Apple American Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Greg Flynn

Great training

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

Prosgreat training, awesome profit sharing overall a great company to work for

Consbase salary and pay to much for insurance

Advice to Senior Managementnone

They advertise a lot, but don't deliver much for their management.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Auburn, WA

ProsDecent pay overall, the training overall is good for the hourly positions and learning the brand.

ConsThe big issue is the lack of oversight by upper management on their General Managers and the "good old boy" syndrome that infests it. The store I was sent to after my training had a GM who had already been through five other AM's in under a year. When I begin having issues with the GM blatantly violating core policies my complaints were ignored by both HR and upper management. Also, they advertise a balanced schedule to management, but I personally didn't see this in the store I was at or from what I heard from other managers in other stores. For training, they train you on all the store level positions for 95% of training, but they spend very little time training you on their brand specific systems for the BOH, POS and scheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting your friends and family members into store level management. Its unprofessional and doesn't support your own company values.

Stepping on the little guy

Server (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsFlexible hours, Fun work environment, some bonuses

ConsLack of benefits, No paid sick days, Needs to join ROC United, 30 hours a week max (due to ObamaCare), have to fight tooth and nail for bonuses that were promised.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best advice I can give is for the management to rely on senior staff members and trust that they know what they are doing. Micromanaging someone that has been doing this job for almost a decade before you were transferred to a store does not make friends; it makes an uncomfortable work environment.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

General manager

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

Prosgreat work environment, upward mobility. We have an ability to give feedback directly upper management.

ConsLong hours, split days off most times. Working late nights, benefits seem expensive, company puts a lot of pressure on General Managers on cutting labor and cutting staffing.

Worked for Apple American Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple American Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple American Group CEO Greg Flynn. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple American Group employees.