Apple Reviews

3,745 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,026 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

Company genuinely cares about you!

Former Employee - Family Room Specialist  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Family Room Specialist in Stamford, CT

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits
    - great work environment
    - great salary (especially for retail)
    - lots of peer support
    - lots of management support
    - lots of learning experiences and resources
    - opportunity for advancement
    - opportunities for "career experiences" in corporate roles, for retail staff (underutilized, apparently. go for it!)
    - you become really good friends with your peer group, or maybe even family!
    - Amazing sense of belonging and community
    - great stepping stone to new career, if that is your choice

Cons

- Too much "drinking the kool aid". WAY too much. I hope this is an apt metaphor: Imagine you have an 8oz cup in your hand. They pour a 64oz pitcher of Kool-Aid into your 8oz. cup. Then they pour a pitcher of sugar into the same cup. You get diabetes. The amount of company propaganda is absolutely astounding and excessive to point of being absolutely ridiculous, wherein you feel like a caricature of yourself wearing this blue shirt. This is coming from me, a lifelong Apple fan since 1987 (the year I started using computers).
    - FAR too much bashing of anything that isn't Apple. Apple has now decided as a company, to compare itself to Samsung and Google, etc etc. It used to decide not to compare itself to anybody. This shows everywhere from development to retail attitudes.
    - Willing isolation from and ignorance of the rest of the world of technology. Apple exists in a bubble, and those within the bubble are blissfully unaware that any other technology is relevant and useful. I heard one employee say that Microsoft Office is going the way of the dinosaurs. Nobody called him out on this. What dream world is he living in???? Isn't it better to learn Apple's technology in a way that helps it workably coexist with other technology? This is equally as important as learning the Apple ecosystem, which, yes, in itself is amazing.
    - Training is too general, not specific enough to help sharpen one's technical skill set on a consistent basis.
    - No ongoing training program to keep your technical skills sharp and up to date. Instead, they offer "Pathways", which is meant to improve your social skills. Great! But isn't that why they hired us to begin with? You have to search Apple's technical reporting system for relevant known issues, which is fine but if you don't (and a lot of techs don't) you usually find out what those are when a customer has a problem and you don't know the answer. One person who happened to look at iDesk might know the answer, but if they're not available, you may end up giving the customer the wrong solution. The signal to noise ratio of important, specific information is a total mess.
    - "I can't believe they re-arranged the lockers. I'm thinking about quitting now." Everyone joins in agreement. Really, guys? C'mon. Again, as I mentioned in my point about the Apple "bubble", the perception of reality can be largely distorted. Management has to work REALLY REALLY hard to bend over backwards for every little thing. So how much energy do they have left over to make sure their techs are up to date, or that sales staff knows their specs and has good ways of explaining tech to non-tech people? Apple is very big on managing expectations for customers (great, actually!) but could do a lot better to manage expectations for employees. Maybe this would improve management's time and ability to fix some more important issues.
    - Far too many points of contact for customers. A customer may end up talking to between 4 and 8 different people who may end up telling them lots of conflicting things. Either communication needs to improve in the store or the number of contact points needs to decrease somehow.

My feedback section was long, I realize, but it's because I genuinely care about Apple as a company and would love to see things improve in real, tangible ways where the signal to noise ratio is considered for retail as much as it is considered for its products and services!

Consider and analyze the cons I wrote above and communicate them with your market leaders! How successful IS Pathways, really, for example? Everything has to be given a chance to work, of course, but I think maybe corporate doesn't get enough constructive feedback from its retail stores for fear of being perceived as not having put enough effort into making these things work.

Regardless, I loved working for Apple and would absolutely return given the need and/or opportunity.

Challenging, Rewarding, but ZERO work/life balance. Most satisfying , most difficult and most rewarding job ever.

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to make that issue dissolve. Sick of hearing the lies. Just don't lie about wanting to fix it, when they clearly DON'T care

At- home Team Manager

Current Employee - At Home Team Manager  in  Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - At Home Team Manager in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company with amazing people. If you work hard and do your job, you will move up. This company is all about career development if you do your part and work hard. The work is extremely satisfying and I love what I do. Love the comfort of working in my home. They also send lots of t-shirts, mugs, totes, and other cool stuff that truly make you feel appreciated. Best place to work.

Cons

None, other than have a more strict policy on hiring. Weed out the clowns who don't have a strong work ethic and are just there to try and get out of working.

Keep up the great job. It's nice to see a company that cares about it's employees and their career development.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working on great products makes up for lackluster employee benefits

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros

When you're working at Apple, you believe that you are working on some of the greatest products possible. And those around you feel the same way. Apple's constant claims about attention to detail and pursuit of perfection aren't just PR - there's a drive within each employees to not cut corners and to obsess over pixel amounts.

Cons

The heavy compartmentalization of teams makes you feel disconnected from the rest of the company. And software engineers aren't allowed to work on any code outside of Apple, which makes you feel restricted.

An amazing enviornment that is fun and demanding.

Former Employee - Apple At Home Advisor  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

They create an environment that allows you to build great relationships with your coworkers. Amazing benefits and good pay. They also paid for my school after a year.

Cons

It was very demanding and tough work at times. Sometimes I would get frustrated because of how much there was to do but they always provide the resources to help.

Great

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

People and products are amazing!

Cons

Not enough time in the day

Keep it up

Great student job (At-Home Advisor)

Former Employee - At-Home Advisor  in  Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - At-Home Advisor in Eugene, OR

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay. Work around your class schedule. Work from home. Managers are supportive. Lot of mentorship and development by both direct supervisors and continuous training. They often send gifts boost moral and create a sense of team.

Cons

Nothing really bad to say. The job itself can suck at times. Customers can be really demanding and rude. BUT, once you get into your routine, the few bad calls you get are easy to deal with.

Fun place to work!

I worked at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Everyone in the company loves the product. It's also really exciting to be a part of a culture that is in the spotlight. Everyone wants to know what you're working on. The food is good and the people are awesome, too.

Cons

Need-to-know company and sometimes the secrecy can be hindering when trying to meet your co-workers.

great

Current Employee - Technical Advisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

friendly environment and great products

Cons

heavy workload, extensive training not much perks for employees

none

Work of your lifetime

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

technical freedom, fast-paced, high visibility, employees just love their products and company..

Cons

growth is challenging...too many good people..

work like a startup..work hard to hire the right people..

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!