3.9 of 5 3,436 reviews

189 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Experience

Specialist (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prostraining, work-life balance, great benefits, relaxed work environment, great pay

ConsOpportunities for growth, hard to get into corporate

Apple

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIts a great place to work at

ConsThe location wasn't as good as it could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice

Crazy retail hours, great people and work environment.

Apple Retail Specialist (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe benefits (healthcare, discounts, etc) are sweet, and the people are amazing.

ConsRetail work hours are what they are. Don't expect to have anything close to a 'regular daily routine' ever again. Higher pay would be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider commission oriented quarterly bonuses for retail employees. A way to reward for hard work, without sacrificing the morals of the company and service experience.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Great Place to Start a Career

Mac Genius (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIf you dive into the work at Apple you can expect to be rewarded handsomely with life long skills that are transferable to anything you may want to do. The amount of focus on personal development with both soft and hard skills makes working for the company like being in a major league farm system that will eventually get you recognition to move into almost any field of your choice.

ConsWhat has kept me at the company as long as I have been there is certainly the 401k, ESPP, Health Benefits, and Personal Development. What keeps me wanting to find other employment is the retail schedule and the wages. Coming out of college the wages are probably the best there are out there for someone with little to no experience. Sustaining a family and making it a life long career is just not possible for the majority of people unless they can mange to move their way into management and that is no small feat when you are surrounded by incredibly talented and driven people.

Great place to work

Back of House Specialist (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsFlexible hours, good pay, friendly environment

ConsStore was open for 24 hours, which was rough ... some seriously crazy hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove the one to one sessions.

Great Company

Operations Specialist (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat company and benefits. Management is open to conversations regarding the job, and performance.

ConsManagement is on top of employee attendance and adherence to schedules and breaks. There is little room for growth and development at flagship locations due to the fast-paced and high demand environment. Poor attendance policy for being in such a metropolitan area. Difficult work-life balance, because it is retail and little prep time is given for product launches

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust attendance policy to accommodate tardiness from mass transit.

Great on a resume, frustrating pay

Apple Family Room Specialist (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsYou love most of your coworkers. Apple makes a point to hire interesting people and the training is honestly incredible. It results in my coworkers supporting me in ways that I've never known before. I know this job will look great on a resume once I get genius, which is why I've stayed as long as I have. Health care is amazing. They pay for your metro card.

ConsFull time employees are not allowed to have any sort of set schedule in any way, can not even request a specific day off consistently without kickback. Leadership is passive aggressive and misleading. They will not give you real feedback or a timeline for growth. If you are not a genius, you are technically certified and not being paid well. They push you to pursue "Apple quality" customer service, but are unwilling to pay you for the level of exhaustion you reach from a consistently overbooked, never-ending, NYC genius bar queue. Those receiving genius promotions are even being paid less than they used to be. It's a bummer.

Apple

Lead Creative (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosgreat work environment and job opportunity

Conswork life balance is key to employee

Advice to Senior Managementpeople first

life changing experience

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, Great Benefits, Always Challenging in a good way

Consvery demanding schedule. Hire at will agreement.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up.

A great place to work!

Genuis (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLife is always in the air. People are satisfied with their products and you feel part of a team

ConsNo perceivable growth. Apply somewhere else if you are looking to achieve higher milestones

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings in New York State — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 189 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.