Apple Reviews in Paramus, NJ

3,715 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,002 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Exhilarating and rewarding to work for an organization that focus's on the employees and the customers needs.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist  in  Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

Team environment. Everyone, no matter what level helps out with customers. Management is very employee friendly.

Cons

Sometimes, not often, short of staff. This puts pressure on the rest of the employees to multitask. Very difficult when the store is crowded with customers.

Keep producing the best products in the world and keep focusing on developing the staff that you have.

Genius

Former Employee - Genius  in  Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Genius in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You meet amazing people here and the benefits are phenomenal

Cons

Favorites play a big part here.

Lead Creative

Current Employee - Lead Creative  in  Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead Creative in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I work with wonderful people

Cons

The customer base is becoming less and less accountable for their tech.

Develop from within.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accepting and open minded of numerous backgrounds.

Former Employee - Family Room Specialist  in  Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Family Room Specialist in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Apple gave you the chance to have fun at work and work with truly wonderful people. You get a chance to meet a number of different people on a daily basis. If you are a people person then this is the place to work. The pay, the company makes so much money they have no choice to pay the employees well.

Cons

It's kind of like high school, there can be groups of people that are similar in taste, but that can happen anywhere. Unfortunately, there is a little bit of naivety and unrealistic looks in the real world. There is a phrase, "Drinking the Apple Juice." Where you get so imbedded that you believe the company can do no wrong and is the end all be all. It isn't, it's retail and definitely not real life.
    With this comes an attitude that the managers kind of look at the employees like they are children. They try and assign busy work instead of respecting people's individual talents, skills, and rolls. Many have developed a my way or the highway scenario, which doesn't get companies or employees on the right path. If you want to be respected as an individual and welcomed, you'll be ok. If you want to be seen as an individual with ideas being recognized on a daily basis, then you'll have to suck up and never speak your feelings if it's against the popular opinion.

Remember, it is retail but your employees are not teenage kids. These are adults with long and full experience in the workplace.

Extremely rewarding!

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Specialist in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with a diverse team that truly becomes family!!!

Cons

Next to impossible to move up.

Create more oppertunities!

Excellent working environment.

Former Employee - Creative (Apple Store)  in  Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team centered working environment. Excellent opportunity for growth.

Cons

Retail hours are no fun.

Fun place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great pay, great people, pretty cool benifits, and pretty shirts.
    The amount of people you will meet from this experience will be beyond your imagination.

Cons

Even though there are so many perks to working there, the requirements of the job are repetitive. Customers who are there are often impatient and unwilling to stick around for the full treatment. Leadership will impress upon you time after time that you must present everything with a slight undertone reminding you that it's not about the macs that you sell but about the attachments that you make.

My sole advice to management would be to be more selective during the hiring process and more cooperative as a management team. During my time there I've only seen the quality of employees decrease as their quantities increase. This is both a disgust premeniation for the quality of the company's future as well as a sign of weakness on the part of the managing team. If they are to continue as a high end retailer they need to continue to remain being just as selective with their employees as they are with their products.

Apple employees are the rock stars of retail

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Apple

Pros

The soul of Apple, and it's strong point, is the people. Everyone you work with is proud and excited to be there. Everyone believes in the product(s) and are extremely knowledgeable about everything Apple. This was the first place I worked where everyone got along, where I made close friends with, and felt proud to be a part of.

Working at the Apple Store isn't because you want to make money; it's because you want to spread the word about the product because its changed your life and you want to help others do the same. I love it when a first time Mac user comes in and realizes that there is something other than the mainstream PC that will not only work for them, but that they'll have fun with. I can't count the times when a customer makes the switch from PC to Mac (or even Zune to iPod) and they come back just to say "hi" or to tell us how great it's working for them. Apple employees are not regular retail workers. We are the rock stars of the retail world. When a customer comes in and asks where something is, we don't just point a finger in the opposite direction. We personally help out customers according to their needs and find them the best solution.

It's a common thing to be on a first name basis with regular customers. I love welcoming people back to the store. They're surprised you remembered them from the one time you helped them out, and that you even remember their name and situation. Working with people at the Apple Store is on a personal level, and that is what makes our customer service excellent.

Cons

The only time I felt there was a downside to working at Apple was when it came for a promotion. Granted, working at Apple means growth and moving up. However, I felt that there were several times that there was favoritism going on, as far as promotions. There have been a couple of instances were those being promoted were very close with management, and many felt that the promotion was more deserved to another employee who worked longer or harder.
    Another similar situation that has happened before would be when an employee is promised a certain promotion or is "next in line" for an opening position, and then it is given to someone else.

I feel that the management team is one of the best teams I've worked with. Most of the staff at the store became friends. However, there were times when life outside of work interfered with professionalism, such as favoritism with promotions.

Apple-the most fun you'll have at work!

Current Employee - Concierge  in  Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Apple

Pros

It's terrific to work for a place that has become such an iconic and reputable company, not to mention the fastest growing retailer in history. The products are second to none, and Apple has really figured out the best way to attract new customers, and maintain customer loyalty with old ones. The structure and hierarchy in the stores are unique to any retailer, making us the current envy of just about everyone. Everyday there is some extremely fun component or thing that happens that makes showing up to work an effortless task. I would recommend a job at Apple to just about any qualified individual. It's a great feeling to work for a company that truly does change the fabric of peoples' lives, everyday.

Cons

The atmosphere at Apple is never dull, and on days when most stores in the mall are dead, Apple is overflowing with people. This is great, but is often hard to keep up with, making for a challenging working atmosphere. The training process, though long, is at times not thorough enough, putting people on the floor to sell and answer questions who don't have a solid enough working knowledge of the product. Another huge downside is Apple's "closed-lip" policy about its product development. People expect us to know the latest scoop about what's coming out next or how something is changing, and it's frustrating that Apple works so hard to ensure that we're in fact the last ones to know. In those terms, the lines of communication are unsettling. Another disturbing thing to me is the fact that Mac Specialists are forced to compete in the "numbers" game with regards to the "attachments" that they sell with the computers. This is how the company determines an employee's worth.

I would advise management at all levels to take a closer look at the people they hire and promote within the company. The opportunities for growth within the company are vast, but are often made available to people who are not perfectly suited to the posts. I would also urge the higher-ups in the retail division of the company to listen more intently to what is going on at the store level, and act quicker when attention is needed in a particular area or for a particular thing. For example, it's taking the company 2-3 years to approve and act on the remodeling of our store, which was constructed to the old model of how retail stores were designed. Our store is also without a working AC unit, and it has taken the company 2+ years of being tenants in that space to propose what to do. I suppose that's just corporate retail.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!