Apollo Education Group

www.apollo.edu

Apollo Education Group Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Apollo Education Group – US – “Corporate”

Apollo Education Group – US – “Corporate”

Apollo Education Group Director, Chief Executive Officer Gregory W. Cappelli

Gregory W. Cappelli

Pros
  • work/life balance was always good, kind of depends on which manager you have (in 18 reviews)

• Good benefits especially tuition but you can't do anything with the degree after (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a lack of communication when informing impacted personnel of business strategy changes (in 5 reviews)

• Degrees from the University of Phoenix (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company for new graduate

ProsComfortable environment, good manager, average project

ConsSalary is so so, but I can not complaint much

One of the greatest places I have ever worked.

Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsThe people I worked with were great. They were open and engaging and we worked well together. I loved the flexibility of working in the field, on job sites, meeting people, and changing their lives for the better. They also provided excellent benefits.

ConsMaintaining student enrollment, maintaining quotas, cost of tuition was high for those who did not have employer reimbursement or financial aid options.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is on a progressive track. They understand the business of education without sacrificing the integrity of the academic programs.

First company out of college.

Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsExcellent benefits, pay, and corporate perks.

ConsCan be challenging to advance within the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Provisioning/Analysis

Senior Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsStrong up to date insightful, encouraging management. Cutting edge administration years ahead of competitors which consistently encouraged employees to seek out opportunities to improve.

ConsIt is easy to over extend your efforts because the Mission is exciting and rewarding. You must pace yourself a little because you want to continue working later and later.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue in an excellent path. Keep innovative industrious practices and continue to remove those which don't aid and abet the mission of excellence.

Excellents

Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTuition Waivers, Salary, benefits, schedule, atmosphere

ConsI honestly don't find any cons with this job so far but I have to write a twenty word minimum. Although, I would say the training is very lengthy.

From cutting edge innovation to cutting budgets to the bone.

Product Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery smart people; desire for technological innovation; great benefits; flexible schedules and telecommute possibilities; an important mission and compelling corporate story.

ConsThey've been hit by regulatory pressure and significant market competition and need to stay nimble and make drastic changes to stay competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the company private again to focus on long-term strategy and move away from the tyranny of the quarterly shareholder earnings report.

Very Good

ProsGood New Learning Stuff. Good Working environment.

ConsKeep changing management, Due to budget constraint Job Securty is not there.

Very Good Work Experience

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsVery comfortable environment for me. I learn a lot of knowledge and skills from people in this company. Everyone in my team is very kind and they gave me help whenever I need. Very flexiable work time.

ConsI didn't get a lot of projects.

Apollo Group is a job of choice company

Senior Campus Technologist (Current Employee) Guaynabo, PR

ProsGreat company, excellent benefits and professional development.

ConsCompany is currently changing its business strategy and workforce its being reduced

In the short time I have been with the company I have nothing but Kudos for the experience.

Academic Counselor (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsYou are in a team atmosphere where everyone is helpful whether they are on your team or not.

ConsIt is so cold inside that you actually have to go outside to thaw out to resume work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan we go back to incentives such as money raises versus spending millions of dollars on things that we don't need or care for.

Worked for Apollo Education Group? Contribute to the Community!