Aplus.Net

Pretty good

Former Employee - Web Designereb Designer in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Web Designereb Designer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Aplus.Net

Pros

- Great group of people working the front lines
    - Super smart development and marketing groups

Cons

- Senior leadership is very wishy-washy.

- Experiment with something new
    - Listen to your employees

Not really distinguishing themselves in any category...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Aplus.Net

Pros

Well, it's a paycheck.

Sometimes (currently once a month) there is a catered lunch. Fair life/work balance.

Aplus hires people of widely varying quality, so you get the opportunity to learn to work with people of varying levels of dedication, intelligence, and education.

Cons

Aplus.Net isn't a place for people looking to advance in their career based on merits or performance. Promotions are based mainly on years of experience and, with no worthwhile reward system in place for employees to really give a damn about performance beyond the bare minimum, the company is comprised of mediocre people just looking to take home some kind of salary.

Managers are of varying quality. Some managers and VP's have no real business being where they are and just ended up there because they needed somebody when the company was bought. As result, there is an ongoing crisis in management because you have managers / VP's that don't know what they're supposed to be doing.

Little/no professional development outside of a "mandatory" training for managers which half of managers didn't bother to attend. So, if management is impenetrable for the ordinary worker (you have no chance for promotion) yet most of their professional development resources, bonuses, etc are targeted towards this elite group, it makes you wonder why anyone sticks around.

Aplus is a budget host and the "budget" theme, unfortunately, carries through to everything from employee benefits to the offices, which are stark and uninspiring. There is a general feeling that the employees stand to gain very little for making the company succeed. Many people I work with agree that profits seem to only benefit upper management.

The entire time I've worked there (and this has been a sizable amount of time) I've been told I was doing a good job ONCE.

Phil is doing a good job overall with what he's been given - I just don't think he's aware of the bigger picture. To get ahead in the industry requires innovative thinking - the current culture does not promote this; it's all about business as usual. Give people a solid reason to excel (...ahem *not* Visions and Values, that's mostly a popularity contest) and retention numbers will look better, churn will decrease, and sales will increase.

Organizational incompetence

I worked at Aplus.Net

Pros

It was a decent place to learn about the web and the underpinnings of the internet

Cons

terrible customer service, lack of vision, annnd they dont exist anymore

na

Very good company, amazing team!

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I worked at Aplus.Net full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and positive co-workers, excellent working conditions. Average pay for the city and industry. Please note that this review touch bases on my experience with the company between 2005 and 2008, when the management team was different.

Cons

Can't think of anything in particular - company shut down its Sofia operations and moved support back to the US. This happened with an entirely different management team, so current owners and managers have nothing to do with this decision.

Can't share any relevant feedback with current management as it seems that the company's CEO and HQ are now different. I sincerely hope that things are at least the same as the positive and professional managers I had the chance to work for back then.

OK

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Aplus.Net

Pros

Private company, small and not "corporate."

Cons

Chances for promotion low; slightly lower pay. Spotty management.

Sell the company.