Apple

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,550 ratings)

3,096 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits package if you're lucky enough to get full-time"
    in 182 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 177 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 157 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 127 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Work Culture

Design Verification Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros1> Good Pay
2> Open to Talk

Cons1> Expects too much
2> Very aggressive

Best place to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple

Prosoverall it's one of the best company to work for

Conspeople are very fast moving

Good (not great) products, no humility.

Attorney (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsGood technology, very visible company, smart people that really want to make the best products they can.

ConsThe company is too full of itself to be open to new ways of thinking. If you don't fit into Apple's culture of secrecy and paranoia (even for the next versions of products that have already been in the market for years) you won't do well. The company has grown too big to be able to innovate, and is too proud to really listen to its customers (although internally, it insists that it does). Apple is very good at believing its own hype. There are lots of corporate politics, much more than I've seen elsewhere. There is very little attention to work-life balance: expect to have much more to do than you can finish in a week.

Everyone is dealing with ambiguity

Orlando, FL

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPays well for what your doing, other employees are supportive, a lot of discounts. Great if you enjoy talking to customers.

ConsLeadership doesn't seem to understand the job when setting expectations for metrics. Clientele can be extremely abrasive. How to move within the company is unclear or misleading.

Advice to Senior Managementthee benefits of the position. The work given that is outside the role expectations are often just place holders for a role that is denied or used as reasons to not promote, because not enough focus on their hired role

Arrogant people too afraid to do anything innovative after Steve died

Marketing (Former Employee)
Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe name is great. You finally made it to the top! Now what.
Lots of friendly, very intelligent people

ConsThe company does not know where to go
not open to new ideas
all about the bottom line.
expected to work 60 hours at least a week
the "golden days" are gone. seemed like a much better place to work if you talked to people that have been there for more than 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to go back to being about the people and culture you are serving. Stick to what oyu know, and make it better. be open to new ideas.

The company doesn't want to convert contractors

I have been working at Apple

ProsDecent Pay. Good learning opportunity

ConsVery little upward mobility or chance for conversion.

Great community of coworkers, but micromanaged

Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, even for part-time employees. Different work zones so you're always doing something different. Very picky in who they hire, so you're always around smart and talented individuals. Lax dress code. Great discounts! They stress that feedback is always open and welcome, which while it can be frustrating at times, is overall effective and helpful.

ConsThey micro-manage the hell out of you. ALSO if you ever plan on going into management, know this is a very difficult route if you come in as a specialist or really anything other than manager. They like to hire outside the company for all manager/store leader positions. Not saying it's impossible to work your way up (there's one manager at my store who did), but generally speaking it will take forever. Apply as a manager or for the ASLP program.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing us. You hand picked us for our skills and abilities which should correlate with how you treat us on the floor. Most of us have college degrees or are working towards one, and we all have previous experience related to this job. We know what to do, don't micro manage just so you feel like you've done something managerial for the day.

Bottom Line

Specialist (Current Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than 5 years

ProsHas benefits for part time and discounts. Discount for family and friends as well. Many artistic personalities on the retail floor. Challenging work. Great products to work on.

ConsAttendance policy is hard to maintain. Turn over is huge. Its like a revolving door. People come and go so quickly! Always hiring and in groups because of the great turn over. Its retail first and upfront! Its all about being there and on time, only 5 minutes allowed for error. NO paid vacations or sick leave for part timers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit the attendance policy as it is harsh! Many good people are walked out for time and attendance and have so much talent to contribute! Room for advancement is minimal. Ive seen new hires get positions that existing employees have applied for.

Memorable, but time to move on

Business Specialist (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsStore team, benefits, training, compensation,

ConsManagement, inner-workplace politics, ambiguity, work life balance

Amazing company...retail leadership is disconnected.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsThe work is not as challenging as other retailers and you are given the ability to make the right choice for your customer. Great health benefits.

ConsThey say that their soul is their people yet the customer is treated like royalty while employees receive very little additional perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and be present inside of the stores. The quality of my work is only known by the stories my manager shares rather than actually being present.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 3,096 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.