3.9 of 5 3,433 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,796 ratings)

3,433 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments"
    in 195 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 185 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 168 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 131 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Senior Advisor

AppleCare Senior Advisor (Current Employee)
    Aurora, CO

ProsWorking from home in my PJ's, no commute except down my hallway, can take a nap on lunch. Great pay no exceptional pay. Consistent pay promotions at least once a year if you work hard. The best benefits Ive ever had and stock options and 401K

ConsWorking from home requires dedication and focus. Its very easy to become distracted. Also while your taking calls your manager is not sitting right next to you. You need to imagine that he or she was.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a little easier for annual performance review to have better raise amounts. It seems that you work so hard and apple has very high expectations of you and if you hit these expectations the raise amount could be better. Especially for a company with 20 billion in liquid assets.

It's the hardest you'll ever work, the most you'll ever be challenged, amongst the smartest people you'll ever work with

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Cupertino, CA

ProsApple is still the foremost case study in dedication to product and customers. While base salary and bonus are market-level, stock benefits are top of market.

ConsIt's all in the eye of beholder: talk to any current or former Apple employees and they will say the same thing, which is that there is very little work/life balance, yet they love and are inspired by what they work on. Travel is frequent.

Awesome Company, Crappy Managers

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsThe training is amazing. Outstanding people work in the team over all. The way that team work is exemplified really raised the bar on my expectations in other retail/sales based positions. I loved my time with customers and my time in the company... in the areas of team relationships and customer relations.

ConsManagers behaving like children. A senior manager being hired with a prior felony check fraud conviction with time served. Managers having favorites and utilizing bad politics to promote team members. Extreme lack of concern for overall well-being of team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Apple

Mac Genius (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThe people that work at apple retail are all very talented individuals the company has provided me tons of tools to use in my career and my lifestyle.

ConsThe expectations of delivering a phenomenal experience while providing you with less and less time to work with customers. The pay has gotten lower and lower as apple Growth has increased over the past years.

Advice to Senior ManagementMicro-managing can be a tool to help an employee get the hang of the job but should be balanced.

Apple

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIts a great place to work at

ConsThe location wasn't as good as it could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice

Great

ProsGreat fun place to work

ConsCan be very stressful sometimes

Great place to work, not a career

Family Room Specialist (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsExcellent training, highly rewarding and fast paced. Many perks such as holiday bonus gifts and paid time off.

ConsPay is mediocre and scheduling can be demanding. The points system is at best flawed and management makes all the difference.

Great Experience

Specialist (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prostraining, work-life balance, great benefits, relaxed work environment, great pay

ConsOpportunities for growth, hard to get into corporate

Great people who are under-appreciated.

Specialist (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsFast-paced work place, great co-workers, exciting projects.

ConsDifficult to move up in the company as everybody is seen as replaceable. That's what happens when you work for the most admired company in the word.

Very fast paced environment, and I have learned a lot.

ProsYou learn a lot in a short period of time, learn to multitask, learn to work as a team.

ConsOverall I am satisfied with my time at Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 3,433 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.