Apple

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,573 ratings)

3,119 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits package if you're lucky enough to get full-time"
    in 182 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 177 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 157 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 127 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great experience, a good entry-level position for those in tech/analyst support

AppleCare At Home Advisor (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

ProsWork balance is good
Amazing Benefits
Work at Home
Constantly trained and up to date on latest software, technologies, and services.
Good Upward mobility
Networking is great.
Discount + Perks
Great resume builder/entry level position in tech/computer industry
Management is friendly

ConsHired as part-time initially, had to work for at least 9-12 months to be consider for advancement to full-time so that was probably one of the biggest cons.
Pay is moderate to moderate-high. I think the pay should be a little more for the amount of work and hours put in. Otherwise working for the company was a blast and enjoyed every minute of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire on at-home advisors for full-time. Out of my whole experience, I would say nearly 90% of all the AHA part-time I interacted/worked with wanted to be full-time instead of part-time. Its hard for anyone to make an honest living on the AHA part-time budget only. The people I worked with were mostly higher educated (bachelors degree or more) and have matching experience. We work hard and care for the position and the corporate culture and want to move up within the company. Pay them as they should. at least full-time from the point of hire or increase hourly pay.

Great benefits, tough job

Human Resources HelpLine (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsApple is a good company to work for. There is room to advance and benefits are very good.

ConsThe HR HelpLine job is very demanding. The phones and emails are non-stop and you can rarely catch up. Overtime is readily available. Many want to leave but the benefits are too good to give up. The shifts rotate and range from a start of approximately 7:30AM or end of 8:30pm or later. If you have day care deadlines this job will not be suitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the HR staff like professionals and less like a call center. Work to minimize the "drama" and playing favorites.

Paradise of jobs

Product Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time

ProsApple offers crazy benefits, and competitive salary. By competitive I don't mean a couple grand more in a year, I'm talking about a 2X / 2.5X salary. This place is a sea of knowledge. Never seen a more dedicated group.

ConsWork life balance may be a bit tricky, people work their butts off here and surprisingly, at least for me, I don't ever mind stay a few hours late, because I am treated well and can't go 10 feet without running into something incredible.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost managers I have met are doing an excellent job.

One of the Best Jobs I have ever Had

AppleCare At-Home Technician (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

ProsThere are so many benefits that come with this Job. Never have I had a job that provided so much for me. As a college At-Home advisor I was given flexible hours and full benefits when I worked only 20 Hours a week.

ConsThe job is very demanding. The metrics that you have to meet are very competitive. During holidays there is a high demand for overtime

Great security, great corporate culture

Apple Genius (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood job security, room to grow within company, great coworkers and team members

ConsRetail hours are all over and difficult. Customers can be draining.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to communicate with each other better.

A phenomenal company to get to work for.

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

ProsThe benefits of working for this company were the benefits offered for both part-time and full time associates as well as competitive compensation for retail.

ConsAt times I felt like others that were putting in less work and effort than myself were moving up and I think that its important to ensure that people are going to be hard workers prior to being promoted.

This is the best company to work for! I did not know employers like this existed!

AppleCare At-Home Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsApple really cares about its people. How they treat you makes you want to really take care of the customers and the company.

ConsSometimes the hours are less than desirable, but higher metrics ensure a better choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing; you're doing amazing!

Best Retail Job But It's Still Just a Retail Job

Family Room Specialist (Current Employee)
Glendale, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPlenty of career development opportunities and support. Dedicated time allocated each month for self-guided training.
Benefits are good; many healthcare options, matched 401k contributions, discounted stock options, etc.
Discounts available on Apple and 3rd party products.
Great managers and co-workers (depends on store though). Usually a very positive atmosphere.

ConsIt's a retail job with retail hours and slightly above average retail pay.
Discounts aren't particularly deep and Apple makes a tidy profit from its own employees' purchases.
Compensation doesn't match the skillset and knowledge required. FRS role is a blend of Genius and Creative whilst getting paid the same as a part-time entry-level Specialist.
Specialists who are routinely selling $100k+ of goods per quarter will never earn even $40k annually. You definitely wont be able to afford a mortgage. You'll probably be grateful to afford rent within 5 miles of an Apple store. Just thinking about it will ruin your day.
Apple is no longer allowing employees to specify a preferred weekend day off, so you get to pick a day off Mon-Thurs and hope you don't work all weekend.
You're dealing with the public all day, some of whom have no sense of responsibility (or sense at all).
Too many people fighting for too few higher-paid positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementApple Retail is crucial to Apple's success, yet the compensation does not provide an incentive for talented individuals to stay more than a couple of years before 'real world' opportunities lure them away to enjoy better hours at twice the pay.
Apple talks big about work/life balance but the reality is grim. I'm looking elsewhere so that I can spend more time with my family, and earn enough so we're not living paycheck to paycheck.

Great place to grow and meet amazing mentors.

Creative (Apple Store) (Former Employee)
Aventura, FL

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsCareer advancement is possible, personal and professional growth programs, good compensation, fast paced.

ConsIt IS one of the busiest places you'll ever work at.

Interesting work environment but it's not for everybody

Technical Support Agent (Former Employee)
Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor for less than a year

ProsApple does alot of team building and tries to recognize it's workers in many ways that make for a feel good environment. It's nice they have a cafe inside their offices so you don't have to leave work and drive away to find lunch.

ConsDoesn't tend to pay enough to support a life outside of work. I realize that a company is in business to make money, but workers need to have a the financial ability to have a decent life outside of work. It is also in the best interests of a company like Apple to have employees that can afford a decent vacation once or twice a year. The business model today seems to be a never ending revolving door for contract based employees that are only allowed to stay so long before they must leave for at least six months.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise your pay standards. Imagine trying to support a family on the base you pay your contractors.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 3,119 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.