Apotex Pharmaceuticals

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rewarding career at Apotex Inc

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat career opportunities. Very supportive management. I have great respect for Barry Sherman. I think he treats his employees very well.

ConsWay behind the times when it comes to technology. As a manager I gave to process most employee paper work via an actual piece of paper. Not all of my employees have a corporate email account. I feel that when it comes to technologies we don't have the tools to do our job in an efficient manner

Great vision, terrible management!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Company has a great CEO with extraordinary vision and tenacity.

ConsMajority of the directors hired in the last 2-3 years are extremely crass and dishonest creating a very unpleasant and ineffective work environment. It is quite sad to see such a fabulous business be managed by such incompetent people.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the courage to make decisions and when you do, stand behind those decisions.

Great Company to work for

ProsGreat environment
    People are great to work with.

ConsThe salaries could be higher. The office culture sometimes is toxic.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hiring

ProsI have heard that Apotex is trying to diversify in the production and service industry

ConsI have heard from numerous individuals that Apotex frequently hires children of employees., thereby excluding others who do not have relatives there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalancing the hiring practice of relatives - limit the #s and open job compettion more to the public.

good company

Chemist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgood work opportunity for new graduates

Constoo busy. Work load to overwhelmed

Advice to Senior Managementtoo many internal guidelines not consistent to each other

Apotex

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood training requirements and documentation practices. The company invests heavily on ensuring that all employees have a training matrix that outlines the training they must complete prior to starting their job. Great benefits and flexible work hours.

ConsInsufficent auditing of their practices and investment into equipment. Also, although a lot of training is involved in becoming a part of this organization, the employees are not provided with sufficient time to attend training. Training courses are packed with information; courses that should be a day long are shorted to half-day sessions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease release time for employees to attend training.

Working for Apotex reinforces your sense of social responsibility

Scientific Leader (Current Employee) Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

ProsWorking for Apotex provides one with opportunities to grow and learn. It is a workplace that allows individuals you are pro-active and take initiative to succeed. Like everywhere else, if you demonstrate drive and willingness to make a difference, Apotex is the ideal environment for your carreer.

ConsThe only downside is that in certain areas, one must overcome entrenched management. Change in some cases is glacial, simply be prepared to stay resilient and persevere.

Advice to Senior ManagementApotex, the entity is more important than any single individaul. Embrace opportunities to change for the good of the company with out fear of losing your job.

Not bad

ProsStability, Good people to work with.

ConsCommunication always break down; lack of robust system to run the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow system rather overeiding system.

Senior Manager of IT (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFantastic company with great opportunity to learn and grow and to develop expertise in manufacturing and supply chain.

ConsSomewhat fantastic company with great opportunity to learn and grow and to develop expertise in manufacturing and supply chain.

Advice to Senior ManagementA truly fantastic company with great opportunity to learn and grow and to develop expertise in manufacturing and supply chain.

Great place to work

Quality Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCompany run by SAP in an objective manner, not people dependant

ConsSignificant amount of politics, you need to make your own place

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to people

Worked for Apotex Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!