AppSense

Updated December 10, 2014
3.6

AppSense CEO Scott Arnold
Scott Arnold

Pros
  • Colleagues are, in the main, great people and you can get a parking space (in 8 reviews)

• There are lots of interesting problems to solve and meaningful challenging work to do and the work environment is great (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Last two years has been challenging due to previous senior management decision making (in 4 reviews)

• Chairman is a fantastic motivator however has lost control of his business through poor C level management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Vibrant Environment & Coworkers

Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AppSense part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office is relatively small, so everyone gets to know each other. The company encourages group bonding by paying for catered weekly lunches, and occasional trips out to grab food/drinks together. It's a nice change of pace to be working with people you care about. The environment is generally lighthearted, with people taking breaks to play friendly games of ping pong or pool in the break room.

Cons

There is often miscommunication between the branches, and the work flow can be frustratingly inefficient. For example, you may be "put in charge" of some task, but really you still need to get permission from your superiors in the UK branch at every step of your project. This can lead to others being frustrated by your slow completion of a task, since it is technically your task to complete -- though in reality, most of the major choices in getting it done in a timely manner are out of your hands.

Try to streamline workflow, if you give people responsibility over a task you must also give them the necessary authority to complete it. Likewise, only add to an employee's responsibility in tandem with adding to their compensation. Having your job duties grow week after week without any change in pay or perks can result in a high turnover rate in employees down the road.

Great Company, Great People, Great Product

I have been working at AppSense

Pros

Everyone in the company from top to bottom couldn't be more helpful and nice - they really make you feel welcome. Atmosphere is relaxed but professional. Upper management encourages employee feedback and opinions.

Cons

My position is a bit new, so still working out all the kinks. However, things are heading in the right direction.

Keep heading in the right direction.

New role with AppSense.

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager

I have been working at AppSense full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training for new hires. A lot of people ready and willing to help you be successful. So far so good! Excellent place to work with great people.

Cons

None that I have encountered so far. But it is my first month on the job!

Keep up the great work!

First Impressions

Current Employee - Finance in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Finance in Cary, NC

I have been working at AppSense full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a new hire it is nice to see an engaged management team - budgets and forecasts are taken seriously. HR and IT are all very knowledgeable and willing to ensure you get settled in just right.

Cons

Build up of work not addressed by predecessor.

Sr Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AppSense full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, great supplies of frozen food, drinks, yogurts, snacks, cereals, coffee, tea, etc. Access to gym, easy commute, company is making money, good potential for the company overall.

Cons

Open environment so sometimes it might get distracted easily. You can hear conversations in the next room. it's a small company so when someone leaves, every one knows.

Keep up with industrial pay scale yearly and provide survey for how other companies do.

Not so Good

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at AppSense as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The Manager whom I was reporting to is a good person.

Cons

No transparency. No proper communication between developer & other team members.

AppSense Response

Jun 19, 2014HR Manager -US

We appreciate any constructive feedback current or former employees are willing to share. AppSense is a company that encourages open channels of communication in the workplace.

Account Manager

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AppSense full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small Agile 100M company, with over 4000 Enterprise Customers. Great Products, People and Thoughtful leadership. Amazing Benefits with a great work, life balance.

Cons

Company is still working out the kinks with a couple of the products.

Keep doing what you are doing. The first week of onboarding, I had a direct call with the CEO and SVP of North American Sales.

So far - impressed

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at AppSense full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Attitude, Excitement, Team. Those are the 3 words I would use to describe AppSense at this point. The culture has a "can do" attitude that is infectious. There is a tremendous amount of excitement and pride for those who work here because it's known they're a part of something great. Finally - it's a big team and everyone is working together for a common goal, from marketing to sales to engineering to HR.

Cons

Too much to do and not enough time.

Nothing to report at this time.

Nice people and nice projects

Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at AppSense as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Really good work environment. Smart people and Interesting projects. A lot of opportunities to learn and pickup new skills and implement al your knowledge and experience.

Cons

Really Agile and 'go not go' environment. Sometimes you feel like all people have no clue what's going on and what is the company's goal

Innovative and Growing

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AppSense full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I absolutely LOVE working here. I started in April of 2013 and I am so happy that I did. The management treats you like family, the benefits are amazing, and the technology and core products are innovative and smart. I am passionate about our solutions and feel very secure in the future of the company. The entire organization has moved in the right direction and more opportunities for growth have opened. The culture is energizing and motivating, which makes me happy to be at work all day. I would recommend that AppSense be voted top companies in 2014.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about this company.

Keep up the good work and thank you.