Apple

3.9 3,533 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,871 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights
3,533 Employee Reviews

Great place to work

Apple At Home Advisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits, super even! Management is always looking for ways to help you to improve and that works for you in the long run.

ConsI've been there 2 years and I dont see any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

Challenging, Demanding but rewarding.

Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsThe level of talent is high. Very few B players. Lot of experience around. Good for a engineer with 5-8 years of experience to come and learn new things.
    Pace is incredible, everything is critical. Nothing stays fixed for too long. Forced to adapt into a "problem-solving" mentality.
    My boss is most likely smarter than I will ever be. I have never felt that way.
    I am yet to have my appraisal, but they do cash bonuses, which I have never had before.
    Pay seems to be above industry averages.

ConsIntense. Intense.
    My boss is smarter than me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay me more.

Apple Was My Job, Not My Life.

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsFor a retail position, compensation and benefits were solid. Lots of good training and many opportunities for temporary assignments around the company. Apple goes out of their way to seek out talented individuals who are interesting, engaging and usually fun to work with. Products speak for themselves.

ConsWork/Life balance can be terrible. Even for a retail specialist, leadership constantly asked people to come in early/stay late, work days off, etc, especially around product launches. Our leadership team was increasingly difficult to satisfy - their drive for results was bordering on maniacal, which took a lot of the Apple magic away from our store and ultimately burned out a lot of their top talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work at!

Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsGreat place to work out. Apple Inc offers a fair work environment and everyone works cohesively.

ConsThe pay is good up until you need to move up the ladder. There isn't much of a pay raise.

Great as long as you don't stay too long.

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing coworkers, some of the most incredible people I've met and had the great fortune to work with.
    Very interesting customers. The good ones definitely outweigh the bad ones.
    Great benefits, good pay for a retail job. Good discounts.

ConsNot really a lot of upward growth unless you want to be a Manager. Depends on the store but our leadership wasn't great and it didn't seem to matter who higher up we gave feedback to about them. Not allowing any sort of set schedule is really hard for work-life balance and unfair, no matter how they spin it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead NPP. Go in to stores and sit down individually with random people. Listen and develop game plans. Act but don't act so quickly with everything that you don't think of consequences of your actions.

Senior Advisor at Apple

Senior Advisor (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA

ProsGreat pay discounts and benefits, great culture, great opportunities for advancement.

ConsThe main con is the work-life balance and the schedules everyone gets. Apple is heading in a direction I don't like when it comes to employee work-life balance. Also, your success at Apple depends heavily on if you have a good or bad manager in your corner.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your people are just that, people, who have lives and limitations, and not machines who crunch numbers. Put the focus on them first, then the customer, and you will see great results.

Great benefits, limited promotions.

Business Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe benefits at Apple are fantastic, and the pay is decent for the positions.

ConsMost of the "promotions" given are just lateral moves with different job titles. There is not really much opportunity for promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits and vacation benefits are excellent. The managers at the company continue to hire in their friends from their previous jobs instead of promoting the talent from within.

Stable company with solid business model and innovations

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsWork Life Balance
    Pay (assume you get good RSU package)
    Salads - $4
    No BS interview questions, more applied
    Very Hands on

ConsA lot of politics
    Not diverse enough, especially in IS&T
    Hard to move up if you don't have connections
    Too many crappy consultants that is given work because of former connections with apple badged employees

Advice to Senior Management30 bad consultants cannot substitute one good engineer

It's the hardest you'll ever work, the most you'll ever be challenged, amongst the smartest people you'll ever work with

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsApple is still the foremost case study in dedication to product and customers. While base salary and bonus are market-level, stock benefits are top of market.

ConsIt's all in the eye of beholder: talk to any current or former Apple employees and they will say the same thing, which is that there is very little work/life balance, yet they love and are inspired by what they work on. Travel is frequent.

It lives up to the hype

Applecare Advisor (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

Pros-Amazing benefits packages that are even offered to part time employees
    -Very good wages
    -Friendly coworkers
    -Lots of room for professional development and growth
    -Education is encouraged

Cons-The hiring process takes a while and can lead to an awkward gap between jobs if you don't currently have one (but is completely worth it)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been nothing but great to me! They are constantly asking me if I have any questions or anything they can help me with, and when I do the answer is always close by.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!