Apple Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

at-home advisor

I worked at Apple

Pros

Great benefits, high energy and excitement. Great products and employee discounts.

Cons

At home position can be more stressful that retail. Training is sometimes rushed and you may feel unprepared. Promotions seems to be handed out to luckiest person instead of by true merits.

Advice to Management

Apple has grown as a company and management and corporate policy is a necessary evil. but don't loose the true essence of how Apple was founded. Stop doing everything as a way to cover yourself. Remember 'The Crazy Ones'

2. Awesome

Former Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple

Pros

great pay, benefits from the start managers teach teammates are helpful schedule is great

Cons

repetitive work rude customers schedule can change I dont know more to add

3. No better place to work!! (Obviously right?)

Former Contractor - Sales Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Sales Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

- Great people - Great pay/Benefits - Great environment - Great products

Cons

Absolutely none, I recommend applying to everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great company... great ideals

Former Employee - AppleCare Senior Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - AppleCare Senior Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of fantastic people to work with. Enjoyable atmosphere. Very good benefits. Competitive pay. Understanding employer. Good stock options.

Cons

Stress! Advancement can be tough and have more to do with networking/how others view you rather than your work. Training and advance notice can be foggy at best.

Advice to Management

Take a healthier approach to helping employees manage stress. Pick opportune times to help employees move or enter different roles before they get the notorious 'burnout' feeling.

If you like making your own opportunities, this is the place...

Current Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Apple has a very solid culture of respecting employees and offering challenging work that will change the world. The important thing to know is that you should be ready to make opportunities for yourself and not sit around waiting for someone else to hand you a dream assignment. You need to network with other teams and be aware of what's coming. With that information, get yourself in front of the hiring manager and let them know you're interested. This is how you have a great experience at Apple. Take charge of your future.

Cons

Not so much a con as advice that applies anywhere. Apple has a range of managers with varying levels of skill at managing. Ask good questions of any prospective manager to find out how they manage in certain situations. How do they recognize above and beyond contributions from their directs? How do they manage conflicts inside the group and between groups? What professional development programs do they have in place for their directs? There are many other questions and I encourage you to search online for some more. Your manager is the single largest influence on whether you enjoy your job. Take the time to get to know her/him in the interview process.

Applecare is a soul-sucking dreadful place

Former Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cafe has good food, but nothing is free... The gym is very nice as well.

Cons

-In the division of Applecare I noticed very little people that had any career ambition than to just "get off the phones" because they were so miserable. Pretty much everyone's career path was to just make it there long enough to not have to talk to a customer on the phone. It is awful soul crushing work and you are rarely rewarded for it. -I've been asked to cancel planned vacations to work "mandatory" OT and was threatened to be penalized if I didn't cancel my vacation. Ultimately, management was unable to provide in writing how this was okay, so they were not able to follow through with their threats. -You will be asked to work all holidays. Requesting time off is difficult. They make it easier to call in sick rather than request time off. Which is total crap. -Very bureaucratic structure. If you're not willing to brown-nose all your managers, you will not succeed no matter how well you perform. -Micromanaged more than you could possibly ever imagine. Every second of your day will be logged. You will not be able to pee without having to account for that time somehow. -Lots of sexism in upper management. I saw women being targets and discriminated against in several instances. -Managers can find ways to fire people for pretty much any reason. If one of them doesn't like you, you're done for. You have to be willing to kiss a lot of butts if you want to make it anywhere within this division of Apple. -Sexual harassment is huge at Apple. I was a target as well as a lot of other women I knew there. -Absolutely no culture whatsoever. Very very corporate feel. You'd think that a company that is historically known for being innovative, creative and on the cutting edge would try to mirror their corporate culture in that way.... but NOPE.

Advice to Management

Value women in the workforce, combat sexual harassment. Work on company culture. Work on training your employees well. Value and reward employees. Give decent benefits and pay. Stop the high level of micromanaging.

Proud to be part of an excellent company

Current Employee - ASIC Design Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - ASIC Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brand value. Pride in working for widely known company. Get a chance to be among most competitive people. Chance to learn lot of things in quick time.

Cons

Not much interaction among colleagues other than work.

Advice to Management

Poor facilities (not even have proper canteen and TV, no games, no recreation not even small gym inside).

Apple Care

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Everyone is very nice and professional

Cons

Have to pass 3 test

10. great job

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company, products, benefits and culture

Cons

Hard if not impossible to advance

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities to advance career

Work here only if you have to

I worked at Apple

Pros

-Benefits. Thats it. Only reason to take this job is if you need healthcare

Cons

-Pay is low. Barely enough to make it in Austin. You're lucky if you start at 16 dollars an hour -No upward mobility. You will not move upward unless you are willing to put in a decade here. -Management is completely messed up. Managers move laterally to other roles and you'll get a new manager every 6 months or so. -Morale is spiraling down. On my team, the turn over of full time employees was large. A person leaving every two weeks or management finding a reason to fire employees for minor reasons when they themselves call in sick constantly. I was on a team of 20 people, within 6 months 12 were gone. A new person would be added, another person would leave. Terrible morale. -Management does whatever the heck it wants while front line people are treated like work horses. At some points, I would see my manager maybe once or twice a week because they are calling in sick or taking time off. -Everything is metrics based. Quality used to be the focus when Jobs was CEO but efficiency has been the focus over the last two years. -The job is soul sucking. Dread going to work everyday. -Work all holidays. For three years I missed thanksgiving and xmas with family -Getting time off is a pain. You are in competition with other team members for days off.

Showing 218 of 5,376 reviews