Apogee Results

Be The First To
Add Photos

Apogee Results CEO Bill Leake

Bill Leake

Excellent experience and work environment

Paid Media Specialist (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Pros* Excellent work environment. Everyone is extremely open and helpful.
    * Opportunity to learn a lot about the industry by working with many (highly varied) clients.
    * Company encourages learning opportunities--SEO/SEM people work together and each can learn the other side of the fence.

Cons* At least while I was there, the hardware wasn't up to scratch (old laptops).
    * Company went through some rough times in my 3 years. I volunteered to hold my checks multiple times in 2012.
    * I worked with a lot of people at Apogee--not all of them contributed to the "excellent work environment" I mentioned above.

Advice to Senior ManagementApogee made a lot of big changes during the three years I was there. On the whole, they are absolutely trending in the right direction. You have a good set of people, invest a little more in them (hardware, more training, more active involvement from management) and you'll do even better.

Fun Small Agency with a Family Feel

SEO Strategist (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- Family oriented, everyone here feels like family.
    - Friendly environment, culture is very laid back and self-motivated.
    - Lax schedules ... show up, do your job, and go home.
    - Understanding management.
    - Individual and creative freedom.

I've worked a large number of jobs ranging from local start-ups to major corporations and I find Apogee to be one of the least stressful jobs I've ever had. The creative freedom and trust factor is a major part of that. Everyone here is also supportive and friendly. We've had some egos in the past, but they've since left the company (and evidently posted on this review board). We've had a number of people in the past get laid off or leave for other opportunities that were good people as well.

The people that are still here are all good people and fully capable of doing their job. Those that are less experienced are under the direction of those that have the experience. If you have a question you have only to ask ... everyone helps everyone else out. It's a very collaborative work environment.

Cons- Company has had some financial bumps, but that's to be expected with small companies.

You're going to have some cons with ANY job. Personally, I think a lot of the viewpoints that were presented here are a bit overblown and dramatic. I've been asked to hold my check voluntarily, but we've only had one occasion that required us to hold our checks and that was due to IBM owing the company a massive amount of money (last year).

Ironically they are using reputation management tactics to bury honest GD reviews

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- the building where they office has a small gym,
    - offices are not cramped (plenty of space)
    - young and lively employees who are willing to learn and brainstorm together

Cons- the company has had several exoduses over the past couple years, and the common denominator is the top executive (who appears to be the one posing as a current employee in recent positive reviews)
    - employees are frequently asked to withhold paycheck
    - company is represented publicly as a much larger and more capable organization then it actually is

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the next couple years to put a solid foundation into place so the company can experience some stability and growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe culture is really what makes this company what it is. They are flexible, good paid holidays, and the company pays a good portion of your insurance. Everyone here is great to work with.

ConsThe computers need to be updated and there has been some recent turnover. The turnover was due to other companies recruiting our people and some due to people just not doing a good job. I don't know if it is competitors or disgruntled employees making the poor reviews, but it is unfortunate that people are being dishonest.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know management is on the hunt for the right person, but we need someone between the executive management and the services.

not an ideal place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Prossmall company, you have the opportunity to get in on the bottom

Conssmall company, doesn't have the security of a large company

Great place to start your career

SEO Strategist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat environment for smart driven young professionals. The schedule is somewhat flexible, and supervision is minimal, so you need to manage yourself, and work closely with your team. The company does fun events, and sometimes foosball tournaments. The environment is friendly and laid back, yet driven and busy.

ConsIf you are not a self-starter don't apply to this company. You'll be buried in seconds if you procrastinate, so you need to be well organized, and know how to manage your time. Also, historically the computers have been dated, but that should be changed soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarketing for the company is lacking, and should be more closely coordinated with sales.

Overall great experience

Account Management (Former Employee)

ProsI spent a couple of years at Apogee and enjoyed my time with the company. My fellow colleagues were great people to work with, the environment was very positive and the leadership team was very supportive.

We did great work for clients and I recommend the place for employement for anyone interested in a reputable online marketing company.

ConsSome higher than usual employee turnover recently, but largely because the company has a lot of skilled people who are recruited heavily by tons of companies.

The computers could use some upgrading too.

All the talented people have left

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosreally laid back and no real dress code so its an easy environment to come to work to. the desks are fairly big.

ConsAll the people with any experience, skills or talent have left or are in the process of leaving because paychecks are frequently missed and the company has no money to invest in anything. Clients who pay enough attention can see they are being grossly under served and leaving. The company can sell decently, but there is no one who can fulfill and do good work. The company shows no signs of bouncing back. And you will be severely under paid but promised more again and again.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is a smart guy but his other main exec is a horrible kind of boss to work for. The company shouldn't have racked up $2M and had unethical things happen.

Waste of one's time for those looking for a legitimate place of employment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossome fun people, quarterly non-profit outings, beer parties, allowed to leave early the day before holidays and you can arrive late to work

Consdelayed paychecks on many occasions, numerous layoffs and lack of resources force too much work on a small number of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to invest in the training of current employees and pay them more fairly before they threaten to leave the company. Increase your ethical standards related to your client relationships.

Worked for Apogee Results? Contribute to the Community!