Apple Reviews

Reset
3.8
Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook

Pros
  • great benefits for part time employees (in 246 reviews)

• Competitive atmosphere; great peer work environment (in 215 reviews)

Cons
  • ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance (in 252 reviews)

• Something great requires long hours (in 151 reviews)

Itunes customer service rep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work envoirment, very relaxed and easy work. Technical help was super fun and easy via email. Solved majority of people's tech problems via email.

Cons

The temp agency they go through is messed up.

Advice to Management

Go through a different temp agency

2. Data Entry Representative

Current Employee - Data Entry in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

A fast paced environment, that you have to reach goals. Everyday of your work week.

Cons

If your not uesd to working with products then this is not a place

Advice to Management

I'm open to any available positions that my experience can be utilized

Great company, good job at least for a few years

Current Employee - At-home Technical Support Senior Adviser in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - At-home Technical Support Senior Adviser in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, and more. Working from home means no commute, which in turn means lower car insurance rate, more sleep, cheaper lunches.

Cons

Schedules change every three months, and 75% of them are some degree of awful. Working from home can be lonely and isolating, so not recommended for people with conditions like depression or who otherwise need to be around people. Also, the longer you are an the phones, the less you like the job.

Advice to Management

Create a clear, consistent path to advancement, including training for those who need it. Don't hire outside people for management positions, and try not to pair managers with advisers who have been with the company longer than they have.

Okay

Former Contractor - Contracted Sorter in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Contractor - Contracted Sorter in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job and the training was sufficient for newcomers or contract workers.

Cons

Very low pay rate and difficult work environment because of the turnover rate of employees.

Advice to Management

It's better to promote loyalty by hiring people and provide good benefits than to hired a bunch of contract workers during peak periods.

6. Work hard and get recognized

Current Contractor - QA Engineer in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Contractor - QA Engineer in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

You can get recognized if you know a lot or you know someone up high if you are green and can do sweet talk to your boss

Cons

Slow pace for smart people, don't need to tell me how to do my job and just tell me what you want and when you need it

Advice to Management

Make something happen

7. +/- being a contractor as a Tier 1 CPU Technical Support Advisor at Apple

Former Contractor - CPU Tier I Technical Support Advisor in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Contractor - CPU Tier I Technical Support Advisor in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

4+ weeks of up-front classroom-style training, then 2 weeks of shadowing "on the floor" training prior to going live. Lots of opportunities for skills upgrades, DYI tutorials for educational purposes. Plenty of monthly team activities; great onsite cafe w/ healthy food options; team camaraderie was strong; tremendous sense of accomplishment on a daily basis, when helping resolve customer issues.

Cons

Can be very stressful, day-to-day on the phones, especially during the first few months until you get into your vibe. Work schedules shift every 3 months, which is particularly challenging for those of us with families and regular school schedules. You would work weekends, nights and holidays OFTEN. Typically after 6 months on the floor, as a contract-employee you are eligible for the hiring process to full-time; that process is shrouded in secrecy and it's NOT clear what to expect going in...OR how decisions about your candidacy are made AFTER you've interviewed.

Advice to Management

Be more forth-coming about the hiring process for contract-employees; there's a lot of needless stress about this process and a little insight going in to it would be helpful.

8. Elk Grove Warehouse Bldg A

Former Contractor - EFFA in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Contractor - EFFA in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a good learning environment for those interested in the technical field. You definitely can learn about many different types of product that come out of this company.

Cons

To be hired here you must go through a Temp. Agency and they nor Apple can careless about the warehouse employees. You gotta get permission to go use the restroom and get water. They don't want you to even talk to your co-workers unless your on break, even when there is downtime and there can be a lot of that depending on the time of the year.

Advice to Management

There are many talented employees that work in your warehouse. You should maybe actually get to know them and you would have t o hire from outside with some of the talent you have in that warehouse. Slave owner mentality shouldn't be how you run your business.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Elk Grove, CA

Pros

Working for Apple is every bit as cool as you would think it would be. I get to work from home, contribute to a dynamic global brand, and truly enjoy what I do.

Cons

I have to type at least 20 words here so I can complete this review, so I will simply say that there are no cons working for Apple.

Advice to Management

Management does an amazing job, and really delivers on all that Apple claims to stand for. Employees are treated like we really matter, and that goes a long way.

10. Not bad for contracting in a warehouse setting

Current Contractor - Lead in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Contractor - Lead in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Standards are very easy to get along with; they care more about fixing problems than assigning blame. Huge plus in my book.

Cons

Be careful of having Apple asking you to do too much. I've see contractors do things way outside their contracted scopes. For a tech company, I'm surprised at the lack of technology to improve processes or to reach out to sister warehouses for process improvement. Lack of documentation at critical points was surprising. Extremely competitive job market internally. Some employees lack initiative. "We're too big to fail" mentality seems to have creeped in.

Advice to Management

Drop the importance of profits on any one specific warehouse, do things for the good of the company and your stated values. Stick to Jobs' philosophy towards designing amazing products and drop the variations that's killing opportunities to be efficient.

Problem Coordinator

Current Employee - Problem Coordinator in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Problem Coordinator in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment to work, coworkers are intelligent and helpful with daily tasks.

Cons

Repetitive, not much room for growth on the Elk Grove campus in the IT Helpdesk role.

Advice to Management

Keep working on an avenue to move people up through Helpdesk in other positions of the company or management.

Showing 55 of 5,641 reviews