Apple

3.9 3,491 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,839 ratings)

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,491 Employee Reviews

Very Professional, High-Quality Experience

IPhone Intern (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsEverything here is pedal to the metal. High-quality work effort from everybody. It's a great place to learn.

ConsWork/Life balance is hard to maintain. The hours are sometimes out of hand. There is some disparity in regards to different departments. Some departments receive better perks than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more creativity from departments other than ID. Allow an open forum for product development.

Senior Advisor

AppleCare Senior Advisor (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsWorking from home in my PJ's, no commute except down my hallway, can take a nap on lunch. Great pay no exceptional pay. Consistent pay promotions at least once a year if you work hard. The best benefits Ive ever had and stock options and 401K

ConsWorking from home requires dedication and focus. Its very easy to become distracted. Also while your taking calls your manager is not sitting right next to you. You need to imagine that he or she was.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a little easier for annual performance review to have better raise amounts. It seems that you work so hard and apple has very high expectations of you and if you hit these expectations the raise amount could be better. Especially for a company with 20 billion in liquid assets.

Good if you can handle a busy retail environment

Genius (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsEmployee stock purchase plan, healthcare, product discounts, efficiency, using all Apple technology, working with a great team

ConsInconsistent schedules, customer interactions, lack of advancement opportunities

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful place to work!

Specialist (Former Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsGreat people to work with and that makes for a great atmosphere. Plus, you get to play with the coolest toys and it's called work.

ConsYou're always on your feet because there is never any slow time and customers are always in a hurry to get out of the crowded store.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you position people throughout; it's the worst when customers can't get help.

Apple

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIts a great place to work at

ConsThe location wasn't as good as it could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to work for all my friends

ConsHours are crazy if you like them

Apple retail is a target, not a destination...

Business Specialist (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsThe people are great, the products are fun, and the launches are exciting... This is an incredible job to work in if you are lucky enough to have a great manager, and have outside opportunities for income to subsidize your salary.

ConsApple does not hire many quality managers anymore; they are becoming much more numbers and revenue focused, and less concerned with employee experience. I was at the company for several years before, and several years after. Two different companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring someone like Ron Johnson back. Once he left, the company went down hill.

Great sales job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe products and the people.

ConsSelling pressure. To intense of an attendance policy.

Two thumbs up

ProsGreat work balance and love my job

ConsNone to think of currently

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with front line staff

Best job i ever had

Manager (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

Prospeople, culture, values, teamwork, staff, customers, work life balance, room to advance

Consinner turmoil in some stores, managers accused of thing they hadn't done, some managers unfortunately working the system though, and not getting in trouble for the wrongs they HAD done. Too many managers letting the "power trip" go to their heads, too many issues becoming HR issues.

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair, be consistent, don't sleep with your employees IN or OUT of the store. Golden rule should always apply.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!