AppFolio Reviews

Reset

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio

Pros

The company is doing very well and they provide high salaries and strong benefits

Cons

It's a mid-size company that grew relatively quickly. Lots of changes in internal processes that can be difficult to navigate sometimes.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent with employees. Promote from within. We have a unique culture here at Appfolio and I'd hate to see it change.

They've spoiled me...

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They foster a culture of employee appreciation and respect. I left the company due to relocation, and I've since then compared every company to them (and none have yet surpassed or really even come close). There are companies that say they are like AppFolio, with the perks and great environment and transparency, but AppFolio is everything it says it is. I know I will have a hard time finding a company with as much heart as they do business sense, but its reassuring to know that they are out there.

Cons

My only con was the distance I had to drive. I lived in the city and the office is about 15 miles outside the city. That's not their fault- I just wished the commute was shorter.

3. Great place to start your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture
    Working alongside great people
    Clients are happy with what they're getting
    A growing company with lots of room for growth

Cons

Pay is decent but not great
    Scaling up will become an issue in the future
    Software seems a but outdated, there needs to be more improvements

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire your employees with enthusiasm

SaaS done right for the customer and for the employee

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding office culture
    Charismatic CEO
    Close-knit teams
    Collaboration
    Smart leadership in each department
    Simplicity at the core of the business
    Challenging work
    Ability to innovate within your role/department
    Well designed processes
    Genuine customer focus
    Work-life balance
    Open communication about company goals, initiatives, performance, and future
    Innovative software that truly changes the lives of its users

Cons

Not being able to roll out all the features our clients request. AppFolio has a very active user base and they come up with a ton of excellent ideas. Creating a robust solution happens quickly but still does not seem to fully sate our client's hunger for product enhancements.

Pretty close to perfect

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

-Motivated co-workers full of positive energy
    -Growth, growth and more growth
    -Fast paced start up culture which keeps things exciting
    -Casual and relaxed environment. We work hard and have fun doing it.
    -The perks: lots and lots of free food, on site workout classes, happy hours, etc.
    -4 weeks paid vacation. GREAT work/life balance.

Cons

Not much. There are definitely some growing pains but that's to be expected of a company growing as rapidly as we are.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the team and enhancing the software but don't change much else! Things are great as they are.

Amazing Company, Ton of Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

The leadership team does a great job of instilling a strong company culture. It is a very positive, open environment and everyone is very welcoming. You immediately feel like a member of the family and make new friends that extend beyond work. We are incredibly spoiled with food, fun AppFolio gear, fitness, happy hours, company parties & contests. There is never a dull day at the office.

In addition to the great atmosphere, it's exciting to be a part of a company that is growing so quickly. Every year we establish company initiatives that actually get implemented and completed. This is awesome to be a part of and gives you a sense of accomplishment. Our strong leadership team knows how to effectively lead each department and keep everyone in line with company goals. I feel honored to learn from the managers above me, there is a lot to learn for those early on in their careers.

New employees also have the plus of a strong benefits packet. For the entry-level positions, it's rare to find a company that offers PTO (and a lot of it) & full healthcare coverage from the start. For the Services department, you have the option for a promotion after 6 months, that is unheard of at most companies! Overall I have nothing to say but great things and am excited to see what's to come.

Cons

I have no complaints. As a member of the Services department and Customer Success team, I feel the complete opposite of most of the other listed cons. Our department has the most promotions and team growth of any department, month over month. Experienced Services members also have the opportunities to move into other teams and departments which allows for further career advancement. Customer service is not an "easy" job, but any candidate just looking for a resume builder should find elsewhere. You'll quickly find that “easy” is boring and has less pay off long-term. AppFolio is a great company for motivated people looking to work hard and do their part to contribute to a growing company. Promotions and raises aren't given because of length of employment, they are something earned. I appreciate this at AppFolio because it allows the motivated employees to be rewarded for their hard work and stand out at the company. For new hires right out of college, it's best to understand that you need to work hard and be patient in the working world (one year at a company is not that long!!!). Promotions are earned and there is plenty of opportunity for them at AppFolio.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

AppFolio Response

Apr 16, 2015VP Marketing

Thank you ! This is such a nice, thoughtful review - thank you for taking the time to write it. We have an amazing Services team and this is a huge factor in our customer's success and happiness ... More

8. One of the happiest places to work

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- amazing work environment
    - even more amazing people
    - strong core values
    - genuine interests in doing what's right
    - innovative, fast paced
    - well stocked kitchens

Cons

- growing pains
    - type of growth

Awesome Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Implementation in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun and youthful culture. The company is growing quickly and offers a lot of room for employee growth. They promote from within the Company, which is awesome! Hard working, friendly and smart co-workers that continue to raise the bar and encourage me to push myself. A lot of opportunities to learn and develop skills. Hard work is noticed and rewarded. Can't say enough about how much I love working for this Company!

Cons

Busy days. The days fly by because there is always a lot to get done. Fast paced and exciting!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Great Company, great leadership and great oppertunity

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are motivated to get experience and have opportunity for advancement, Appfolio is a great place to work at. The company is always growing looking to promote talent from within. They offer great training and a great opportunity to get hands on experience doing something that matters. To top if off, the senior leadership has created a great company atmosphere and set the company up to be very successful long term.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. Appfolio is a fast pace and growth minded company. If you do not mind showing up to work and giving your best, there are no cons. However if you are looking for a clock in/out job allowing you to coast, its not the place for you. The company rewards hard work and talent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

AppFolio- A wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is young and vibrant, with a fun work life balance. The headquarters in Santa Barbara has fun break room activities including ping pong, Foosball, and daily exercise classes. In addition AppFolio offers a fully stocked kitchen with food and beverages. This is a hard working environment and is focused on growing into a multi million dollar company, but where people work hard the also play hard.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement within the services, and the implementation sectors. Unless you are an Engineer your career growth goals may go unrecognized.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for growth within the company so that your talented workforce can continue to grow with the company, and provide value to the organization for the long term. Also focus more on training, and development to build skills across departments.

RSS Feed </> Embed