Apex Hotels Reviews

Reset
2.6
Norman Springford

1. It's a Hotel...

Pros

Mostly friendly waiters/waitresses. No job in life will ever be worse.

Cons

As with all hotels I was unfortunate enough to work in, the pay is minimum wage because legally they can't pay you any less. Chefs were absolutely bonkers and exempt from the law. Managers had some sort of superiority complex, unique only to hotels because the pay is so little for those they manage and the staff speak little English and are just trying to get by. If I ever had to work here again I wouldn't, I'd go on the dole and probably love it.

Advice to Management

Your minimum wage staff are fellow human beings who need to pay rent just like you. Being on minimum wage was the most difficult time in my life and I will always have a soft spot for criminals because after serving the wealthy whilst earning minimum wage, it is evident that there is a large proportion of the population that just doesn't care.

2. Great small sized company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Apex Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are incredibly friendly. The team is very multicultural, people come from all over the world. There are no hierarchy barriers between management and employees and it is very easy to speak to anyone. It really feels like a family. There is a great mindset of trying do to even better. People are encourage to speak their mind. The company is also very successful in its category. The product itself is very good and the service is excellent.

Cons

The pay is not great... but it is hospitality, and it compares to bigger brands like Hilton, Marriott...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work !

3. It's a workout

Current Employee - Room Attendant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Room Attendant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Apex Hotels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, tips, staff discount on rooms and spa, free gym and pool use

Cons

You basically have to run around, no real training, other employes don't talk to you, unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

Get out of the office and try doing the work- you wouldn't last!

5. Avoid like the pest

Current Employee - Former Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Former Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Apex Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the free car park for staff.

Cons

Zero training and training times, if you reader have a bit of an understanding of how a hotel runs i can tell you that the cost of labour for the overall operation is 22% when a normal four star hotel would run at 33%. This is not a four star company and the staff levels are more similar to a premier inn where multitasking is king. Plus if you really wish to work 15 hours a week of unpaid overtime this is the place for you. They only care about their money as they are owned by a family of accountants. Staff are overworked, training is impossible to develop plus senior managers haven't got a clue of how to run the place but they have a degree in exploiting people. Do not work for them.

Advice to Management

Care less about profits and more about your employees and your customers.You make profits do you?There are also fair profits in the world of business even if you are a profit organization.

6. A LOT TO LEAR ABOUT STAFF MORALE

Former Employee - Head Housekeeper in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Head Housekeeper in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Apex Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My colleagues were lovely as were the clients.

Cons

HR bullied management on a daily basis made life a misery for many managers

Advice to Management

the current HR department need to be replaced with a department who understand the dynamics of Management and staff relations. As it currently stands the HR department break all kinds of employment laws and then harass management out of their jobs when they confront HR about their behaviour. This company really nee o support Management and stop breaking the law .

7. general

Former Employee - Waiter in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Waiter in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Apex Hotels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly atmosphere, multi cultural environment

Cons

poor salary, bad management in some depts

Advice to Management

establish a better benefits system for employees

8. Enjoyed working there

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Apex Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Better salary than average other companies in the same industry. People were quite nice there too. I enjoyed my time there

Cons

smaller company but it is good to be in a that kind of size. we had good reputation in some areas in the country

RSS Feed </> Embed