Apple Bank

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Alan Shamoon

1 Employee Review

Good place to start off a banking career.

Teller (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Apple Bank

ProsWorking as an Apple Bank teller was a pretty simple job. All you did was pretty much just do transactions for customers. There were NO sales goals which I found surprising. Traditional bank that closes very early.

ConsEven when you attempted to make a sales pitch, you were seen as different and misunderstanding of my job title. Management did not encourage the attempt at selling banking products nor did they give the tools to help you understand all Apple had to offer, which wasn't much. The referral bonuses were laughable, they consisted of tickets to plays, gift cards to mcdonalds and other stuff that would NEVER encourage you to get a referral. This was a place to just come and clock in, balance you box and then leave. Everyone is unhappy working there and very serious. it was a bad experience.

Growth opportunity is almost nonexistent. It is near impossible to get a promotion. I've known many employees that have the same job title ever since I worked there, many include working in the same position for 10-20 years. These positions included Supervisory (Vault) Teller and Operations Manager (main teller manager), None were inspired to be a CSR, Assistant Branch Manager or a Branch Manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a clear and concise career path within the company to enlighten and inspire individuals to stay and advance in the company.

Worked for Apple Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple Bank CEO Alan Shamoon. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple Bank employees.