Apple

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

191 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

You have a chance to work with exceptional people. You can also gain a significant amount of skills.

Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExceptional people, flexible schedules, competitive compensation

Consgrowth is limited, penalties for workers not performing up to standards are non-existent,

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the workers who genuinely care about the company. Those with a passing interest will not help sustain a healthy working environment.

Specialist

apecialist (Current Employee)
Huntington, NY

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt is a great place to work for. The people are awesome and it's like another home

ConsWish the company paid it's retail employees more. Would like to see more opportunities to advance into corporate positions

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to pay employees more.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

ASLP

ASLP Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat:

- Company
- Values
- Leadership

ConsOpportunities:

- Movement into corporate if you're coming from a leadership position at a flagship store

Great Company

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Company, Team Work, Funny Culture, Energetic Team Kickoffs

ConsRetail hours, not the smartest customers, general public

A very fulfilling ride with a company that values its employees as much as it does its customers

Back of House Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe stores are always very popular, regardless of where you are, so if you enjoy interacting with different types of people, this is a place you might wanna go. Like its customers, Apple's employees come from 101 different backgrounds, so you learn to mix with people unlike you & make satisfying relationships with people you probably wouldn't think twice about. For me, the people I worked with were one of the best parts about it the company.

ConsThe stores can get overwhelmingly crowded, so I wouldn't recommend those with claustrophobic tendencies play amongst the people. As the company continued to grow, expand & evolve, the relationship between leadership & teams began to resemble a "ball & chain" like quality, which in most cases, I'm sure trickled down from the top, where the powers that be at retail spit new rules & regulations & force-feed them down the chain. This type of scenario typically played out in scheduling, where it almost became detrimental to your future with the company to have a life outside of Apple, simply because they wanted you there so often, even if you came on as "part-time."

Great culture, great friendships, no upward movement from Retail to Corporate

Trainer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe friendships I have made will last me a lifetime and the health benefits are top notch. Within the years I have been with the company I worked hard and eventually made it to the position I was aiming for within the Retail stores. The Time and Attendance policy has gotten sightly better.

ConsThere's no real room for movement from Retail to Corporate the way it used to be. It doesn't feel as if Corporate knows what it's like in the stores anymore, or they do and just don't care as long as they are making their money.

Good company

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood stable company strong stock

ConsPoor leadership in NYC making poor decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementBad environment

Retail Is Retail

Apple Retail - Expert (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company, takes care of employees for the most part and a good working environment

Consdaunting when having to deal with customers who 90% of the time are ungrateful and rude.

Become a member of the team, but do not expect to do so and be satisfied in the long-term.

Family Room Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking at Apple gives you access and exposure to amazing technology and the company of kind and interesting co-workers.

ConsA frequent dismissal of personal needs by management in favor of even the most ungracious, and often disrespectful, customer's.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the credo: If people are your most valuable asset, act like it. Too many times, I felt unsupported and thrown under the bus by management so that a customer's tantrums could be quelled.

Apple is an amazing company to work for.

Trainer (Current Employee)
Garden City, NY

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsApple offers on the job training in a team environment; they don't just hand you a manual. You are in control of what you want to do for Apple. The employees are energetic, smart, fun, creative and extremely talented.

ConsIt is hard to reach management from a starting position. The personal growth is up to you. There is no clear career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more receptive to ideas and change.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 191 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.