Appirio Reviews

Reset
4.0
Appirio CEO Chris Barbin
Chris Barbin

Pros
  • Plenty of opportunities to look for with a great work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• I get to work from home and travel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing quickly and we are having a difficult time staffing some projects (in 8 reviews)

• We have growing pains, but are working on establishing processes to enhance and improve those challenges (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work, learn and exercise your potential

Current Employee - Technical Architect in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast growing start-up and a pioneer in driving adoption of Cloud computing technology/solutions in the enterprise. This is a highly relevant space for the next decade or so, in these fast changing times. Awesome leadership and culture overall. Your voice is always valuable.

Cons

Hyper-growth causes stress on many fronts, and as long as you are able to cope with the ever changing environment and the challenges that come along, you would just enjoy every bit of it.

Aug 25, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing this feedback. If you would be open to discussing the feedback further we would love to hear, you can reach out to myself at jbarker@appirio.com or your HR Business Partner ... More

2. Good Place to work

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

Lets you work on your own time

Cons

misleading hours, you will work way more than 40 hours a week.

3. Kind of lost its way and the culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Flexibility of working from home -Travel is reduced - Great transparency from senior management as shown by the bi-weekly company meeting on Friday which almost everyone attends - Great use of cloud based technologies across every systems used in-house - Latest Mac and PCs for use - Company wide reimbursements for cellphone and home internet - Very detailed and thorough interview process - Awesome company swag - Gamification system is really cool

Cons

- Frequest re-orgs - I had 5 managers in the space of 6 months (not because any of the managers left). Where do you go for career development and progress if you have to start all over again with every manager - I got a raw deal with a couple of crazy clients and that was held against me. Had great feedback from couple of other clients which did not seem to matter - Unceremoniously laid off due to the massive re-org that happened in Q1 of this year due to a horrible Q4. Several senior mgmt and sales folks were let go. - It did not matter that I got an amazing review from a client a couple of days prior to being let go. Another matter that I got to know that Appirio walked out from the same client that had given me negative feedback due to unnecessary expectations created by the client. Whereas to me, they told that client did not have confidence in my leadership. - No concept of appraisals and career development. If I and many others who were supposedly not performing well, why were we not included in the Performance Improvement Plan which is what the HR bandies about a lot in the wiki. - Vision at the top mgmt level is great. But at the execution level its all a mess. - The Consulting operations managers who are supposedly there to help and enable project teams act like God - In Q3 of 2014, my manager was the blue eyed boy of the company and was one of the regional leaders with Delivery and Sales reporting to him. Come Q1, he was rather unceremoniously demoted to just another Account Director. When I followed up with him on the reorg, he had no clue on what was happening and was rather unhappy that he was kept out of all the information. Needless to say, Appirio saw massive amounts of exit after the reorg and the Q1 lay-offs with several of the best folks with whom I had worked leaving to go work elsewhere due to the sudden cultural shift that happened in Q1

Advice to Management

When you talk about transparency, make it transparent at all layers and about all kinds of happenings like re-orgs etc Be more real and supportive of consultants. Don't just talk about work life balance.

5. Trying to find its sweet spot in a competitive industry

I worked at Appirio full-time

Pros

Highly innovative organization with strong CEO leadership. Strong cloud-based partnerships and is well-known in the Salesforce ecosphere.

Cons

Too technical from the capacity that the non-technical practices are not receiving the support from sales necessary fro growth.

Advice to Management

Allow consultants to have autonomy in their roles and don't sell them short vis-a-vis their titles and background even in the interest of making up utilization gaps.

Aug 25, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing this feedback. If you would be open to providing more background I would be happy to chat with you. You can reach out to me at jbarker@appirio.com.

Not as advertised - no vision

Pros

Great people, nice offices, macbook computers.

Cons

Leadership is lacking. Advertises work from home, fun work environment, great vision and leadership. Once you are there you are regulated like its the 1980's. All thought leadership left last year and now they just spend spend spend through VC money with no idea on how to turn a profit.

Advice to Management

Develop a vision, if you invest - invest in thought leadership. Stick to the vision being reactive will get you no where but behind.

Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Culture - You will hear a lot about this in Appirio. It's a culture of transparency, balance, team work, fun and quality. 2) Flexibility - Work from anywhere and manage your schedule. Don't get me wrong, you will work full time and a lot of times long hours but there is a lot of flexibility on where you work from and you can adjust your hours with your project team when needed. 3) Interesting - There are plenty of projects to go around and lots of different types of businesses that hire Appirio. You will not get bored. 4) Growth - Appirio pushes you to learn more and become an expert in the area of your choosing. There are plenty of opportunities to learn from others and also share your knowledge with the CoEs, Continuing Education trainings, etc. 5) Recognition - Appirio also values good employees. Managers are constantly sharing with others when their team members do a good job, there are bi-weekly awards for good performance and in many cases promotions for those who deserve it

Cons

Not any that wouldn't come with any consulting job.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding your good employees and continue to hire people that fit the culture and want to collaborate with team members and learn.

Where a good idea matters

Current Employee - Practice Leader in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Practice Leader in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

Engaged leadership and a fairly flat hierarchy means there is less focus on who puts forth an idea, and more on the merit of the idea. That's a stark difference from other organizations I have worked for where your title mattered more than your work. Career opportunities I've experienced here have been great and I've learned so much. While I do work a lot, I feel good about my work and don't mind the sweat equity since everyone else works hard as well. However, I would say hard work and quality work are quickly rewarded. Culturally I would say transparency and collaboration are highly valued, more so than any other place I've worked. Lot's of very smart people and a positive results driven culture makes for engaging work.

Cons

Overall company strategy doesn't always seem to align to some areas of the business. Work-life balance isn't exactly there given high utilization targets, however the work is rewarding enough to balance this out.

Advice to Management

Make more leadership, managerial, and non-technical training available to consultants.

Too Great to Stay Away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After leaving and coming back to Appirio a short time later, I can say without a doubt that this company has a great culture, work/life balance that is valued and respected, and transparency throughout, which is hard to duplicate elsewhere.

Cons

Be prepared for a fast paced environment and change. This could potentially bring about stress at times, but if you thrive in these types of situations this is the place to be!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Continue to disrupt and innovate while building something special.

Jun 12, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

So glad to hear this has been your experience and you are back part of the Appirio family!

Drives top talent away, mediocre and unwanted stay

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for fresh grads in middle America or India to get certified, experience and get a job at a major player. Bar is always stocked. You can work at home in your pajamas.

Cons

They hire "good cultural fit" over talent. Lots of managers are self promoter and political types but clueless about the products and work, so top talent does all the work for a while and always leaves. Virtually no raises once you are hired. Always proud of their "culture" but routinely looks to outsource workforce first to Indy then now to India to save a buck.

Advice to Management

Talk to your superstars, get the real 411.

Jul 24, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. I would like to talk to you to understand more if you would be open to reaching out to me directly at jbarker@appirio.com. Thank you.

High Stress_Low Reward

Current Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency from the top down. Innovative business working with smart people.

Cons

My consulting practice was a mess. Everyone is overworked, under trained, and unhappy. Unless you are in the Salesforce practice, good luck! Emerging practices and their needs for training and support are swept under the rug. No advancement opportunities and career paths are not discussed. Just an endless string of conference calls and late nights.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your emerging practices (Google, CSOD, Concur). These teams are struggling.

Jun 11, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us, I would like to speak with you to understand further if you want to reach out to me directly at jbarker@appirio.com or your HR Business Partner we would ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed