Apex Outsourcing

Darren Sugiyama

Sales representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Apex Outsourcing as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The president is very motivational
    great working atmosphere
    employee relationship is good

Cons

Focus on individual tasks
    cold calls only

A sweat shop for Insurance

Former Employee - Benefits Consultant  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Benefits Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Apex Outsourcing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Senior Consultants who will take the time to work with you and help you grow

Cons

-No base pay
    -Very low compensation even after 12 months+ of hard work
    -Top down company- the seniors and president make a boat load of money and leave you with the scraps, while you do all the hard work to make cold calls and book appointments
    -Broken promise and empty dreams: they fill your head with these thoughts of becoming rich out of college if you put in the hard work....all the while in reality you are just a minion that's cheap labor
    -The firm sells itself as the best in the business, a full-service firm to represent and help the company. In reality, it's a numbers game to try and close business and gain commission.

Be up front on what the job really is, hard work for little pay and little room to grow and make it big. Dried up leads in a saturated market. Share the wealth with the little people that do all the hard work. $300-$400 a month in commission is NOT enough to survive on, even as a part-time job. Offer to pay for licensing up front, $300 is a lot to shell up front for something you're not even sure if you want to do for a career yet. Stop capitalizing on cheap labor from poor, inexperienced college students desperate for a job.

security

I worked at Apex Outsourcing full-time for more than a year

Pros

great place to work and great people really enjoyed environment

Cons

pay scale, relieving you after shift over

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard Work, But Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management is very creative and cutting edge. They are always ahead of the curve. Especially with Healthcare Reform being a very controversial topic, as well as the uncertainty as to how Obamacare will affect our industry, our President is always looking at innovative ways to grow Apex. He has really helped me develop my career here.

Cons

My position is 100% commission based, meaning no base salary. I guess you could look at that as the downside of my position, but the upside is that there's no glass ceiling regarding my income potential. I took this job because I wanted an unlimited upside, so for me, I don't really look at this as a bad thing. I actually prefer it.

No advice really. I have a ton of respect for Senior Management here.

A Company You Can Trust

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's a great place for people that have a passion for helping other people and this includes, not only what we do for our clients, but also how our President and Senior Staff have a passion to help their fellow employees succeed. The work we do at Apex for our clients is really top-notch. When you work for a company, you want to know that the values and vision of the leadership is the same as yours, because it always trickles down throughout the company.

Our President, our Senior Staff, and all of our consultants are really focused on doing the right thing for our clients. Healthcare Reform is about to drastically change our industry, and it's nice to be with a company that's on the forefront of all of these changes. For me, that means job security.

Cons

I started working her at Apex right out of college, so I don't have any other careers to compare this to. But what I do know is that I like coming to work. It's always busy and fast-paced, which I like. Some people might not like the fast-paced environment though. I've been here for over 9 years now, so I'm used to it. Again, I like it, but I can see how this might intimidate some people.

I don't have much criticism for management. They've always got their eye on the ball and are constantly looking for ways to improve the company. I'm grateful for that.

Don't work here

I worked at Apex Outsourcing

Pros

Learn how to sell insurance

Cons

Pretty much a waste of time. You will not make more than $300 a month after a year. I can pretty much guarantee that. Ask anyone who's been there for a year and ask them how much they make a month.

Need a company restructure. stop trying to brainwash new college grads.

Reeling in desperate college graduates

Current Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Employee Benefits Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing

Pros

Management very supportive. Learn a lot about the human psyche

Cons

Commission based pay is horrible. takes months before you even begin to see any pay. If you see your career as sitting with a pile of leads and dialing the phone every day 8 hours a day then this is the job for you.

Stop blowing yourselves up and deceiving people about what the job entails.its a sales job so don't make it out to be more than it is.

Working at Apex

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I worked at Apex Outsourcing

Pros

It's not bad... The senior management make good money though and they are pretty cool. They give you time and stuff and are willing to have a chat when you want. Once you stay with them for a while I think you'll really like the place but unfortunately I did not stay long enough. Also, they are very chill about taking a day off or something. They have a system where you get paid depending on hard you work. They don't make a big deal of absences at all.

Cons

It is hard work and a bit of a let down is that you progress slower than you'd hope. And the work is mindless and boring as hell. It is easy, but I was disappointed at their unwillingness to get me involved more.

Nothing much... think you guys make a boring job as good as it can be.

Overall Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing

Pros

You learn a lot about how to communicate in a sharp, effective way. You can rest easy at night knowing that you help companies save thousands of dollars.

Darren Sugiyama, the President, is very involved in the success of new employees. He is extremely intelligent and encouraging, and leads by example by working hard.

Cons

The majority of the job involves cold calling, which can become very tedious and discouraging. It is commission only, and may take a year or more (after training is complete) to get to a point where you are making enough money to support yourself. Many new employees take on a second job to supplement their income.

The training process should be more clearly defined. Also, maybe those who train shouldn't be the biggest producers that the company employs. They tend to be too busy with their clients to give the focused attention the trainee needs.

health insurance broker @ Apex Outsourcing

Current Employee - Broker  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Broker in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Apex Outsourcing

Pros

Great place for financial growth with no salary cap... the more you put into the business the more you make... Very knowledgeable, experienced and creative senior management staff ...

Cons

Working with clients where some times whatever you do you cannot please the client... Straight-commission which could be tough during the first couple months....

wouldn't change a thing... those guys know what they are doing... lucky to be around them...

Worked for Apex Outsourcing? Contribute to the Community!