Apex Outsourcing

Darren Sugiyama

Great Working Environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Energetic and fast paced office atmosphere.. All leads, materials, scripts and training are provided by the company. The Ceo is willing to personally mentor anyone who puts in the work!

Cons

Straight commission position may be a con to some people, however if you work your butt off it gives you the opportunity to make a Very Good living.

All my expectations are being met...

Great Internship Opportunity

Current Employee - Academic Intern in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Academic Intern in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The CEO and Managerial Staff are all really great people to be around. The atmosphere of the office is like none other. There is a plethora of room for leadership and personal growth. While interning, I've met several post-grad employees who hopped on board for an extremely hard-working career. Years later, they're all successful consultants, who now rarely go into the offices as they've all successfully gotten a firm stand on business on their own. The company's CEO, Darren Sugiyama gives you an opportunity of a life time: the potential to eventually be your own boss if you stay persistent at crafting the skill sets required to do so. Darren basically hands you a step by step layout of how to do business the right way, and if you follow his lead perfectly, chances are you'll end up just as entrepreneurial as him.

Cons

The parking situation is a bit rough. However, that shouldn't have much of an impact on your success at this firm.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Simplifying Health Insurance and Making Benefits Sexy

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing

Pros

Knowledgeable team that simplified the options for my family and friends
    Company design saves time and provides clients with fast turnaround times

Cons

None that I could think of

$37MM in 7 Years can't be wrong

A sweat shop for Insurance

Former Employee - Benefits Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Benefits Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Apex Outsourcing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Senior Consultants who will take the time to work with you and help you grow

Cons

-No base pay
    -Very low compensation even after 12 months+ of hard work
    -Top down company- the seniors and president make a boat load of money and leave you with the scraps, while you do all the hard work to make cold calls and book appointments
    -Broken promise and empty dreams: they fill your head with these thoughts of becoming rich out of college if you put in the hard work....all the while in reality you are just a minion that's cheap labor
    -The firm sells itself as the best in the business, a full-service firm to represent and help the company. In reality, it's a numbers game to try and close business and gain commission.

Be up front on what the job really is, hard work for little pay and little room to grow and make it big. Dried up leads in a saturated market. Share the wealth with the little people that do all the hard work. $300-$400 a month in commission is NOT enough to survive on, even as a part-time job. Offer to pay for licensing up front, $300 is a lot to shell up front for something you're not even sure if you want to do for a career yet. Stop capitalizing on cheap labor from poor, inexperienced college students desperate for a job.

Sales representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Apex Outsourcing as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The president is very motivational
    great working atmosphere
    employee relationship is good

Cons

Focus on individual tasks
    cold calls only

security

I worked at Apex Outsourcing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great place to work and great people really enjoyed environment

Cons

pay scale, relieving you after shift over

A Company You Can Trust

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's a great place for people that have a passion for helping other people and this includes, not only what we do for our clients, but also how our President and Senior Staff have a passion to help their fellow employees succeed. The work we do at Apex for our clients is really top-notch. When you work for a company, you want to know that the values and vision of the leadership is the same as yours, because it always trickles down throughout the company.

Our President, our Senior Staff, and all of our consultants are really focused on doing the right thing for our clients. Healthcare Reform is about to drastically change our industry, and it's nice to be with a company that's on the forefront of all of these changes. For me, that means job security.

Cons

I started working her at Apex right out of college, so I don't have any other careers to compare this to. But what I do know is that I like coming to work. It's always busy and fast-paced, which I like. Some people might not like the fast-paced environment though. I've been here for over 9 years now, so I'm used to it. Again, I like it, but I can see how this might intimidate some people.

I don't have much criticism for management. They've always got their eye on the ball and are constantly looking for ways to improve the company. I'm grateful for that.

Hard Work, But Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is very creative and cutting edge. They are always ahead of the curve. Especially with Healthcare Reform being a very controversial topic, as well as the uncertainty as to how Obamacare will affect our industry, our President is always looking at innovative ways to grow Apex. He has really helped me develop my career here.

Cons

My position is 100% commission based, meaning no base salary. I guess you could look at that as the downside of my position, but the upside is that there's no glass ceiling regarding my income potential. I took this job because I wanted an unlimited upside, so for me, I don't really look at this as a bad thing. I actually prefer it.

No advice really. I have a ton of respect for Senior Management here.

Don't work here

I worked at Apex Outsourcing

Pros

Learn how to sell insurance

Cons

Pretty much a waste of time. You will not make more than $300 a month after a year. I can pretty much guarantee that. Ask anyone who's been there for a year and ask them how much they make a month.

Need a company restructure. stop trying to brainwash new college grads.

Reeling in desperate college graduates

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing

Pros

Management very supportive. Learn a lot about the human psyche

Cons

Commission based pay is horrible. takes months before you even begin to see any pay. If you see your career as sitting with a pile of leads and dialing the phone every day 8 hours a day then this is the job for you.

Stop blowing yourselves up and deceiving people about what the job entails.its a sales job so don't make it out to be more than it is.

Apex Outsourcing Photos