Apex Homes

www.apexhomesinc.com

Apex Homes Reviews

1.9

Robert Nipple

At one time a great place to work with great management.

Current Employee - Plant Employee in Middleburg, PA
    Current Employee - Plant Employee in Middleburg, PA

I have been working at Apex Homes

Pros

Generally every effort is made to have constant work flow for the production line. Our sales and engineering staff is always looking at new and improved ideas.

Cons

Giant gap in communication between senior management and production employees. This place operates in virtually the same way it did when it opened 20 years ago. Modular homes are based around cutting edge ideas and technology, Apex has dropped that ball.

Owning family get to work or get the hell out of the way.

Employees at the bottom

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg, PA

I have been working at Apex Homes

Pros

Been there so long, It's close to my house so it's not bad when gas prices are high, no other jobs in the area or most of us would be gone

Cons

You are unimportant. We watch as all of the good people who actually care are eliminated and wonder when our time is up.

Get rid of who ever is making the bad decisions and bring back the people who cared about this place.

What would Bob do?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg, PA

I worked at Apex Homes

Pros

Most employees were like family. We had all been there for so long. Very interesting company. Homes were once sought after.

Cons

Lack of respect from senior management. No positive feedback. Only negative responses. Unable to take vacation days and no rollover. Not treated as an important part of the team even though you were there before the company opened.

Treat people fairly. Let people do their jobs without interference from inexperienced senior management.

Housing is Down, Apex Homes, Inc. is hanging tight.

Current Employee - Department Manager in Middleburg, PA
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Middleburg, PA

I have been working at Apex Homes

Pros

The overall comfort level of the company is laid back. We all multi task, help each other, and have a genuine interest in the success of the Company. The modular homes we manufacture are impressive and unique with custom features and quality materials.

Cons

The decline in the housing industry is hurting us greatly. We have one production line shut down, many good personnel are on layoff (in the plant and in the office). We are managing 40 hours a week in production with some minimal overtime, an occasional week or few days shut down here and there. Office staff are juggling the responsibilities of their coworkers duties who are on layoff. Some are very overloaded right now and are stressing. Employee morale is down because the industry is declining, fuel prices are extreme, and the possibility of more personnel cuts remain uncertain. We all feel like we don't know if we will have jobs by the end of the year. I blame it on the housing industry, not Apex Homes, Inc. We have a great Sales Team, the most skilled labor force in the industry, an excellent support staff, and many other motivated departments who all work together toward one common goal... There are just very few people building new homes right now.

We also lost our founder and President unexpectedly in November 07 and we are unsure of his family's intentions as far as personnel go. We believe they do want the company to move forward, They are naturally very busy with finalizing their Father's estate and trying to keep us afloat at the same time.

One disappointing thing is the lack of communication. Everything is a big secret these days and even Middle Management is left in the dark. "Secrets" leak out in to the plant, rumors and gossip fly and we all look like dummies because we don't know what's going on. You would think we would all be involved in keeping this company going, afterall it is our livelihood too.

Most believe we need to catch up with the times, change some policies, and restructure departments. Each department is always understaffed and overworked. We don't complain much right now because we're thankful to be working, but when things turn around, we should be ready.

Let the great people you have in middle management positions make the decisions regarding their departments. Lynn Kuhns should be in charge of the entire company with the president being the only person over him. He cares more about the success of the company and it's employees than anyone else. He knows the company and he knows the industry, and he knows his employees and what they are capable of. The employees respect and admire him for his dedication to bringing in new work and holding us all together.