AppSense Reviews

Enjoyable!!

Current Employee - APS Administrator in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - APS Administrator in Cary, NC

I have been working at AppSense part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with such an amazing group of talented people. They are so warm and friendly and VERY knowledgeable. I am very fortunate to be apart of this company.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons just yet.

Advice to Management

None!

Friendly and inviting atmosphere, with a good amount of challenge!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at AppSense part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is friendly and has done nothing but help me in my short time here. I have already been spoken to about the advancement opportunities, and feel like I can actually go somewhere within the company.

Cons

My only challenge has been compressing all the things I need to do into 4 hours a day! I'm working to streamline some processes to make this an easier task, and it has gotten progressively easier. This has been a challenge that has excited me, as I love to increase efficiency and reduce wasted time.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be to continue what they're doing! So far everything has been running smoothly, despite an interesting on-boarding (with the new office being put together my first week).

So excited to be a part of this great team!

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AppSense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of talented, hard-working professionals. Everyone on my team does their part and is willing to help others out when needed. Benefits are excellent. Lots of opportunities for travelling.

Cons

Some would consider the travel a con, but I love it. Every company has its challenges, and must continually strive to improve itself. AppSense is dealing with the standard challenges of a fast-growing company.

Great!

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AppSense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great. New management is committed to investing in the people and products required to succeed. Increased focus on existing client satisfaction. Smart and talented coworkers. Lots of flexibility and empowerment.

Cons

So far no challenges to report.....

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Good place to stay but only for short term

Current Employee - Software Level III in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Level III in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AppSense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment, good benefits.

Cons

Managers has no vision. Things changed every 5-6 months and finally shutdown entire project! Collaborate with UK team is a pain.

Needs work

I have been working at AppSense full-time

Pros

Interesting projects with option to choose and use latest technologies, good office space

Cons

Very bad middle and upper management, development process needs a lot of improvement

8. Great company, but the glory is fading.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AppSense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with really bright people. Upper management is very hands on without micromanaging. There is still a mercurial, entrepreneurial spirit about the place. Good work and intelligence are rewarded.

Cons

The previous CEO and founder had megalomaniac tendencies. Although there were benefits to that, many of their more ambitious initiatives were ridiculous overreaches. So the last year has concentrated on cutting back: no more "blue sky" initiatives, and regular layoffs. There have been reversals in strategies, and even mindset.

Advice to Management

Keep refining the goals for the company, but aspects of the original culture are worth maintaining.

Not a bad choice for those who have no experience

Current Employee - Automation QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Automation QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AppSense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) awesome technologies used 2) good team 3) competitive salaries 4) great HR 5) lots of opportunities to pick up new skills and learn new tools quickly

Cons

1) do not value people resources, do not keep any promises 2) mess in the management, no one knows what exactly is needed and what exactly needs to be done 4) because of that there is no single opinion on how things should work between software engineers 3) you cannot trust any of the forecasts: one day they say everything is awesome, the company is making a profit - a month later everything is bad and the whole engineering team is laid off 4) no interaction between top management and engineers

Advice to Management

It is probably a good idea to pay more attention to average engineers' needs. There should be a way to say what is blocking them from getting the job done. Find a direction you are moving to. Hire specialists or whoever because jumping around does not do any good and only confuses everyone. Reward people who do their best. Right now the system implies bonuses either for everyone or for no one. The basic psychology says that people tend to do more if they are rewarded. If engineers work 24/7 and you want them to be motivated to do so again, reward them. But if they work hard and get nothing, do not expect it. Try to set realistic goals and DO NOT CHANGE THEM IN THE PROCESS. Everyone needs to understand what they are in order to work on them.

Vibrant Environment & Coworkers

Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AppSense part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is relatively small, so everyone gets to know each other. The company encourages group bonding by paying for catered weekly lunches, and occasional trips out to grab food/drinks together. It's a nice change of pace to be working with people you care about. The environment is generally lighthearted, with people taking breaks to play friendly games of ping pong or pool in the break room.

Cons

There is often miscommunication between the branches, and the work flow can be frustratingly inefficient. For example, you may be "put in charge" of some task, but really you still need to get permission from your superiors in the UK branch at every step of your project. This can lead to others being frustrated by your slow completion of a task, since it is technically your task to complete -- though in reality, most of the major choices in getting it done in a timely manner are out of your hands.

Advice to Management

Try to streamline workflow, if you give people responsibility over a task you must also give them the necessary authority to complete it. Likewise, only add to an employee's responsibility in tandem with adding to their compensation. Having your job duties grow week after week without any change in pay or perks can result in a high turnover rate in employees down the road.

11. Great Company, Great People, Great Product

I have been working at AppSense

Pros

Everyone in the company from top to bottom couldn't be more helpful and nice - they really make you feel welcome. Atmosphere is relaxed but professional. Upper management encourages employee feedback and opinions.

Cons

My position is a bit new, so still working out all the kinks. However, things are heading in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep heading in the right direction.

RSS Feed </> Embed