Appature

Appature Reviews

Not yet rated.

Ari Bousbib

Great place to work!

ProsCreative, smart, fast moving, good product, flexible. Treats employees like adults. There's a lot of growth potential and the company is expanding like crazy.

ConsFast growth is creating a bit of an unstructured environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith IMS ownership, keep Appature's soul.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsAppature recognizes the individual contributions that make the company successful. Every week "kudos" are given from employees of all tiers who are truly thankful for the support they received to do their job the week before. Mistakes are viewed as opportunities for improvement, and the camaraderie that appears when hard problems need to be solved is an amazing thing to behold.

Co-workers have a good rapport with one another. Many can be seen on weeknights or weekends spending time with each other on fun runs, bike trips, trivia nights, beerfests or midnight movie releases. Company events are genuinely a time to relax and cut loose, not an awkward obligation.

ConsAs it is a smaller company, Appature has a hard time establishing itself as an equal partner when it comes to setting expectations for the implementation of its products for its larger customers. This can put an unbalanced amount of stress on customer-facing developers and solutions architects.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster a culture where the executives are actively seen in the day-to-day operations of the company. This visibility helps everyone feel like they're on the same team, and get opportunities to ask (and understand) why a disruptive change or difficult request was made.

Progress, not politics

Seattle, WA

ProsAppature is a company that was founded to be a great place to work, and lives up to that charter. The company is principled, and lives its values with integrity.

The end result is a place that is incredibly enabling. Each person at Appature has the opportunity to have a tremendous impact on the business, and the environment is completely devoid of politics to get in the way.

ConsAppature offers a great deal of opportunity, but it's only accessible to those who have the motivation to seize it. Looking for a "9 to 5" job? Want to leave work at work? Appature is not for you.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It feels like we are building something unique, both in our product and culture.

(Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsAppature is a fun, challenging, and satisfying place to work. The people are amazing - very smart, excited to build something great, and fun to be around. The culture is supportive of minimizing the friction involved in getting things done. There is a lot of trust between everyone here, which allows us to avoid playing politics internally and openly challenge/reassess things. We all win together. This is the kind of place you work at and end up hanging around late to share down time with coworkers because you like them so much. The product has so much potential, and the market is starting to take notice.

ConsThe demand for Appature Nexus keeps us all very busy - I'd love to find quality people in a shorter time span to grow the team ahead of demand, but it must be balanced with hiring the right people. It's a good problem to have.

Appature would be a terrible place to work if you were not self-motivated or needed a lot of process and hand holding; it is a company that trusts people to get the job done and has little management overhead.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know it's challenging as we grow, but stay transparent. Continue to hire people who not only have expertise but also align with our values, as well as invest in those you already have. Keep pressing into the goals for the company, both on the business side and regarding values.

Appature is a great place to work!

Chief Technology Officer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsCompany culture that encourages everyone to be themselves, put customers before egos, and get things done.
    Great technology, and great people to work with building that technology.
    A growing customer base and no end of exciting technical challenges to overcome, from high performance big data to consumer friendly enterprise software user experiences.

ConsThe root beer side of the in-house kegerator keeps running out.
    There are too many inflatable unicorns around the office. The magic is distracting.
    I often almost trip over a hamster that runs around in a ball in the office.
    Everyone is way too empowered to make decisions, Appature needs more subjugating top down management.

Easily one of the best places to work.

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThis place is amazing. Awesome coworkers, amazing location, and a real interest in allowing the employees to use what they are personally great at to excel and grow the company.

You really get to feel like your work has a serious effect on the product. I have never felt empowered like I am at this company. It is at a great stage where it has gotten large enough not to be complete chaos but small enough that each person gets to own their own piece of the business.

The people are amazing here. I swear I feel more healthy just being in this environment on a daily basis. People are this company are motivated and passionate every day about working together to create something wonderful. It is inspiring.

ConsThe pay could definitely be better, but I honestly feel like it's close enough to other jobs that the culture and other non-monetary aspects of the job make up for it.

This isn't a place to work if you are hoping to just do your work and go home. If you want to do well here you have to be willing to "live your work" a bit. It's extremely easy to do here, but if you are looking for a standard 8-5-gohome lifestyle then you might be disappointed.

Worked for Appature? Contribute to the Community!

Appature Videos

Appature – Why Work for Us?

IMS Health is the world’s leading information, services and technology company dedicated to making healthcare perform better. By applying cutting-edge analytics and proprietary application suites hosted on the IMS One… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Appature reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Appature CEO Ari Bousbib. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Appature employees.