Apollo Global Management

Updated May 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Leon D. Black

Great experience. Extremely intelligent and personable people. Employees are some of the brightest in the industry.

Summer Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are fantastic to work with. It is very easy to get along with them. They work extremely hard but are also a pleasure to work with.

ConsIt may be difficult to learn if you are do not have a strong finance/accounting background. They work on very complicated deals and don't have much time if you are not qualified.

Its all about the money, money, money.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood compensation. Food is provided. Can move up the ladder. You can learn a lot. Awesome location.

ConsToughest work\life balance I've ever experienced. You're pretty much on email all week long. Long hours in the office. Most people are rude and think they are very important. No respect at times and try to push you down. Need to have a very, very thick skin.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so rude. Being nice to your employees can go a long ways. Learn how to balance work and life on your employees. People are stressing everyday in there. Stop emailing on weekends. It makes the employee reply back even if its not important.

Not for the faint of heart

Finance Function (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Higher Pay than industry average for comparable positions
    - Company has good reputation and brand name
    - Steep learning curve affords one with a tremendous learning experience

Cons- Terrible work life balance. Employees expected to be on call around the clock and over the weekend.
    - Unrealistic expectations from senior management. Too often we have way too limited time to deal with the required asks
    - Type A Personalities throughout the firm in all departments and at all levels. Need extra thick skin to survive here

Advice to Senior Management- Reign in all the nonsense and bureaucracy. We are a small company and don't need all this bureaucracy
    - A bit more humanity from senior management. Expectation to be constantly on call evenings and weekends can seriously grind out a person's stamina

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with high energy and very demanding

Senior Director IT (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsAgile small company feel
    Freedom to develop processes and methods
    No micromanagement

ConsManagement expectations of staff are very high
    Hard working environment
    Long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to improve work life balance.

Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good and lot of learning

Conslong hours and tough environment

Old school finance co., looking to own your life

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsComplimentary breakfast and lunch, cars home if working past 8pm, dinner if working late as well. Standard IB stuff.

ConsVery bureaucratic, old school style of management
    Tough work/life balance
    Leaving the office during the day is highly discouraged except for meetings with externals
    HR is run by a sorority-like team

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times and make better use of technology to keep your employees connected. Create more firm-wide events that boost employee morale. Stop holding all employees on a time leash.

Great exposure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat reputation generating one of the best returns in its industry. Great knowledge management and sharing of experience within the firm

ConsDifficult to progress internally within the firm

Worked for Apollo Global Management? Contribute to the Community!