concept is just to get closers in the door. If you have a selfish closer, you will not make money. If your the best in the office, better watch out because people will do anything to bring you down. My office had three people in it including myself. They promise senior partner but always find a way to make it not work out. Whether that's extending home owners decision time or flat out not running the paper work or updating the iPhone application in order to document it. If someone calls because they find it rude you contacted them be prepared to get put on the hot seat. Don't get me started on the cliche Monday morning meetings. First joke is they start at 12:00 minimum but then you sit through played out You Tube motivational videos. The talk of Entrepreneurship is off target as the fundamental reason is completely opposite of what innovation is about. Putting together a CRM program and hitting doors like its 1952 is far from innovative and Entrepreneurial.

Advice to Management

Hold closers accountable for starving their junior partners or if they have high turnover of junior partners. Yes there will be that one person who sticks around because they can live off 1000 dollars a month. Considering all the law suites happening to the company, you shouldn't take it out on the junior partners and pay them only 75% of their earned commission and pay the rest when fitting. Stop promising gold and placing a select few as the roll models or celebrities within the company that we should follow. Successful companies don't need mascots unless their selling cigarettes to kill people or selling booze to teenagers.

RSS Feed </> Embed