Apple

3.9 3,495 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,841 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy(in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,495 Employee Reviews

No Work Life Balance at All......The only thing that matters is to meet the schedules

Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsWorking on top technology with extremely hard working and smart people.

ConsNo work life balance at all, everyone seemed and treated as a disposable resource, crazy work hours, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop some leadership skills so people don't just follow you out of fear for their jobs.......

Retail hell....

Business Specialist (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsEmployee discount and employee stock purchase program...

ConsAlthough it's Apple, Apple Retail is still retail with career retail managers running the ship...The experience as an Apple employee really depends on your manager. If you have a narcissistic manager, your life will suck. Apple Retail attracts many college educated employees that have goals of advancing to corporate. This rarely happens...Apple Retail is the farm team for the "Big Leaguers" in Cupertino.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetail is retail...

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood environment. I've been working at Apple for 3 years and I love the company and the products. Great benefits with matching 401K, school reimbursement, life insurance, etc. Great culture!

ConsLots of changes and very little training. Salary is very low compared to other companies and seems like that new employees that are being hired are starting with higher salary than employees that are in the company for years. Very hard to get promoted. The Austin campus is growing a lot and they are hiring more new employees than promoting from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that if somebody gets promoted to another position, that same position needs to be fulfilled, but "ignoring" the current employees is not right. It's every employee desire to grow within the company instead of having to look for a better career opportunity outside.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible, Talented People; No Life

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsThe People.

So many amazing, smart, talented, passionate people. If you leave the company, you will dream about working with a similar-calibre team again, and you will realize that it may not happen. Treasure it while you're there.

ConsNo life.

Apple is your life. The high expectations around both output & quality will drive you to do excellent work, but your life will suffer. Add to this the insane hours commuting and you can bid your fun times farewell.

After a few years of this grind, you may expect to be promoted. Forget about that. You may be able to move up the pay scale, but an actual promotion is a unicorn among cattle.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile I gripe about the work/life balance and lack of career opportunities, if I were in upper management, I would probably make the same choices. It's amazing how much productivity is achieved from a (relatively) small number of employees.

Low pay, crazy hours, lots of micro-management

At Home Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsIt's Apple, biggest company in the entire world. You get to help Apple customers resolve issues with their devices. You'll get a lot of training, and learn more information than you thought was available. Excellent medical benefits.

ConsPoor quality IT systems that regularly go down, making it hard to provide the best support to customers. Lot's of micro-management. Crazy rules for schedule bids.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've got 150 Billion in the bank. Kick a little of it down to your front line support advisors, many of whom are underemployed in this poor economy. Also, don't be cheap - give your advisors a pay increase when they accept a rotation in a senior advisor role. That is keeping some talented folks from pursuing these rotations, and are instead looking for other opportunities outside of AppleCare, and even outside of Apple.

Too much hype

Mac Genius (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsWorking for the "coolest" company on the planet.

ConsBeing bombarded by everyone you know, asking when the next iDevice is coming out.

Politics

FRS (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsGreat learning experience and great while going to school.

ConsNo stright path, need to play the game.

Advice to Senior Managementset a career path for employees

Apple Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsAmazing work environment, talented people, Cafe Macs =).

ConsEverything is so tightly controlled there is little room for self ownership or creative freedom.

Apple - The good, the bad and the ugly.

Apple Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood culture. Decent discount on products. Great people. Thorough training program.

ConsManagement has no consistency. Long hours, not much flexibility when it comes to scheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and more consistent.

Hire to create redundancy, then lay off, rather than creatively find solutions to improve teams with current employees.

Specialist (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsGood pay, health insurance, and stock has grown providing additional benefits.

ConsLacks trust and authenticity. It's about EXTERNAL image. The products are great, but internally individuals don't have value.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers lack empathy, skills, to develop personal growth in their employees.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!