Apple

3.9 3,485 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,835 ratings)

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,485 Employee Reviews

Great as long as you don't stay too long.

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing coworkers, some of the most incredible people I've met and had the great fortune to work with.
    Very interesting customers. The good ones definitely outweigh the bad ones.
    Great benefits, good pay for a retail job. Good discounts.

ConsNot really a lot of upward growth unless you want to be a Manager. Depends on the store but our leadership wasn't great and it didn't seem to matter who higher up we gave feedback to about them. Not allowing any sort of set schedule is really hard for work-life balance and unfair, no matter how they spin it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead NPP. Go in to stores and sit down individually with random people. Listen and develop game plans. Act but don't act so quickly with everything that you don't think of consequences of your actions.

Challenging, Demanding but rewarding.

Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsThe level of talent is high. Very few B players. Lot of experience around. Good for a engineer with 5-8 years of experience to come and learn new things.
    Pace is incredible, everything is critical. Nothing stays fixed for too long. Forced to adapt into a "problem-solving" mentality.
    My boss is most likely smarter than I will ever be. I have never felt that way.
    I am yet to have my appraisal, but they do cash bonuses, which I have never had before.
    Pay seems to be above industry averages.

ConsIntense. Intense.
    My boss is smarter than me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay me more.

Great place to work at!

Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsGreat place to work out. Apple Inc offers a fair work environment and everyone works cohesively.

ConsThe pay is good up until you need to move up the ladder. There isn't much of a pay raise.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Apple At Home Advisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits, super even! Management is always looking for ways to help you to improve and that works for you in the long run.

ConsI've been there 2 years and I dont see any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

Hoping to spend the rest of my career at Apple!

Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee) Valencia, CA

ProsApple is a company that thrives on smiles. This makes for an extremely encouraging environment in which employees support each other and the customers love being in the Apple store.
    Long story short, the staff is like a big family encouraging each other to succeed and thrive.

ConsIf you don't like smiling, enjoying your job, and being given the tools and encouragement to succeed, this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with what you're doing because Apple has crossed every T and dotted every i.

It's the hardest you'll ever work, the most you'll ever be challenged, amongst the smartest people you'll ever work with

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsApple is still the foremost case study in dedication to product and customers. While base salary and bonus are market-level, stock benefits are top of market.

ConsIt's all in the eye of beholder: talk to any current or former Apple employees and they will say the same thing, which is that there is very little work/life balance, yet they love and are inspired by what they work on. Travel is frequent.

Great company, great team.

Specialist (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFantastic coworkers. Apple typically hires fairly interesting and well rounded people. It is a fun environment where you can make great connections. You gain a wealth of knowledge and skills that make you valuable to other employers.

ConsRetail is retail no matter how you look at it. Some stores more than others have politic games you have to play to move in any direction. Typically if you want to be a manager, you have to leave then come back. Apple hires externally for management despite the talent it has groomed.

Apple Was My Job, Not My Life.

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsFor a retail position, compensation and benefits were solid. Lots of good training and many opportunities for temporary assignments around the company. Apple goes out of their way to seek out talented individuals who are interesting, engaging and usually fun to work with. Products speak for themselves.

ConsWork/Life balance can be terrible. Even for a retail specialist, leadership constantly asked people to come in early/stay late, work days off, etc, especially around product launches. Our leadership team was increasingly difficult to satisfy - their drive for results was bordering on maniacal, which took a lot of the Apple magic away from our store and ultimately burned out a lot of their top talent.

Specialist

ProsApple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy.

ConsNot enough room for development.

Apple

Expert (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood people. Really honest company.

ConsLots of buzz words that management throws out but doesn't act on sometimes but its not terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like the last two years people stopped moving up from within the company.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!