Apple

Apple Reviews in Dallas, TX

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent place to work

At Home Adviser (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork from the comfort of your own home. You're treated fairly and given many opportunities for working your way up the ladder within the corporation.

ConsThe schedules change every six months and if you need to have a consistent schedule because of children it can sometimes be very difficult to keep adapting to your new schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall management was great. Within a corporation there are some things that you just can't get away from such as sometimes feeling like you are talking to a robot. The answers can be almost read verbatim from the corporate rulebook. But overall you're treated so fairly that it is not that much of a negative.

Very entertaining, enjoyable, and great friends are made but incredibly busy to exhaustion.

Famiy Room Specialist (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsVery clean, interesting to be a part of one of the top grossing current tech companies in the world, hours are very simple and it's easy to leave when your actually supposed to leave at the end of your shift as most customers and staff understand retail hour policies.

ConsSo busy that it becomes chaotic at points and becomes hard to hear yourself think as the stores can become so loud and after some time the job becomes repetitive as most of the products sell themselves and the time span for new products to come out is extremely long.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions are a must and if they do not happen often enough, just like with any company, people begin to leave and their work performances drop dramatically costing the company more than if the company gave promotions.

Amazing company .. best job ever!

At Home Advisor Cpu Tech Support (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible work schedule. Over the average on the pay scale. Great benefits. Discounts and perks. Positive environment. Apple goes the extra mile to really take care of support all their employees.

ConsI have found no cons to working for Apple.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing because those of us who work with Apple will never leave.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former iOS/CPU Senior Advisor

AppleCare Senior Advisor (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsA great company that is perceived as prestigious to gather up a ton of experience.
    The name alone certainly grabs the attention of other I.T. firms quickly and respectfully.

ConsCommunication Communication Communication
    It is all to often that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Which as a result leaves both customers and employees sharing the same frustrations. It's also an utter embarrassment for the company being the supposed leader in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is going to have to get out of the bubble and start living in the real world. The advisors need "in hand" the very products they are supporting. There are a large number of great advisors there that their intelligence is based on vision. It is urgent that the company start to put those very products in the hands of those that support them. Everything should not have to be based on theory....remember this is the real world. After all Apple can afford it

Awesome

Program Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTHe technology that apple has produced are amazing and getting to share my knowledge with the people in the community is a really fun experience.

ConsThe popularity factor of all of Apple's products are skyrocketing which is also causing a big rushto get things out there.

Apple retail has top notch management and great training for advancement.

Specialist (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWorking at the Apple Store is a fun and energetic experience. Every customer who comes in the door has different needs and different problems. Finding the solution that fits that customer is very rewarding. The company treats it's employees well and promotes training for advancement inside or outside the company. The benefits help offset the low retail pay. Insurance for full or part time workers, 401k, profit sharing and product discounts are nice benefits.

Conslow pay and bad hours are all a part of the retail experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't regurgitate what you learned in your training to your employees. Too many of the pep talks to employees are canned and unimaginative. To use a cliche, think outside the box.

A great temp job while aligning your career opportunities.

Business Specialist (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat customer service training.
    Great benifits (health, etc.)

ConsVery low wages. Promotion opportunities are more titles than wage or salary.

Advice to Senior Managementconsider long range opportunities and offer competitive wages and salaries.

All employees are over-qualified and stuck working there, due to Apple's hiring process based on personality.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIt is a prestigious place to work because the best personalities are hired on.

ConsRetail hierarchy, the corporation holding a carrot in front of your nose incessantly. Laughable wages, and even more bitingly hilarious system for raises.(not based on individual performance and is only once a year. Best wage increase being $.50-$.75 to hope for.)

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is actually impossible to be promoted to management as a Specialist because all the hiring is done based on personality. Managers have entirely different personalites as Specialists, so a Specialist could never aspire towards it; one cannot change their own personallity.

good

Help Desk (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Proscommunity feel and limitless resources to help balance work and quality of life.

Consschedules were done by shift bids so your work schedule would change every 6 months..sometimes not for the better

Great time.

Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAwesome environment, I would recommend everyone go.

ConsNone that I can think of. It's a great place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo there.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!