Appirio Reviews

Reset
4.1
Appirio CEO Chris Barbin
Chris Barbin

Pros
  • Plenty of opportunities to look for with a great work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• I get to work from home and travel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing quickly and we are having a difficult time staffing some projects (in 8 reviews)

• We have growing pains, but are working on establishing processes to enhance and improve those challenges (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work, learn and exercise your potential

Current Employee - Technical Architect in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast growing start-up and a pioneer in driving adoption of Cloud computing technology/solutions in the enterprise. This is a highly relevant space for the next decade or so, in these fast changing times. Awesome leadership and culture overall. Your voice is always valuable.

Cons

Hyper-growth causes stress on many fronts, and as long as you are able to cope with the ever changing environment and the challenges that come along, you would just enjoy every bit of it.

Too Great to Stay Away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After leaving and coming back to Appirio a short time later, I can say without a doubt that this company has a great culture, work/life balance that is valued and respected, and transparency throughout, which is hard to duplicate elsewhere.

Cons

Be prepared for a fast paced environment and change. This could potentially bring about stress at times, but if you thrive in these types of situations this is the place to be!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Continue to disrupt and innovate while building something special.

Jun 12, 2015Recruiting Manager

So glad to hear this has been your experience and you are back part of the Appirio family!

High Stress_Low Reward

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency from the top down. Innovative business working with smart people.

Cons

My consulting practice was a mess. Everyone is overworked, under trained, and unhappy. Unless you are in the Salesforce practice, good luck! Emerging practices and their needs for training and support are swept under the rug. No advancement opportunities and career paths are not discussed. Just an endless string of conference calls and late nights.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your emerging practices (Google, CSOD, Concur). These teams are struggling.

Jun 11, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us, I would like to speak with you to understand further if you want to reach out to me directly at jbarker@appirio.com or your HR Business Partner we would ... More

Fast paced, aggressive growth, fantastic culture.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Appirio

Pros

Great culture, great people. Very transparent company, excellent benefits plan, good compensation.

Cons

The usual stress of working at a consulting shop. Can be long hours and lots of travel. Of course they talk about work/life balance, but at some point all the work that keeps coming in has to get done. The same stuff you will find at any consulting firm.

Solid place to work

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great, although it was better when the company was a bit smaller. Lots of transparency, the CEO seems genuinely concerned with morale. HR does a great job, and the staff overall is helpful, incredibly smart and fun. The work itself is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

The fast growth in the company has led to some communication breakdown. Many of us still don't know who does what in each department -- lots of duplication due to lack of teams coming together to keep everyone abreast of what's going on.

Advice to Management

While people cringe at the thought of more meetings, I think a simple biweekly meeting for specific practices could go a long way to bridging the gap and keeping people from feeling they are working on an island.

No career opportunities

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Appirio

Pros

Awesome internal technology (everything is in the cloud, so we really practiced what we preached).
    Also great senior management/executive team (not so much all the management underneath that though)

Cons

Spent 2 years of my career here working late nights, weekends, and consistently being praised as a "top performer". However, was never rewarded for it. The constant reorganizations resulted in so many changes in manager that no consistent career path would ever come to fruition.
    It wasn't until I resigned and quit that promotional offers came in.

If you want to keep people, reward them.

Advice to Management

Manage your talent.

Jun 23, 2015Recruiting Manager

I would love to discuss this feedback with you further if you are open to that, you can reach out to me directly at jbarker@appirio.com.

Challenging Culture

I worked at Appirio

Pros

Work with really smart people on very high profile clients. Enjoy lots of opportunity to travel and encounter and solve some challenging business problems. Emphasis on giving back to the community and being a good team.

Cons

Lots of spin, and high pressure to live up to it. Very difficult environment to maintain any sense of self confidence or stability because of constantly working with new people, both internally and client side. Hard to develop trust and confidence in that circumstance.

Advice to Management

Don't believe your own spin so much, be more real and be more supportive of consultants. Don't just talk about work life balance.

May 26, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing this feedback. If you would like to discuss further please reach out to me at jbarker@appirio.com.

Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people and methodology tools

Cons

Management decision making is strained

Advice to Management

na

Misalignment between stated values and what is actually realized

I have been working at Appirio

Pros

Flexibility, working from home, strong user of Apple products, neat and innovative technology, disruptive models to cloud and crowd. Genuine model approaches for optimizing Salesforce deployments.

Cons

Delivery model is very much stuck in the old SDLC approach, labeling use of stand-ups and dev-only sprints as "hybrid agile" does not make one Agile nor enable benefits realization of the methodology. New hire approach is very much sink or swim. "Disruptive innovation" seems to be lip service to actually internalizing a culture of disruption. A lot of cracks in the culture as very senior leaders leave.

Advice to Management

Leverage truly disruptive approaches to better gauge the pulse of your employees, partners, and customers. Be more than about lip service to innovation. Think beyond the triple constraint when planning and delivering projects.

Jun 11, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing this feedback, we would like to chat with you further about the feedback, feel free to reach out to me directly at Julie Barker at jbarker@appirio.com or your HR Business ... More

11. Senior Manager Consulting Services

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome culture, and very transparent organization. Founders and Leadership team are very approachable. Organization has a way to keep a positive energy at all times.

Cons

Employers are a package deal, no one is perfect. As a package, Appirio is one of the best places to work.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive momentum going. Proud to be an Alumini

RSS Feed </> Embed