Apple

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,575 ratings)

3,129 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits package if you're lucky enough to get full-time"
    in 182 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 177 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 157 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 127 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great experience, a good entry-level position for those in tech/analyst support

AppleCare At Home Advisor (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

ProsWork balance is good
Amazing Benefits
Work at Home
Constantly trained and up to date on latest software, technologies, and services.
Good Upward mobility
Networking is great.
Discount + Perks
Great resume builder/entry level position in tech/computer industry
Management is friendly

ConsHired as part-time initially, had to work for at least 9-12 months to be consider for advancement to full-time so that was probably one of the biggest cons.
Pay is moderate to moderate-high. I think the pay should be a little more for the amount of work and hours put in. Otherwise working for the company was a blast and enjoyed every minute of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire on at-home advisors for full-time. Out of my whole experience, I would say nearly 90% of all the AHA part-time I interacted/worked with wanted to be full-time instead of part-time. Its hard for anyone to make an honest living on the AHA part-time budget only. The people I worked with were mostly higher educated (bachelors degree or more) and have matching experience. We work hard and care for the position and the corporate culture and want to move up within the company. Pay them as they should. at least full-time from the point of hire or increase hourly pay.

Great benefits, tough job

Human Resources HelpLine (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsApple is a good company to work for. There is room to advance and benefits are very good.

ConsThe HR HelpLine job is very demanding. The phones and emails are non-stop and you can rarely catch up. Overtime is readily available. Many want to leave but the benefits are too good to give up. The shifts rotate and range from a start of approximately 7:30AM or end of 8:30pm or later. If you have day care deadlines this job will not be suitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the HR staff like professionals and less like a call center. Work to minimize the "drama" and playing favorites.

Paradise of jobs

Product Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time

ProsApple offers crazy benefits, and competitive salary. By competitive I don't mean a couple grand more in a year, I'm talking about a 2X / 2.5X salary. This place is a sea of knowledge. Never seen a more dedicated group.

ConsWork life balance may be a bit tricky, people work their butts off here and surprisingly, at least for me, I don't ever mind stay a few hours late, because I am treated well and can't go 10 feet without running into something incredible.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost managers I have met are doing an excellent job.

One of the Best Jobs I have ever Had

AppleCare At-Home Technician (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

ProsThere are so many benefits that come with this Job. Never have I had a job that provided so much for me. As a college At-Home advisor I was given flexible hours and full benefits when I worked only 20 Hours a week.

ConsThe job is very demanding. The metrics that you have to meet are very competitive. During holidays there is a high demand for overtime

Great security, great corporate culture

Apple Genius (Current Employee)
Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood job security, room to grow within company, great coworkers and team members

ConsRetail hours are all over and difficult. Customers can be draining.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to communicate with each other better.

Expert

ProsLaid Back and fun environment

ConsManagement is not as lenient

Apple is great

Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat products coupled with great customer service equals great experiences. Apple strives to make every customer feel like they are part of a much larger family.

ConsI have nothing negative to say about Apple.

A phenomenal company to get to work for.

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

ProsThe benefits of working for this company were the benefits offered for both part-time and full time associates as well as competitive compensation for retail.

ConsAt times I felt like others that were putting in less work and effort than myself were moving up and I think that its important to ensure that people are going to be hard workers prior to being promoted.

Good company to work whole life

I have been working at Apple

ProsGood company to work whole life

Constoo much politics, too much travel

Great Team & Process

I have been working at Apple

Pros- Awesome Team and management around you
- Your work will get recognize on spot
- You will get involved in all discussions & phases of project

Cons- Company Benefits not that great, just good.
- Wont maintain same team in long run,You will change teams n projects frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain same team collectively in long run.You will get more better results.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 3,129 reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.