Appirio Reviews

124 reviews filtered by
4.6
Appirio CEO Chris Barbin
Chris Barbin

Pros
  • I feel like I have a good work-life balance here and genuinely enjoy the people I work with (in 10 reviews)

• I get to work from home and travel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing really fast which means that things are always changing and sometimes you have to make things up as you go (in 8 reviews)

• There are constant "growing pains" that you would experience in a company that is still in their upward climb for success (in 6 reviews)

1. Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Transparency from management on down.
    Practice what they preach, the company is 100% run in the cloud
    Totally innovative
    Great group of people to work with - strong sense of community (even though most people work remote due to project assignments
    Challenging and fun place to be
    Company values - really focused on hard work, innovation and having fun

Cons

Compensation. So far that's all I can see, otherwise I love being at Appirio

Keep it up!

Great place to work, learn and exercise your potential

Current Employee - Technical Architect in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast growing start-up and a pioneer in driving adoption of Cloud computing technology/solutions in the enterprise. This is a highly relevant space for the next decade or so, in these fast changing times. Awesome leadership and culture overall. Your voice is always valuable.

Cons

Hyper-growth causes stress on many fronts, and as long as you are able to cope with the ever changing environment and the challenges that come along, you would just enjoy every bit of it.

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bleeding edge opportunity to be a part of the industry's only Cloud Consultancy. Recommend joining for Work/Life Balance, Culture, Values and experience but don't stay more than 1-1.5 years...

Cons

Don't stay more than 1-1.5 years because the Comp & Benefits and Career Advancement opportunities are completely off the rails broken. Wish I could grow within Appirio but I can't. Absolutely zero opportunity to negotiate merit increases or upward mobility upon consistently demonstrating next level job performance. I have former peers at Deloitte who have advanced 3 levels to my 0. And the quality and variety of my career experiences in the Workday ecosystem is demonstrably superior to theirs.

For folks who are consistently showing next level results, get serious about proactively engaging in Comp, Benefits and Career Advancement discussions or you will force your best people to look elsewhere. I started out billing at one of the lowest bill rates and now I'm billing at one of the highest bill rates - YET - my salary has only increased once via a 5% merit increase. Use one of those fancy Salesforce.com reports to figure out whose wages have stagnated compared to the value they are bringing in and make it right. I love working at Appirio but the self-deception erodes quickly when I consider what I could / should be making and the long term consequences of this deprivation to my family's quality of life.

HR and Management should more frequently assess and adjust to ensure that there is equitable pay for performance, contribution and potential.

Mar 8, 2015Recruiting Manager

I would love to talk to you directly or if you would reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss further, you can reach me at jbarker@appirio.com. Thank you for the feedback and again would ... More

Good company and culture. Not proper direction

I have been working at Appirio

Pros

Good culture and great team

Cons

Bad management. Too many changes every year.

Mar 2, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback. I would really like to talk to you further, please reach out to me directly at jbarker@appirio.com or your HR Business Partner.

Appirio

I worked at Appirio

Pros

Very forward thinking and progressive company. Very efficient in on-boarding new employees. Completely bought into leading edge trends. The right type of personality can really thrive at Appirio.

Cons

Upper management is arrogant and this has a tenancy to adversely affect the decision making process. A culture of an elite club that everyone is supposed to be trying to join has been created and it can cause some moral issues.

Feb 26, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing the feedback. I would love to discuss further with you if you would like, you can reach out to me directly at jbarker@appirio.com.

7. Great people, struggling to maintain culture

I have been working at Appirio

Pros

aims for flexibility; "nice" culture, few rules, good people

Cons

projects can be very challenging and depend on stars; struggling to keep its culture in the face of growth

stop chanting "fun factor" and pay more attention to what really might be fun/rewarding

Mar 2, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for this feedback. Please reach out to myself at jbarker@appirio.com or your HR Business Partner if you would like to discuss further.

Account Executive

I have been working at Appirio

Pros

Very innovative, smart and fun co-workers

Cons

No cons to report at this time

Keep the culture the same as the company continues to grow.

Amazing culture, lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Appirio's culture of innovation, transparency and change affords plenty of opportunity for anyone who craves growth

Cons

Change is a constant. It's not for the faint of heart.

Appirio is

Current Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio

Pros

Innovation is always on the rise. The culture is incredible. Trust between employees at all levels make Appirio one of the best team environments I've ever been apart of.

Cons

No employer match for 401k

Continue to keep the strong culture alive as the company continues to grow. Consider offering employees an employer 401k match of some kind.

Overall Good company with growing problems

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong market position. Good back-up from investors and partners.

Cons

Limited career/growth opportunities. Growth only for selected employees, based on who is backing you / known to you.

Please look more deeply and closely for loyal people within, and provide opportunities.

Feb 15, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for this helpful feedback, if you would like to provide more details or discuss further you can reach out to me directly at jbarker@appirio.com. Thanks!