Appirio

Updated October 18, 2014
4.6

Appirio CEO Chris Barbin
Chris Barbin

Pros
  • I get to work from home and travel (in 6 reviews)

• Work/life balance is a constant struggle, but there are a lot of efforts being made to manage this (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Some risk as company is growing rapidly (in 5 reviews)

• There are constant "growing pains" that you would experience in a company that is still in their upward climb for success (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I NEVER want to work for another company!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Consulting can be a difficult job. You'll always have challenges with customers, but at most firms, you also have a lot of internal battles. Not at Appirio!

The teamwork and leadership comes from the top. The culture is very open and transparent. People really work to help each other, and everyone continually strives to get better. There are also a ton of really smart people here! Every day I learn something new, and I really love it here!

Cons

Having been in consulting for many years, I wouldn't say there are any real cons. You'll work hard, and you'll always be challenged. You'll also get to work with some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world. You'll do things you couldn't do with any other company.

You've built a great company and people really love working here. Please don't ever let anyone acquire us - and let us continue down the growth / IPO path. I don't want to work anywhere else :-)

Incredible Company, Exciting Job!

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance with flexible schedules
    Never micro-managed, lots of autonomy
    Seeing the company values in action everyday
    Very open to new and innovative ideas and help in getting them implemented

Cons

We are growing fast - you have to be up for the pace!
    Making 1000+ people still equal flexibility and agility
    Wish we had a 401k match and unlimited vacation

Keep on being transparent and living the culture as we grow!

Innovative, intelligent, transparent, and friendly people doing amazing work.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture- The company culture is remarkable. It is a very "Silicon-Valley-ish" based company culture. We play hard, but we work even harder. Appirio is a team of extremely intelligent and innovative employees at every level who strive to disrupt the current marketplace. Appirio is big on employee referrals, because we believe that smart people align with other smart people. The company is extremely transparent and reaching out to the Executive Team is as easy as picking up your phone and calling them.

Training- Appirio provides an excellent training/on-boarding program for new employees. It ranges from specific training to your given practice (Workday, Salesforce, Google, etc.) to cultural on-boarding at Appirio to your given service area (consulting, business analysis, etc.). If you have the right attitude and fit the culture at Appirio, there is no doubt in my mind that the training will ensure your success!

Cons

The interview process is extremely thorough, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can be stressful as an applicant.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Fun, open culture focused on the right things

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

The company culture and environment is totally focused on team and transparency. The leadership is open about the direction, current status, and any changes the company is going through from a strategic standpoint.

-Great flexibility in schedule
    -Treated like an adult
    -A focus on outcomes rather than "punching the clock"
    -Fun atmosphere
    -Leadership is focused on the right things for success
    -Opportunity to be innovative and drive your own programs/projects
    -They have figured out how to keep people connected who are working remotely

Cons

- Higher project utilization for managers than expected

Best Company, continually amazed at the level of excellence and openess

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- work from home
    - very much in charge of my own career path
    - amazing co-workers that help whenever needed
    - open communication from top down

Cons

- it's intense and you have to be self starter
    - sometimes it feels like sink or swim, but I have learned that with this company, all are eager to help, you never feel like you are on your own

Awesome company to work for!

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Appirio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working for Appirio. There are so many good things but I'll try to pick my top three.
    1) Flexibility: This is my first experience as a consultant and I couldn't be happier. You get to work from anywhere which provides a lot of flexibility.
    2) Connected/Team: What makes Appirio different is that even though you are not in an office you still feel connected to the company and coworkers. There are constant virtual meetings in which you get to see and obviously interact with your team as well as weekly company trainings or meetings that allow you to stay connected. Have a question? There are multiple wikis and resources but if you can't find it, there are hundreds of people to ask, literally! Just send an email and you'll receive responses from people you haven't even met but want to help.
    3) Growth Opportunity: I am very new to the company and can see the growth opportunity. I meet with my manager every other week to talk about how work is going, set goals and make sure I'm on the right track. This is the first company in which I have been asked what I want my career path to be and my manager gave me a list of things to do to get there! In the past I've begged my bosses to tell me what I should be doing to grow in the company and never before had they given me a concrete answer and then follow up with me and encourage me to do it! In previous companies I've felt like they don't want me to grow because I was so good at what I was doing that they didn't want to move me from that position. In Appirio if you're good, you're growing!

Cons

I don't see any big cons in Appirio. I guess if you are someone that needs constant follow up and directions this might not be the company for you. You have to be independent, eager to figure things out and able to move quickly. There are lots of resources available and people love to help but with everyone being so busy there's no time to waste so if you have a question, ask it, don't sit and wait for someone to ask it for you and if you want to see something done in the company, do it.

I say keep it up! I hope to continue to see the collaboration and support we get from management.

Innovative Company Focused on Employee and Client Satisfaction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

Appirio is an innovative company with a focus on employee and client satisfaction. Leadership makes employee engagement a priority and is very transparent with company goals and report cards. Bi-weekly all-company meetings keep employees in the loop and questions are encouraged. A great culture made up of smart, hard-working and friendly individuals. Benefits are the best I've had.

Cons

It's hard to find many cons. Being a very remote, global workforce, you will rely heavily on communicating via phone, Google hangouts, Skype, etc. People are generally very responsive though, and so it's rarely a big issue.

Fantastic company!

I have been working at Appirio

Pros

Appirio is a great place to work. It's fast-paced and on the leading edge of technology. Great pay!

Cons

If working remotely is an issue for you or not a self-starter, this is not the place to be. For most people in the company, this is not an 9-5 office job.

Keep the bar set really high, but enjoy success even if we come up a bit short. This company is growing like crazy, enjoy the ride!

The best company and best people ..PERIOD!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Appirio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Appirio is an amazing company! From the people, to the projects, policies etc. Everyone here is exceptionally smart and brings something tangible to the table (which only helps you up your game). Upper management keeps all well informed and makes us feel as we're part of a large family, not just a number. It's a fun atmosphere to work and play and I look forward to many fantastic years at Appirio. If you like a fast-paced, fun and challenging work, this is the place for you.

Cons

In my short time with Appirio, I'm having a difficult time finding any cons. If I want to be nit picky it would be you can only reimburse gym memberships not use that amount towards exercise equipment. I can live with that.

Keep doing what you're doing. I appreciate the transparency - it's refreshing and greatly appreciated!

Dynamic, smart, and exciting place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Appirio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Appirio has an open and engaged culture that includes the new consultant all the way up to the senior leadership team. There is significant opportunity for growth and consultants are encouraged to explore their interests and develop their skills. It is a highly empowered environment; if you want something to change, you need to be motivated and willing to participate in the effort of changing it. The benefit of that is that every employee can make the company better and I see that in action every day. Change is constant and the pace is fast, which makes it an interesting place to be! Knowledge is shared freely (versus hoarded) which drives the company to improve and deliver outstanding customer value.

Cons

The pace of change, lack of bureaucracy and standardized processes can be disconcerting to people coming in from long established consultancies or IT departments. Pay could be better, benefits could be better, and the transition support for people who are likely to struggle acclimating to the culture could be better.

As the company continues to grow, fiercely protect the culture...it is very special here.