AppAssure Software Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Michael S. Dell

Good Company - Great sales model if you work hard you will thrive!

Former Employee - Business Development - Sales in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development - Sales in Reston, VA

I worked at AppAssure Software

Pros

I left AppAssure last month due to family's relocation to west coast. I can not find a job anywhere that is as fast paced, fun with the ability to get ahead. I was promoted after 7 months to Sales Manager. I worked my butt offf...but it payed off. AppAssure is NOT for the weak or someone that enjoyes sitting quitely in a cube making 10 calls a day. I made 200 calls a day and always crushed my numbers! You get out of the job what you put into it. Warning - this is not a place for slow moving, low energy people. I wish AppAssure had an office on trhe west coast!

Cons

The working hours are 8:00 - 5:30 - but you really need to come in early and stay late to hit your numbers.

Advice to Management

Push out the low energy slugs. They bring everyone down. Keep the energy and fun pumping!

2. Tough but fun

Current Employee - Sales Engineer-Technical Product Specialist in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer-Technical Product Specialist in Reston, VA

I have been working at AppAssure Software

Pros

Fun environment, excellent opportunity to make your job what you put into it. Job allows for the advancement of knowledge of technology.

Cons

Loud environment and constant turnover within the sales team. This turnover is directly attributed to not reaching goals or moving on to a new company and not related to management. These are entry level positions.

Advice to Management

I am appreciative of the job that I have been given, and that I can choose to make the most of my job, just by showing initiative and desire. This is the exact type of environment I need to thrive.

3. Had a good run at AppAssure

Former Employee - AppAssure Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - AppAssure Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at AppAssure Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People you work with there are great. Atmosphere is cool & energetic.

Cons

Cold calling sucks but its what you sign up for. But that doesn't take away from the fact that it sucks.

Advice to Management

Spread the wealth.

5. If you work hard, youcan be successful

Current Employee - BDR in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - BDR in Reston, VA

I have been working at AppAssure Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have been bought out by Dell, so the benefits upgrade was huge. Having Dell on your resume is gold. Initial training was great, put you right into the "ecosystem". For people coming out of college this is a great opportunity to build life long skills that other employers will be looking for. However, if you stay there just long enough, you may never want to leave. Average person there for 3+ years is six figures.

Cons

You will work longer hours. Your hair may turn grey.

Advice to Management

Start at a higher salary base.

6. I worked at AppAssure Software

Pros

Pros are only for tech, not sales: Excellent social value - I really loved the people I worked with. The salary/bonuses are awesome if you're on the right side. For example, people will get more money even if they just started later than you; it's supposed to be a secret, but everyone knows how much everyone else makes.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend joining sales. The turnover rate is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

I genuinely liked my managers. However, the sales managers had a less than glowing reputation.

7. Current Employee - Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at AppAssure Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to make a lot of commission Salary Free lunch every last day of the month Friendly colleagues

Cons

Personal growth Layoffs Company goes through major changes every quarter

8. ok, nothing exceptional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at AppAssure Software

Pros

high energy fast paced atmosphere. Never slows down like las vegas casino; mgmt tries to pump people up. not bad

Cons

Its up or out and dependent on your ability to keep up. Mgmt is very focused on their $$ than employee

Poor communication from the top down

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at AppAssure Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for entry level sales people. Terrific training to begin a career in sales. Office atmosphere is full of energy and excitement. The days pass by quickly.

Cons

Employees don't aspire to take on a managerial role because communication of all the changes from the Dell acquisition are not made in a timely manner. Quota's are unattainable for managers. Pay plans change on a regular basis and are presented as if they are too the employees advantage when in fact they limit your ability to make money.

Advice to Management

Communicate all the changes taking place much sooner. There is a general feeling in the office of being disorganized. Announce changes to quota and pay plans much earlier in the month. Create an atmosphere where people aren't timid to provide their true feelings on changes taking place in fear of losing their job.

10. Neutral

I have been working at AppAssure Software

Pros

The is Good potential growth

Cons

A lot of cold calling.

11. Good for people that work extremely hard, but watch your back

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at AppAssure Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great growth plan - excellent place to start a career - clear plan on how to get raises promotions and etc - Great culture

Cons

- Shady upper management, be prepared to be lied to - Quarterly comp plans that are given to you at the end of the quarter vs the start - Capped commissions, your quota goes up and up, but you make the same amount

Advice to Management

fix the cons

RSS Feed </> Embed