Apple Reviews

3,698 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
1,967 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

Wow! Much better from the inside... much much better

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you land a job in a great team at Apple you'll have:
    - No product managers, no scrum = no micro management.
    - No processes, just do it right and own it.
    - You're not a resource but another rock star in the band.
    - Just a very few meetings.
    - You hear exciting stuff!
    - Your work matters.
    - Everyone is focused.
    - Lot's of extra perks on top of the usuals.
    - Surrounded by the smartest people in the valley. Yep... forget about google/facebook.
    - Unlimited resources (made in Apple of course) on demand, hardware, code, software, etc.
    - Flexible environment as long as you get your work done.
    - They treat you very well at Apple if you're in a great team.
    - Food is amazing throughout the campus.
    - Offices are amazing, high quality.
    - Commute to/at work is easy (bikes, shuttles, coach, etc).

Cons

... I can't think of any Cons... they judge you on what you've accomplished since day one. If you're new you better keep it low profile until you ship something great. Also, when you talk about something at Apple make sure you know the topic very well. No yakking.

Keep the good work!

Great student job (At-Home Advisor)

Former Employee - At-Home Advisor  in  Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - At-Home Advisor in Eugene, OR

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay. Work around your class schedule. Work from home. Managers are supportive. Lot of mentorship and development by both direct supervisors and continuous training. They often send gifts boost moral and create a sense of team.

Cons

Nothing really bad to say. The job itself can suck at times. Customers can be really demanding and rude. BUT, once you get into your routine, the few bad calls you get are easy to deal with.

Apple retail was wonderful in the early years, changed a lot after Steve died and Ron Johnson left.

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Apple Retail has some really great people, good benefits and for the most part, a fun environment.

Cons

It's retail, awful hours, some awful customers and while they talk "work life balance" you are expected to work often with little notice and EVERY weekend. In the early 2000's it was all about the customer experience, now it's all about selling and how much can we make off of a customer. I had a manager actually tell me "I expect $5,000 an hour out of transactions like that". After giving Apple 11 years of my life, that was the last straw....

Get back to the basics that Apple Retail was founded on.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning from Challenge and Change

Current Employee - Apple Expert  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Apple Expert in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A distinctly fast paced and challenging environment where it is beneficial to begin to foster and nurture business relationships with clientele on a personal level. I find it very easy to talk to people and want to get to know them as people, not just as customers. The camaraderie that people develop with their customers, both internal and external is incredible.

Cons

Even though the senior corporate leadership is fantastic, skilled, proven and driven to make a good product and take care of its people, the retail leadership is highly lacking. The tendency is to hire people from the outside (Target, for example) who are not familiar with the internal Apple culture and ascend them into leadership roles, rather than spend a little more time and a little more money to develop leaders from within the Apple retail family.

Rethink your retail business model, especially when it comes to hiring outside people to lead your stores. You say you are passionate about your employees, retaining and developing them into being whatever they want, well, prove it. The soul of your company is your people. The face of your company is your Retail Stores. when you hire sub-par people to lead AMAZING sotres, you are going to get sub-par results.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, super even! Management is always looking for ways to help you to improve and that works for you in the long run.

Cons

I've been there 2 years and I dont see any cons.

Keep doing what your doing!

Great company that lets you discover your leadership

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing culture and the pay is great for retail. There are so many stores so it makes it easy to move around and try new things.

Cons

While there are lots of avenues to try at Apple, there can be so many roadblocks in getting to the next step.

Nobody enjoys playing the political game. Recognize people for their contributions rather than judging on if you like them or not.

Awesome

Current Employee - Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people you work with and the great benefits.

Cons

Young employees not understanding how good of a job it is working for Apple.

At- home Team Manager

Current Employee - At Home Team Manager  in  Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - At Home Team Manager in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company with amazing people. If you work hard and do your job, you will move up. This company is all about career development if you do your part and work hard. The work is extremely satisfying and I love what I do. Love the comfort of working in my home. They also send lots of t-shirts, mugs, totes, and other cool stuff that truly make you feel appreciated. Best place to work.

Cons

None, other than have a more strict policy on hiring. Weed out the clowns who don't have a strong work ethic and are just there to try and get out of working.

Keep up the great job. It's nice to see a company that cares about it's employees and their career development.

An amazing enviornment that is fun and demanding.

Former Employee - Apple At Home Advisor  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

They create an environment that allows you to build great relationships with your coworkers. Amazing benefits and good pay. They also paid for my school after a year.

Cons

It was very demanding and tough work at times. Sometimes I would get frustrated because of how much there was to do but they always provide the resources to help.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Red Zone Specialist  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Red Zone Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Apple part-time

Pros

Benefits are great all the way around...from commuting, personal purchases, stock and health insurance. Apple really believes in helping you reach your goals and encourages professional development. Exciting, positive environment to work!

Cons

Work - life balance is important to Apple but it becomes a little difficult during holidays and when a new product launches.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!