Apple
3.9 of 5 3,437 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Apple Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments"
    in 195 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 185 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 168 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 131 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fantastic place to work.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Cupertino, CA

ProsEngineers at Apple get to make real contributions that will benefit tens or hundreds of millions of people everyday. That's awesome. Everyone makes substantial contributions to one or more products. I think incredibly highly of all of my co-workers. They do some of the best engineering work I've seen anywhere.

ConsProducts go out the door on a schedule. Those schedules can be aggressive. If you can't deliver, you are left behind.

a good place to work hard

Intern (Former Employee)
    Cupertino, CA

Prosa company that everyone loves: the world will cheer you just because you wear that badge
    great products, with a focus on perfection - you are constantly pushed to do better
    a dynamic work environment: everyone's contributions are valued

Conslong work hours, probably too long at times
    the focus on perfection can become stressful when deadlines approach
    secrecy all around the place: you can know a lot about what goes on in your group, but anything beyond that is a mystery

Awesome people and a great atmosphere.

Specialist (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

ProsIf you enjoy fast paced environments and always having to think on your feet, it is the perfect place for you.

ConsThere are no cons for working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

Austin, TX

ProsOpportunity for advancement, great people, great pay, great experience, overall just a great time, good fellow employees, 8 bucks a month for a gym membership, definately one of the best companies to work for, its great & i love it!

ConsI cant think of any, they give out free apples to employees, cons would just be those that apply to all companies in general, whatever that may be!

Advice to Senior Managementit would be super awesome if volt employees could also use the gym! oh and maybe all employees would get free iPhones? haha just sayin :)

very nice at working with apple

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosgood to work with apple

Consnice to work with apple

Enriching Lives

Manhasset, NY

ProsThe atmosphere in the store is unlike any other. Not only that, but the amazing collection of personalities, minds and atitudes that make up the Apple family make it impossible to enjoy yourself while working. Putting smiles on a persons face after showing them something new is just an amazing feeling. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

ConsThe only downside of working at Apple is the fact that I have to go home at the end of the day. I honestly love this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team at Apple are the most supportive I've ever had the pleasure working with. At previous jobs, I always felt somewhat daunted when approaching management. I used to feel that managers didn't care about me. But my sentiments have changed. At this company, the management team feels almost like the advisory feeling you would get from a grandparent. They're calm, understanding and caring. If every company operated at a fraction of the way Apple does then the world would be a different place.

Setup for success

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
    Elk Grove, CA

ProsThe company is innovative, the corporate culture is amazing. You are truly setup for success when you start working there. I have found that management is open and ready to help.

ConsThings can get stressful we're a company who releases new products constantly and you have to be up on the latest technology all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting my job at Apple made the day the last company I worked for laid me off the best day of my life.

Great Culture

Jacksonville, FL

ProsFlexible, Great Culture, Decent Retail Pay, Above Average Benefits, Exciting Job

ConsDepends on management and location of experience. Promotions are mostly laterale without pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on how to promote growth within your employees.

great place

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Cupertino, CA

Prosgreat company, great people, vibrant env

Consyou have to dedicate yourself, its a 24/7 thing

All employees are over-qualified and stuck working there, due to Apple's hiring process based on personality.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsIt is a prestigious place to work because the best personalities are hired on.

ConsRetail hierarchy, the corporation holding a carrot in front of your nose incessantly. Laughable wages, and even more bitingly hilarious system for raises.(not based on individual performance and is only once a year. Best wage increase being $.50-$.75 to hope for.)

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is actually impossible to be promoted to management as a Specialist because all the hiring is done based on personality. Managers have entirely different personalites as Specialists, so a Specialist could never aspire towards it; one cannot change their own personallity.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 208 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.