Apple

www.apple.com

Apple Reviews

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

Good For Tech Support I Guess

Home Advisor (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsI can't complain about the benifits or the pay. Also other people think it's cool. Working at home is nice. Customers are very nice compared to other call centers. Lots of perks.

ConsIt's still a phone tech support job and that is still awful even at Apple. In fact it might be worse because management does not have your back and is often reactionary to minor statistical fluctuations that don't persist over a day or so. Management often seems unfamiliar with the process of how we do our job and is a source of misinformation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHere is how statistics work: If you average a 14 minute hold time over several months, one day of having a 15 minute hold time on the first of the month does not mean that you suck now. At least wait a few days to see if the trend holds up. Also do research before giving bad solutions.

Hope you drink the cool aid

Specialist (Current Employee) Thornton, CO

ProsApple is one of the most innovative companies in the world. Being part of it is fun and interesting. Every day I learn something new and amazing about mac computers and devices. Full time benifits are great.

ConsYou have to completely buy into to the "Apple Speak" if you want to move up in the company. They say we are not a numbers driven company, but when it comes to promotions and pay raises you are partially based on those numbers. Also if you don't hit the numbers you get hassled about how you can position it better. Also to move up, they expect you to take on much more responsibility with out pay bumps or promotions. For example a sales specialist will be expected to order things for the break room. Incoming specialist get paid around $11 an hour with out commission. in a 6 month period I alone brought in $250,000 to the company. At a 1% commission that's $2,500! Plenty of people hit $1 million for the year!

Advice to Senior ManagementI was up for a promotion to an FRS position, I was by far the most qualified. The manager told me that "You haven't paid the price of admission." After being with the company for a year, pulling long hours doing overnights and launches, I haven't paid the price of admission? All because I am not going to grand stand my accomplishments, and because I am not willing to sell One To One to people who don't need it. We are supposed to be thinking about our customers, but the managers at my store only have the numbers on their mind.

Apple is a horrible place to work if you love the product.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsGreat access to new and cool technology. Great to work with young people my age and share knowledge. Fantastic if you like helping people through problems or teaching them how to use their devices.

ConsHorrible management structure. Some "Specialists" are not keen on the techno lingo...which creates problems for the "smart" ones in the store that end up fixing mistakes for everyone. No flexibility in management rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and honest. No caddy bs. And please be on the same page. It is very annoying to play the "mom vs dad" game when trying to help out a customer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

9 years of running wind sprints

Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsWonderful to be a part of growing the most fantastic retail company in the world. Good benefits, health, and discounts, and fun teamwork.

ConsHigh stress, moved from store to store many many times. They would raise the bar of how much we were to do and then level off for a bit and then raise the bar again... this was repeated many times in a year. Continual change... daily change... constantly changing gears.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere were amazing managers there, but some were just not. The stress was overwhelming and some knew how to diffuse it and work WITH a team but others just let it fester within.

a good place to work hard

Intern (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

Prosa company that everyone loves: the world will cheer you just because you wear that badge
    great products, with a focus on perfection - you are constantly pushed to do better
    a dynamic work environment: everyone's contributions are valued

Conslong work hours, probably too long at times
    the focus on perfection can become stressful when deadlines approach
    secrecy all around the place: you can know a lot about what goes on in your group, but anything beyond that is a mystery

It has been a great ride.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsSalary, cooperation among different groups, ethics, and bleeding edge work.

ConsLately, a lack of equipment to do the job and excess secrecy/security.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up - we're not leaking secrets. Stop being cheap with the tools we need to work.

Apple gave me quite an opportunity and experience overall.

Senior Sales Incentive Analyst (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsCasual work environment. Management accessibility. Opportunities exist. Dynamic environment. Never boring. Great cultural diversity. Pride in products and innovation. Prevalence of team effort. Generally great co-workers.

ConsSubstandard compensation. Poor work/personal life balance. Constant focus on whether your departments is considered one of the privileged, company-essential ones. Benefits have been considerably downsized.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more of what you can invest in your employees and you'll reap the benefits. Loyalty, dedication and appreciation should go both ways.

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsFlexible, Great Culture, Decent Retail Pay, Above Average Benefits, Exciting Job

ConsDepends on management and location of experience. Promotions are mostly laterale without pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on how to promote growth within your employees.

I learned much more than I expected to grow as a programmer.

Intern (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsGreat recognition.
    Opportunity to work in a huge, impactiful company.
    Be surrounded by incredibly smart co-workers.

ConsToo much secrecy.
    Company is not open to share information and knowledge between departments

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little more feedback on the performance of the employee

wonderful

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat 401 k benefits, flexible schedules, great people to support you, comfortable work environment, very understanding time and attendance policy

Consi have no complaints as of yet.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!