Apple

3.9 3,536 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,874 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights
3,536 Employee Reviews

Great place to work

Apple At Home Advisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits, super even! Management is always looking for ways to help you to improve and that works for you in the long run.

ConsI've been there 2 years and I dont see any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

Apple Was My Job, Not My Life.

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsFor a retail position, compensation and benefits were solid. Lots of good training and many opportunities for temporary assignments around the company. Apple goes out of their way to seek out talented individuals who are interesting, engaging and usually fun to work with. Products speak for themselves.

ConsWork/Life balance can be terrible. Even for a retail specialist, leadership constantly asked people to come in early/stay late, work days off, etc, especially around product launches. Our leadership team was increasingly difficult to satisfy - their drive for results was bordering on maniacal, which took a lot of the Apple magic away from our store and ultimately burned out a lot of their top talent.

Challenging, Demanding but rewarding.

Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsThe level of talent is high. Very few B players. Lot of experience around. Good for a engineer with 5-8 years of experience to come and learn new things.
    Pace is incredible, everything is critical. Nothing stays fixed for too long. Forced to adapt into a "problem-solving" mentality.
    My boss is most likely smarter than I will ever be. I have never felt that way.
    I am yet to have my appraisal, but they do cash bonuses, which I have never had before.
    Pay seems to be above industry averages.

ConsIntense. Intense.
    My boss is smarter than me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay me more.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work at!

Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsGreat place to work out. Apple Inc offers a fair work environment and everyone works cohesively.

ConsThe pay is good up until you need to move up the ladder. There isn't much of a pay raise.

Senior Advisor at Apple

Senior Advisor (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA

ProsGreat pay discounts and benefits, great culture, great opportunities for advancement.

ConsThe main con is the work-life balance and the schedules everyone gets. Apple is heading in a direction I don't like when it comes to employee work-life balance. Also, your success at Apple depends heavily on if you have a good or bad manager in your corner.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your people are just that, people, who have lives and limitations, and not machines who crunch numbers. Put the focus on them first, then the customer, and you will see great results.

Great benefits, limited promotions.

Business Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe benefits at Apple are fantastic, and the pay is decent for the positions.

ConsMost of the "promotions" given are just lateral moves with different job titles. There is not really much opportunity for promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits and vacation benefits are excellent. The managers at the company continue to hire in their friends from their previous jobs instead of promoting the talent from within.

Stable company with solid business model and innovations

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsWork Life Balance
    Pay (assume you get good RSU package)
    Salads - $4
    No BS interview questions, more applied
    Very Hands on

ConsA lot of politics
    Not diverse enough, especially in IS&T
    Hard to move up if you don't have connections
    Too many crappy consultants that is given work because of former connections with apple badged employees

Advice to Senior Management30 bad consultants cannot substitute one good engineer

Very good and rewarding experience

Apple Genius (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsPeople, training, teamwork, knowledge base, work/life balance, benefits, pay level

Conscustomer entitlement, very competitive landscape

Best job for college EVER

Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe pay is AMAZING. I'm a senior in college and even without my degree, I'm making more than my friends that have graduated make with office jobs. You'll get what you put in.Everyone you work with is valuable and talented so expect to be challenged all the time.

ConsIt can be monotonous in between product launches. It's also REALLY hard to get promoted. Most people have to leave, work somewhere else, then come back to get a higher position.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down. Develop relationships. Recognize your high performing individuals more and compensate them accordingly. Not everyone wants a monetary raise. Sometimes, giving more responsibility and autonomy will go much further.

A company that does try to make its employees happy.

ProsThis review goes for the retail side, but the people at the stores are what make the place unique. With such an eclectic and talented group of people, this place is never a dull moment. It is also good to know that the members of your team have your back.

Time allotted for personal growth and training is also something management tries to make a priority for team members. Time before each shift is given for personal development and in addition, group training sessions are offered 2-3 times per quarter...not bad.

ConsSometimes movement upwards can be difficult.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!