Apple Reviews in Albany, NY

3,678 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
1,952 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Albany, NY

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

Apple pays pretty decent and its possible to move up the chain as long as managements sees potential in you.

Cons

Some employees get a little too into the Apple culture, and it definitely takes time to move up the chain.

Amazing experience, great staff, stellar products, but they pay retail employees very poorly.

Former Employee - Specialist  in  Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Specialist in Albany, NY

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a very energetic and young environment so you constantly feel inspired, and it is easy to forge lasting friendships with colleagues. The management is usually supportive and easy to work for. Being around Apple products is just fun!

Cons

The stores are still very corporate and employees are frequently treated like children. Constant bag checks, clocking in is a hassle, and long hours on your feet. All of it would be worth it, but they barely pay over minimum wage! For the amount of information you are required to know and the crazy customers you deal with on a daily basis, they should definitely pay more.

Learn to delegate and stop micromanaging.

Great experience, horrible salary

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Albany, NY

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your colleagues are energetic and fun, the work is demanding but fun, and they give you great experience and training

Cons

The salary is too low to be able to support yourself without another job, and the hours are incredibly long

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This job is tiring, rewarding, and satisfying

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in Albany, NY

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues are encouraging and very helpful. Everyone is willing to help each other as much as possible. You do not make commission, therefore everyone is focused on one goal: finding the right solution for the customer

Cons

The store could get overwhelmed at times and there are times also where the customers are unreasonable.

Need way more opportunities for part-time students.

Great retail job

Former Employee - Specialist  in  Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Specialist in Albany, NY

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great retail job. All of my coworkers were very friendly, and the culture made working at Apple retail more fun.

Cons

Long hours on weekends and holidays. It's hard to plan out vacations and days off because sometimes the schedules aren't released until last minute.

I wish that there were more employees at the Apple store. Sometimes its difficult to balance multiple customers at a time.

Not enough time to grow

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Albany, NY

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple honors and respects all of it's staff for who they are. They encourage and support creativity and diversity. The Grow Your Own programs are a wonderful opportunity for staff to gain new skills and move up in the organization. Apple's dedication to ensuring that it's employees are paid for every minute of work related activity is amazing. I recall a recent memo that reminded us all that we should be clocked in when reading our apple.com email, corporate bulletins on iCommunicate or even changing into our uniform t-shirts. I can't think of any other retailer that is this concerned with equity and fairness in the way its employees are treated.

Cons

The downside to working at Apple? Everyone wants you to fix their iPod! But seriously, There is one thing that I think really could use improvement, which is providing scheduled time to study material on iLearn or the the Grown Your Own programs. I am in the Grow Your Own Creative program and I find it very difficult to find time to study the GYO material while I am scheduled to work in the store. When I am on the clock I am supposed to be on the floor working with customers. Things are rarely slow enough to leave the floor to study in Back of House for more than a few minutes. We are not supposed to review study materials on our lunch break because we are not on the clock and should not be engaged in any work related activity. It's a bit of a catch-22. Btw, when I say that we should have scheduled study time, I'm thinking of maybe an hour a week. Nothing extreme.

I really can't think of anything that I didn't mention in the previous section. Time to study is really the big thing for me. Our store has a bit of an issue with getting schedules posted far enough in advance. Staying on top of that would be great. One more suggestion, it would be lovely to be able to access our schedule online. One more other thing. ALL of the ipods should have demo photos, addresses and calendar entries, not just the iPhones. It's just embarrassing to demo an iPod Touch, get to the photo album and have to say, "pictures really look awesome on here, but we don't have any to show you. I can show them to you on an iPhone though. It has the same screen." Likewise the Nano and Classic. We have to be able to show off all of the features. We can't do that effectively without good material to work with.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!