Apigee

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Apigee CEO Chet Kapoor

Chet Kapoor

Software Engineer

ProsFreedom to work on what you are really love to work on.
    Context not control.
    Good diversity of people.
    Many companies say you can work from home but Apigee really mean it!
    Leaders do not settle for an small acquisition. They are looking to be a billion dollar revenue business and company look like it.

ConsLunch and office management is not the best. Kitchens usually don't have the snacks I like so I have to go to other kitchen.
    Not too many company sponsored events and team building stuff.
    Company becoming more and more like a corporate as we are growing...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Amazing people, amazing product, dirth of real leadership...

ProsFast-paced, game changing solution for customers, incredible thought leadership

ConsLack of motivational leadership and a collaborative approach, many egos may hold the company back. Apigee has an amazing opportunity to hold on to its execution-focused mission statement but lack of valuation of great people will lead to attrition and loss of positive culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace value on people by effective leadership and success enablement. The commoditization and de-motivation of a sales force has limited many potentially wildly successful companies. Don't be one of them.

Amazing

ProsThe people, the atmosphere, the company

ConsIt is high-pressure and has long on-ramping

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good space, poor leadership & septic culture

Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood salaries, good benefits, interesting space

ConsVery political, there is not a secure culture that promotes different ideas or discussion....the Apigee Way is actually brute force & thinking different for the sake of it. Almost 0 emphasis on people development.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board should bring in new leadership to rebuild the culture. The marketing and engineering teams are particularly weak. I would not recommend Apigee.

Smart people, great opportunity, fluid structure...

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat benefits, good opportunity to define own impact. Drive success. Self confident, self starters only. This is a place to DO.

Come to Apigee to define the future of APIs and the next wave of technical innovation. Stay to do it!

ConsSelf confident, self starters only. If you are looking for structure and a plan, look elsewhere. Don't expect a well thought out and coordinated strategy, look around, infer the roadmap and execute!

Advice to Senior ManagementAll hierarchy isn't bad. All flat orbs aren't good. Be careful not to vilify traditional organizations.

Excellent startup culture with great benefits

ProsLaid-back company culture with fantastic medical benefits, catered lunches, weekly masseuse visits, and the ability to work with cutting-edge tools.

ConsEgalitarian company culture means it's sometimes difficult to figure out where the buck stops. Also, if sales targets are not met, no bonuses at all are paid out.

If you have to work, work here.

Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWe all wonder what life would be like if we didn't have to work. Not many of us ever get to find out. I look at Apigee as the next best thing. If you have to work, work at Apigee. The environment allows for autonomy and independence. I pretty much get to design my job as long as what I do impacts customers positively and makes a difference. The leadership has a clear idea of the market dynamics and has the confidence of the workforce. No two days seem to be alike. I can honestly say that I look forward to coming to work each day (even Mondays)

ConsFlexibility and adaptability required. Don't be too high on yourself as you'll be surrounded with people just as good if not better than you. Put your track shoes on as you'll need to run to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour bias toward "under-management" in service of employee trust is your most strategic move. Don't forget that.

A great company to work for but very chaotic.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGREAT employee benefits. Competitive salaries. The healthcare they offer is second to none. HR is amazing.

ConsEVERYTHING changes every six months. Once you're on the CEO's 'bad side' there's no coming back from that.

Advice to Senior ManagementAbout 8 months ago, they hired a bunch of sales people (100+) and solution engineers. Now they're laying off engineering people that actually write the code that's sold. Yea, um... Don't do that.

Great team and place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsVision, culture, technologies, team, business model and values

ConsSome times highly agility become chaotic.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain the core values as company goes big..

Awesome work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsBenefits, compensation, diversity, awesome co-workers

ConsExtremely fast paced, sometimes chaotic and disorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on retaining the talent that we have and focused execution!

Worked for Apigee? Contribute to the Community!