App Annie

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Bertrand Schmitt

A team that inspires

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI've always been passionate about the work I do and it's rare to find individuals in my work environment who share that same passion and work ethic. At App Annie there are an amazing group of professionals who not only share that same passion in their respective roles but also value contributions and opinions of myself and my team.

ConsWe're growing up. There are times you look back at any youthful stage with a sense of nostalgia and miss the whims of startup life. The benefit is that we're moving forward, evolving and succeeding.

This is the purple unicorn as long as the company play the cards right.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat brunch of people who are passionate about the mobile space. This is a company with a lot of growth potential, people here are very knowledgable about the space, and there's a great culture in place.

ConsThere needs to be more mentorship, training, and feedback in place for employees at all levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication needed from C-level to help align company's goal and objective, since there's a large global team. Also 360 feedback for everyone in the company to ensure we're all at our best.

App Annie will put a smile on your face.

Market Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros-App Annie Team
    -Product
    -Opportunities
    -Office
    App Annie's really found the magic combination of building a wonderful team to work on a great product.

ConsThere is no shower at the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company, typical startup challenges: You want to be here now.

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCulture, work/life balance, amazing product, market dominance, people. We work hard and play hard. Imagine working with friends who are professional, smart, driven, adaptable.

ConsTypical startup challenges: Reiterating product & processes, pivoting.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, leading this ship to the promise land.

Excellent growth opportunities

ProsFlat hierarchy, collaborative environment, fast pace, rate of learning, great team environment. Benefits, culture, access to top management. Hard working and smart people push you to achieve more.

Consteams are spread so thin and tasked with so much that sometimes communication breaks down and scrambles occur.
    Not so much in the way of training, but all startups throw you into the frying pan. Definitely not for the people looking for a cushy 9-5.

Advice to Senior Managementmaintain the culture
    define organizational responsibilities
    hire adequate resources for the challenging roadmap

AMAZING interview process

Visual Designer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThey really know what they are doing when hiring. They took the time to really get to know me and make sure that it would be a good match and not just hire because they need people.
    The people there are al so much fun and love what they do which only makes it easier to take the offer to work for App Annie.

ConsI dont think this is a con but the case study give is difficult, which is actually a pro from them to make sure that the people they are looking to hire are actually qualified for the job.

Marketing

Marketing (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFood, location, salary and a lot of promises.

ConsRacist, high turn over, lack of focus, tyrant managers, horrible work-life balance. I´ll quit asap!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have no future.

Excellent place to work, not always the best work/life balance

ProsThere are a lot of great people working here, and I really enjoyed working with them, and the environment. There are key people who have great experience, and are willing to share that with you. The space is hot and the rep of the company is high.

ConsIt's a tough environment, with high standards, and you sometimes you get thrown into the deep end which is great and difficult at the same time. The pay is just ok. Mentorship isn't always at the top of the list.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better, more mentorship, hire faster.

good

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

Prosno overtime, free launch everyday

Constechnical part is not strong enough

Advice to Senior Managementit's better to fire you first, you did nothing but burden to the team.

Worked for App Annie? Contribute to the Community!