Apple

4,098 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,266 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 246 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 215 reviews)

Cons
  • Time off needs to be requested well in advance making work/life balance a challenge (in 252 reviews)

• Work can be very demanding with long hours depending on the group you are in (in 151 reviews)

More Highlights

174 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Amazing Family of Coworkers

Current Employee - Allocation Execution Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Allocation Execution Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The best part of this job are the people. Our group is so dynamic, comes from all walks of life and yet cohesively works together to get things accomplished. We are the touch point that ensures orders are no longer an intangible number in the system, but a tangible product on it's way to the customer. Whether dealing with online orders or orders for big box retailers, we make it happen.

Cons

The job requires dealing with a lot of numbers and you need to have a keen eye for detail.

Apple Inc

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

No flexibility and less salary

Some really great people work there, though it's important you choose the right department

Former Employee - AppleCare Content Team in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - AppleCare Content Team in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are many amazing people who work there.

Cons

Stay out of AppleCare unless you want a regimented work existence (for the most part, and from my experience).

Never lose sight of the morale of your employees.

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Education Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Education Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is cool and environment is fairly relaxed.

Cons

They will work you hard though. Be prepared to work nights, weekends and holidays.

Give advisors Christmas day off.

Great if hired on directly

Current Employee - Mac Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Mac Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The company is great. Great benefits, pay, the facilities are nice and the people are amazing. The equipment you work on is also a perk as it is the latest Apple machinery.

Cons

The managers can be overbearing and fake. The metrics are crammed down your throat and there is always the possibility of getting fired when you are on contract. It is like you are a class lower than the "Apple standard" employees. Not allowed full perk access or benefits- it's horrible.

Find a new agency to get your contract work through and stop treating people like servants who are unworthy until they are given a badge.

No longer a company you want to work for

Current Employee - Chat Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Chat Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Apple used to be a good company to work for and there was plenty of chances to move up in the company. That has now changed.

Cons

Over the past year it seems they have moved the upper management from China to the US. They have have stopped trying to staff for the amount of business they were receiving and instead required everyone to work overtime far more than normal with complete disregard for their employees. If you like paid slavery then this is the job for you.

Stop looking at employees as numbers and remember they are actual humans.

Great place to work if you can go with the flow.

Former Employee - Team Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The health insurance is great, and Apple has a great cafe. The building and work environment are great, and you always the latest technology at your disposal.

Cons

There is a methodology to everything. Free-thinking and innovation, surprisingly, in the customer service space is generally frowned upon by management.

Opportunities abound. There is plenty of room to grow here.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Despite some public opinion, Apple is an extremely ethical company. Lots of smart peers to learn from. Opportunity for growth when you demonstrate potential.

Cons

Not really a con, but expected: compensation generally lags behind performance. Work can be very ambiguous at times. Many peers are spread very thin. Apple has a "show me" culture which generally requires you to work periods of double-time to prove your own ideas.

Awesome company for growth

Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The possibilities are endless in this company. Almost every month there are different positions that are available for you to apply. The culture is extremely laid back. The managers (most) really care what you have to say and work with you to meet your career goals and help you develop into an awesome leader.

Cons

I'd say it is very difficult in some departments to be noticed, considering there are LOTS of people that do exactly what you do. Overall what I am trying to say its you absolutely have got to be the BEST or innovative (which is key) to be noticed and can get a promotion or raise. My opinion, a 5-10% increase in the current salaries / per hour increase would be just fine considering that we work our butts off.

Keep up the good work. Management is excellent. Maybe focus more on career building.

Best job I've ever had!

Former Employee - IOS Apple Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - IOS Apple Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people!
    Everyone from management to cafe staff are welcoming and they're a creative bunch that truly believe in Apple, in Apple's culture, and in the products.
    Plenty of opportunities to network with the beer bashes and other employee enrichment events
    The pay is phenomenal and the benefits are amazing
    Apple truly cares and treats you like a family member no matter what
    Management IS truly there to help you advance and hone your skills and make you a better person
    They're so involved with community and health issues and it's good to see a huge company such as Apple giving back and caring for their employees and their families
    Not your regular 9-5 desk job!! They emphasize fun and they mean it. Yes, it's corporate but the atmosphere is laid back and the campuses in Austin are HUGE. You'll see anyone on any given day with a hula hoop in one hand and their MacBook Pro in another
    Love love loooooved this job!
    I truly felt like I was improving my customer's lives and I even cried with one customer because she was so happy! This is a great feeling.

Cons

Sometimes it could get stressful because the customers could be quite demanding but there was always someone there to help you out on the other end
    Work/Life balance could be a bit hectic but as long as you showed up when you needed to be there and didn't abuse the absence policy you were fine :)

Keep up the great work!